Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-07-2014, 07:12 AM   #121  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

I am in need of a weekend!

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1370 +
Weigh In: 165.4 (TTOM)
Up: .2

Novangel & Steelslady Thank you for the support. That was a huge blow for everyone yesterday. Not something anyone expected to hear.

Steelslady I am so sorry you have had to deal with cancer in your family, too. Keep us updated about your DD. I am sorry that she is going through all of that. I lost both of my parents and my dog to cancer within a 5 year period of time. Both of my parents had non-hodgkins lymphoma. It all just sucks, big time. I will mention the alkaline diet to them.

Have a great Friday and start to your weekend!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:48 AM   #122  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm going to try to get back on track again and post here daily. I feel like I'm finally starting to get things back under control.

Yesterday's Calories: 1565
Today's Weight: 177.2

B - Fit & Active Canadian Bacon Breakfast Sandwich
S- Fiber One Lemon Bar + Warhead Candy
L - Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin w/ Honey Ham and Swiss
S - Reeses Cups
D - Wendy's Sour Cream & Chives Baked Potato + Wendy's Spicy Chipotle Jr. Cheeseburger
S - Kale Chips + Crunchmaster Multigrain Crackers + Swiss Cheese + Dried Beef

Exercise: Approximately 30 minutes slow pace mall-walking (-67) + Mild stretching/low impact exercises (-67)
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:17 AM   #123  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Diana, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer is a horrible, horrible disease. And yes, it sometimes seems like the treatment is worse than the disease itself. Praying for your friend, his family, and for you.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #124  
Vegetarian, Low carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
I'm going to try to get back on track again and post here daily. I feel like I'm finally starting to get things back under control.
I find that posting daily keeps me on track as well.

I'm not weighing in today since yesterday was an UpDay, but I had to say:

I went running again yesterday! It was only my third time running, ever, in my life. But it's already getting easier. Last night I was able to complete all my intervals, I didn't burn out partway through, and today I have no pain. For tonight's run I have upped the duration of the intervals and added two more intervals. It's a modified Couch 2 5K program. I think I really can do it!

And this: KELP NOODLES! I saw them on Dr. Oz but I was skeptical after trying shirataki noodles over and over again and just, well, hating them. Not so much hating the results but I absolutely hate working with shirataki noodles. Gross! So when I saw kelp noodles on Dr. Oz I thought I'd give them a try but I wasn't expecting anything great.

OMG I LOOOOVE kelp noodles! They are PERFECT in a stir fry. An entire package of them has LESS calories than shirataki noodles. Unlike shiratake, the kelp noodles stay firm and absorb the flavor of the sesame oil and soy sauce wonderfully. I have only used them in stir fry so I have not noticed any strange taste. I have read that they are very good in salads, too, but I haven't tried them prepared that way yet.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #125  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Diana I really wonder in the end how much we will ever know about that particular disease. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. There was a boy I graduated high school with who was killed shortly after in a motorcycle accident. Yesterday his brother died of cancer in his early 30's. Sometimes life is incredibly unfair.

I have yet to find a new yoga teacher. There is one in town doing classes, but frankly what it boils down to for me is that I had such a good experience last time I'm afraid that this one won't live up. Plus at $50 per month for the pool and $15 a session for yoga, I'd rather swim and save the money. I do practice alone, but I rarely count it as exercise because it's mostly just for a wind down and solitude and it's only about a half hour at a time.

We got exactly two days of nicer temperatures, and it's now -30 again. My poor dog. He was so happy to go romp around and not freeze his butt off! Weight stayed the same today.

Yesterday was a bunless burger and salad (out for lunch with a friend), steamed broccoli, baked chicken legs, carrots and the last of the perogies. I'm in the process of emptying out my freezer to make way for the beef I'll get from my uncle next month, as well as a lamb I bought. Seeing as I get the beef for free (he rents farmland from my mom and pays her in beef), I'm hoping that will save us some money on groceries. This whole foods lifestyle is costly!

Exercise was 30 minute swim & 25 minute walk and fetch session with Toby.

Have a great day everyone.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 344/311/140

Height: 5'6

Coolmom75 - We all have our slip up days!! Good job for getting back on track yesterday. I've been pretty open minded about trying new foods, but beets are one that really scare me! Ive been thinking about trying though. What do they taste like?

Steelslady - I am tired of the winter too!! It's so nasty where I live in the mountains in PA. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, mother in law, and daughter! I hope the treatment will work for her. I think it is amazing how strong you are as a mom to watch this and be there for her. Sounds like she has a great support system with her siblings too!

Syckgirlsfv - Way to rub it in!!! It's 33 here today and it's 12:45 so warmest part of the day!

Diana - I'm sorry about your friend! That's terrible I do know of a few chemo success stories but they are far and few between. A lot has to do with finding it early too.

shr1nk1ngme - Now I totally want to try Kelp Noodles!

Okay so here's whats going on with me today

Weigh in 311.8 (up .4 after "cheat" last night)

I treated myself to Olive Garden. I am currently on a cleanse with no meat, coffee, alcohol, very limited caffeine and sugar. So it's been hard to say the least, to constrict myself to mostly vegetables, only some fruit, nuts, eggs etc.

I had 1 breadstick (and it was hard not to have more, LOVE their breadsticks!!!) half the bowl of the ziti (which was really just spaghetti with cheese because I subbed wheat noodles) and a little salad. So even though the portion was bigger than what I'd eat for dinner, I still behaved myself and didn't turn it into a full blown cheat. I am up .4 today, and I'm ok with that. I'll work out a little extra!

B - 1/2 wheat bagel with light honey nut cream cheese, 1/2 snack box of raisins
L - Almond butter on 1 piece of wheat and mixed salad
D - 1/2 flatbread with sauteed veggies
S - 1 plum, 1 vegetable pack w/ ranch from sheetz (Celery, Carrots, Broccoli)

Exercise - 1.5 hours of workouts with youtube (probably Jillian Michaels) because it's too cold and icy out there today!

Last edited by Skettihead03; 03-07-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Skettihead03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:20 PM   #127  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Skettihead LOL I'm sorry, I had to!

I've attached a snapshot of the weekend weather...gotta love So Cal!

Diana I'm sorry for your friend. I don't know how you feel about this, or anybody else here, but I find comfort in knowing that at the end of my life I get to go home to my Lord and Savior. I have yet to lose someone very close to me, so I really can't say I know how it feels, but I do think about it a lot because I have a 93 year old grandmother. I know when the time comes I will miss her terribly, and those of us left behind will be crushed. But in thinking about this, I know that she will be in a place the rest of us can only dream about...one that will be millions of times better than here on earth. It makes me feel better. I hope that you and your family will find peace in this awful time.

OK! It's Friday! Accounting project was finished and perfect! I have one more week of classes (plus tomorrow's class) and then finals. Then one week off, and Spring quarter starts April 1st already!

Oh! and I lost a pound over night!

DH and I are probably going to take a bike ride after work, since the weather is gorgeous today. I'm ready to get back on that bike trail!

today:
B - instant re-fried beans, egg whites, green salsa
S - baby bell light, fuji apple
L - low carb wrap w/deli turkey, light jarlsberg, baby spinach
D - so far it's a mystery!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winterweather.jpg (15.8 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 03-07-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #128  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Skettihead, I have been getting a lot of beets in my weekly veg delivery and I'm the only one eating them. I actually got a bit of a stomach ache and the color coming out the other end! TMI, but it made me laugh today. I like them roasted and cubed with some cottage cheese or shredded raw into a salad.

Diana, that's some awful news. my mom did go through treatment successfully for Lymphoma. It was he.ll though!

Today so far:
Breakfast-
Roasted beets, carrots and potato
Cottage cheese
Coffee with milk

Linner-
Egg burrito with,
2 eggs
Low carb wrap
Avocado
Laughing cow cheese
Sautéed cabbage

Total cals 814, and hitting the gym for weight lifting.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 03-07-2014 at 07:40 PM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #129  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I'm slowly getting back to this.

My weight is 164.8lbs which is 14lbs down on when I left for my trip. Wow.

Badly jet-lagged today so did no exercise. Will try to go to the gym tomorrow.

For breakfast, I ate oats, habanero smoked oysters and smoked kippers.

For lunch I had smoked oysters and sardines.

Skipped dinner.

Calorie counting starts again tomorrow.

I wonder how I lost so much weight while away? I ate a lot of fish. But it was fresh stuff, not canned. I also had big breakfasts and big dinners, skipping lunch. I normally skip dinner.

This weightloss thing is way too complicated.

Last edited by IanG; 03-07-2014 at 09:46 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:25 PM   #130  
JUST TODAY!

S/C/G: 212/168

Height: 5'5

Oh Steelslady and Diana, So sorry to hear about your family/friends. You know Drs have been wrong in the past. I mean if that is what you and your love one might want. Here to hope REALLY!!!!
miniapplecocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:37 PM   #131  
JUST TODAY!

S/C/G: 212/168

Height: 5'5

Syckgirlsfv YAY! That project seemed hard.
Diana : thanks for the encouragement.
Shr1nk: I love shiritaki noodles I just ordered a whole case of a new kind with Oat bran, supposedly they are less chewy and more like real pasta we'll see. LOL! I got to find me some kelp noodles now. Do you think Whole Foods or Trader Joes?

Been exercising everyday for 1hour and trying many different things. I got a peddler today. I used it for 55 minutes. Not really enough of a work out compared to what I have been doing all week. But, I'll figure out how to make it work. I can add some dumbbells to the work out while I watch "Modern Fam" reruns LOL!

Yay Me. I ate more than 1000 calories today. I had cheese twice today. Woo hoo.

Have the best the best weekend your are able to everyone!

Last edited by miniapplecocoa; 03-07-2014 at 10:39 PM.
miniapplecocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:45 PM   #132  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all the support. It means a lot to me.

I was finishing up with some big stuff in the office today, corporate tax stuff, personal income taxes, software updates, rebate submissions, etc. Again didn't have have time to add on extra cardio to my workout. I did do the workouts from my rotation, though.

Syckgirlsfv I totally agree. But it's still hard sometimes.

Ian Welcome back! Congrats on the weight loss! I agree it's really complicated. Can you tell a difference in how your clothes were fitting? It must be the sodium. You will get it figured out.

Total Approx 1420 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (650 calories)
Chicken salad sandwich 450 calories
steamed veggies and fruit cup 200 calories

Exercise:
Check-In:
GYBB Total Body Torch w/#5's
GYBB Firm & Fab Abs (the longest 10 minutes of your life!)

Using the 5's made Total Body Torch more doable. The ab workout is mostly pilates moves and it's really tough (or at least for me it is). I have been sore since I started this program. I am even sore from the lower body workout yesterday. Again, I only used 5's. Being sore like this is really unusual for me.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:03 PM   #133  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

calories are at 1700 for the day. Lunch was salmon with a mayo glaze and broccoli. Supper was green beans, a Basa fillet and more broccoli with dip. Had two chocolates as well.

shoulder is still sore so I took a rest day and just did 25 minutes brisk walk with the dog. Weight was lower tonight hope my official reading in the morning is the same.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:44 AM   #134  
Vegetarian, Low carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniapplecocoa View Post
Shr1nk: I love shiritaki noodles I just ordered a whole case of a new kind with Oat bran, supposedly they are less chewy and more like real pasta we'll see. LOL! I got to find me some kelp noodles now. Do you think Whole Foods or Trader Joes?
You can get kelp noodles at Netrition or Vitacost online. I have no idea who sells them in-store. Probably an Asian market kind of thing. Just buy one pack next time you are ordering supplements or diet foods and give them a try (either of those web sites I mentioned are great for that kind of thing).

The kelp noodles look soft but their mouth-feel is slightly crunchy and vegetable-ish, even when cooked. I love them! Remember they are very Asian tasting. Think stir-fry or Asian salad.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #135  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: 10 Minutes of Legs up the Wall Yoga pose while listening to a mountain stream CD

I think TTOM should be ending soon. Maybe today, we'll see. If so, it has shortened from where it had been, 10-21 days.

Calories for yesterday: 1420 +
Weigh In: 165.4 (TTOM)
No Change

Have a great day!