3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   300+ And Ready To Try Again...#369 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/29331-300-ready-try-again-369-a.html)

thinthinker 07-14-2003 02:45 PM

300+ And Ready To Try Again...#369

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME

thinthinker 07-14-2003 02:56 PM

Hi everyone! :wave: I used up my posting time switching threads soooooo, gotta run to Curves :D. See ya'll later. :wave: BTW, I was down 2 pounds at WI (not Wisconsin) this morning!! WooHoo!

pjkdreamer 07-14-2003 03:04 PM

Thinthinker!! wonderful down 2 pounds! yee ha!:dizzy: :strong: :cb: :bravo: :dance: :dancer: :grouphug:

I am so proud for you, keep it up, curves is good for you sounds like! It is wonderful to rejoice in each other's successes! will be watching your progress...take care, have a good afternoon:D

peekabooangel 07-14-2003 03:42 PM

Hey chicks,
I think the new site looks pretty neat but I can't find a chat thing anywhere either? Now I'm off to check out the journal thing. Hope everyone is having a nice day.
Sandy

joe anne 07-14-2003 06:18 PM

Miles and Minutes

I forgot to post this:
Miles 12.25
Minutes 292
:D

skribbles 07-14-2003 06:29 PM

Hello ladies,

I'm new to the boards and i've been popping around trying to find a home.. looks like a few of you have a few homes too as i've seen your words on different thread :) i think its great and its nice to see a familar name here and there. I just signed up to these boards a few days ago and i just started to find stuff and now its changed a bit..good thing i havent gotten to used to stuff http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Dunno.gif What caught my eye was your post Thinthinker about u on ur way to curves http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smiles/fruit.gif i just joined a few days ago.. do u like it? have you been going long? and have u noticed any difference. So far i like it but when i leave and later that night i dont feel like i've worked out. Like i have no sore musles. not sure thats how its suposed to feel. Maybe im not working hard enuf.. well i thought i'd at least stop in and say hello and would love to join ur thread.

thanks again

im gonna hafta figure out how to make a pic under my name and a signature too

http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Party.gif

Christabelle Ruby 07-14-2003 07:40 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm so proud of myself for finding this new thread*L*I'd still be posting on the last one if I didn't see the huge letters telling me not too.
I sm considering joining Curves too, but I'm on a pretty limited income. Can anyone tell me what the fees/dues are?
I had a pretty good OP day today, cept I know I went over a few points on dinner.I'm afraid to add all the points up now....that's why I'm stalling by being here...
Have a great day, everyone.
Chrissy

BarbPA 07-14-2003 08:07 PM

Hi Everyone!
I'm only going to be here a minute. Hubby and I seem to have come down w/ some sory of tummy virus and both feel horrible. I have been sleeping since I got home from work and am going back to bed now. Just wanted to say...

Thin - CONGRATS on the 2 pound loss! You go Girl!
:cb:

Welcome to our little corner, Skribbles! This is a great place!
:wave:

A BIG HELLO to everyone else! I'll catch up with you tomorrow!
Hugs,
Barb
:grouphug:

Grannie39074 07-14-2003 08:38 PM

Welcome Chrissy and skribbles you will love it here. stop in often

Hello fellow chicks. Food today has been soso I went to Sonic at lunch and got a chicken club wrap and diet coke it was ok probably loaded with calories. Then this afternoon I got into some chex mix left over fron Sat. but that wasn't too bad.

I did chicken stir fry for dinner but all I seemed to want was the rice.

Hope all of you have a great night

Terri in MO 07-14-2003 09:16 PM

Good evening ladies! :wave:

Just a quick note to tell Mary and Thin :bravo: for your successful WI's! Thin, I'm so proud of you for trying Curves and having sucha good outlook about it. Keep it up! Mary, I don't remember that the wrap thing at Sonic isn't so high in points if you got the grilled chicken one. So much better than a cheeseburger and onion rings. I love going to Sonic. JoAnne - you're doing great with the walking. Loved your road.

I have nothing special to report. All is going well at home and work is work. Life is pretty low-key right now and I am NOT complaining. Makes it easier to avoid bad food days. :lol:

Everyone else, keep up all the great work. I've spent too much time trying to figure out the journal thing.

Have a good evening and great tomorrow.

peekabooangel 07-14-2003 10:11 PM

Hey look up top again.....CHAT is now an option to click on....

thinthinker 07-15-2003 12:27 AM

Hi everyone! :wave: Sorry, but I can't take the time for replies to everyone tonight. It's after midnight and I'm dead tired. :yawn: It's probably my version of PMS kicking in. I'm tending to get more sleepy than *****y these past few months. My son thinks that's a good thing. He'd rather have me sleep than ***** too!:lol:

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments on my dropping the title of Anti-Exercise Queen. Now I'm afraid I'm going to become like an ex-smoker or ex-drinker and become holier-than-thou on the exercise theme. If I get out of line, just pounce on me, ok??? :rolleyes: I just can't get over 'if I can do this, anybody can'!!!! :s:

Just a couple of replies and then off to bed:

Mary: Congrats on your 2 pounds too! :D Here's the info for Sonic, thanks to www.dwlz.com Grilled Chicken Wrap (539 cal/27 g fat/2 g fiber/40 g carbs) 13 WW points
Grilled Chicken Wrap w/o Ranch (393 cal/12 g fat/2 g fiber/38 g carbs) 8.5 WW points
Not awful! Beats a burger and fries.

Skribbles: You are welcome to call our thread home if you'd like. We'd love to have you! Some of us have more time than others for posting, but you won't find this chick anywhere else but here. I used to try and keep up with two threads, this one and one under WW, but I just couldn't keep it going any more so this has been my only home for quite some time now. * Good for you joining Curves. It is the best thing I have done for myself in a loooooong while. I'm with you, I'm hot and sweaty when I walk out of there, but as far as sore, I can't say that I am. Although being honest, last week was my first week and I was a bit over-zealous. This old bod hasn't moved in 15 years and I did the whole 3 circuits 3 days in a row, instead of starting off gradually. It did however, give me ambition that I haven't had in a long time and I came home Friday night and did landscaping on top of it. I would be lying if I didn't say I was pretty much dying all day Saturday and Sunday. But this morning I was back to normal and went to Curves again this afternoon. I also did some landscaping this evening again and I feel fine. Can't tell you if I lost inches this past week as I didn't measure until this afternoon, but I did lose 2 pounds this week. * For your avatar (picture under your name) and signature: go to 'User CP' at the top of the page. When the next screen appears, go to "Edit Options", and then you can choose all the goodies you want. Hope that helps.

Chrissy: All I can tell you is the fees for Curves here. The registration is $149. Then it's $29 a month. They usually offer specials on the registration. I've seen it for 50% and 60% off. I was told there is a coupon coming out next week in my local paper for 1/2 off the registration and then you get the rest of July and all of August FREE! I figure that's a pretty good deal and that's what they're going to let me take advantage of.

Well girls, I hate to boogie on all the rest of you, but I've got a big day tomorrow. Several jobs, lots of reports and I have to take 'the baby's' car in to be fixed. So I'm turning in for the night. See you all later. Love :love: you bunches.

"Opinion is determined by feeling, not by intellect."

2cute2Bfat 07-15-2003 01:07 AM

WOW !!! Leave for a couple of days and the board changes... we have new smilies... newcomers join ... and everyone is exercising and losing. :cp:

WELCOME Skribbles and Chrissy !!! We love newcomers. :love:
I see one of you are smilie friendly. I thought they added new ones for all of us to use.. but I see you inserted them yourself. Very cool. :cool:

I just got home from Missouri. I am happy to announce my sister got out of the hospital early. :D She is doing better.
My mom is holding her own. She seems is good spirits. I had to talk to the staff about them forgeting to give her medications AGAIN !!!! They say.. "Just remind us if we forget" :mad: HECK ... they are paid OVER $100 a DAY ... they should not have to be REMINDED !!!!!! GRRRRrrrrrrrrr It scares me to think what happens when no one is there to correct them.

It is after midnight so I am not going to try to reply to everyone.
I did want to congratulate Terri for her 6+lbs loss. :bravo:
Also Mary for her 2 and everyone else I am forgetting with a weight loss.
I want to congratulate all the exercisers... Thin and Joanne and so many more. (My mind is blank)
I want to tell Duckie congrats on the new Lumina. WOW !!!
And Natalie.... I know of a great spray for fleas and ticks... I will try to find it. the problem with dog dips and such is... it kills them AFTER they bite the dogs. But until they die... they hitch a ride on the dogs and settle in our homes. :eek:

Amanda and Sandy... I guess you saw the new chat before I could comment on it beiing there now. :rolleyes:
And Pam... I know all too well about the vicious cycle overeating and under exercising can become.

I am HAPPY to announce that I thinkI was suffering from PMS the last coupld of days I did post here. I suffered from cramps and lower back pains too the last couple of days. BUT today is a new day and i am doing much better. :D

Okay... I have to get to bed. Love you all.

dixiedarlin 07-15-2003 03:50 AM

Just another manic Monday

Hey ladies:wave:

Congratulations to all of the ladies posting losses and getting in the exercise. :bravo: You are an inspiration to me.

Welcome to skribbles and Chrissy - these are really cool ladies. You will find lots of support here.

BarbPA - hope you are over the "crud" by the time you get this post; those stomach viruses are rough stuff.

Mary - sounds like you made a really good choic at Sonic. I have a hard time resisting their tater tots (love 'em) and the strawberry and chocolate/peanut butter sundaes.

Andria - it's great when you can actually see your weight loss physically. Keep it up!!

Joe Anne - I enjoyed the picture of your road; there are lots of roads in my hometown, I think I'll see if I can find a good one to walk; good for you for trying to make the best choices that you could at the buffet.

2cute - so glad your sister is better; I don't know where you mom is, but it sounds like her caregivers have sh*@ for brains (i'm assuming these are nurses, who should be charting meds as they give them).

thin - former non-exercise queen :queen: - hope your legs cramps have gotten better; my brother has had leg cramps for years (he's 53); we just can't help, he really carries on when he gets one and he is sooo funny.

It's time for me to go home; to anyone I missed keep up the good work.

Good night ladies.

posted at 2:45AM, July 15, 2003

BarbPA 07-15-2003 08:45 AM

Good Morning Chicks! :chicken:
Rise and shine, it's another day! I am having a hard part on the rise and the shine myself, but I am trying. Hubby and I both felt so bad last night. My stomach is feeling better this morning but I am having a hard time holding my head up. If it weren't for already having Friday off this week, I might go back to bed. I am going into work a little late. I have a meeting w/ my boss this afternoon and I don't want to postpone it.

Anyway, I shall get past this. :yes:

Terri - Sometimes it's nice when there is nothing major to report. Kind of like the "no news is good news" saying. :)

Thin - Hey "Night-Owl", I hope you got some much needed rest! We'll all do our best to keep you in line!! :lol:

2cute - Yep, stay gone too long and lots of changes happen! ;) I am so pleased to hear that your sister is doing better!

Mary - You are doing great work! Keep it up! :D

Connie - Thank you for the well wishes. I think I'll survive ;) Although at one point last night I was wondering.

Alrighty gals, I need to finish getting ready for work and get out of here! I'll talk to you later!
Barb