Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - March 2014 - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 3 of 35
Go to
  • Hello, everyone! Figured I would join you all here to keep myself accountable.

Today, I had:

2 BLT's loaded with lettuce and tomato
    1 pkg 100 calorie count almonds
    Chicken Fricasee on 3 pieces of toast
    lots of water, couple of cups of coffee with non-dairy creamer

exercise: 1 hour and ten minutes on the recumbent bike- 30 minutes this afternoon before my first meal, and 40 minutes after my second meal

I started a high fiber/protein diet back in February, eating just two meals a day plus a snack some days, if I am hungry. It's been working for me, I feel great, my blood pressure has gone down and they lowered my medicine- the doctors are thrilled with my progress. I've lost 20 pounds since October, most of them in February, though. I will be changing my ticker in a day or two- just want to make sure that I don't go back to the 300's again- I've gone down to 298 as of yesterday morning, hoping this morning when I get up, it either stays the same or goes down. Night night, all!
  • Quote: it's been a rough day physically and emotionally....lots of drama....horrible throat problems that are slowly clearing up....didn't eat very much today either and I can tell i'm dehydrated also....and tonight we got some bad family news
    I'm so sorry about your family news. Sending you strength and a hug to get through this.

Have you tried a little bit of honey to help soothe your throat? I hope you feel better soon! We had that running through our house a month ago- we were all coughing, sneezing, and complaining of dry and raw throats. I drink apple cider vinegar twice a day in some water with Stevia, and for some reason, I was the first to recover, much faster than everyone else- and that was the only thing I did differently from everyone else. We also took zinc lozenges. Please take good care of yourself, drink lots of water- for me, the colder the better, when my throat hurts.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Restful and Rejuvenating Sleep from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Calories for yesterday: 1535
    Weigh In: 165.4 (TTOM)
    Up: .2

I had to get up this morning, but I didn't want to. We are going on a day trip to a festival. I won't get a workout in today. I can already tell that TTOM is making me tired this morning. I hope the coffee kicks in soon. The festival is going to be on the riverfront. We are taking Cody, too. This should be fun. I don't think I will have any major food temptations. We will eat at a seafood restaurant there. We ate at this place before and it was really good, so I am looking forward to going back. The owner of the restaurant is always there with his dog on the back deck. All the shrimp boats and fishing boats (including the owner of the restaurant boats) are docked there, too. Everything is very fresh.

Alaskanlaughter I'm sorry about the family situation and the stress you are going through. I hope things calm down for you.

Steelslady
    Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Have a good one!
  • Quote: it's been a rough day physically and emotionally....lots of drama....horrible throat problems that are slowly clearing up....didn't eat very much today either and I can tell i'm dehydrated also....and tonight we got some bad family news

I think you should plan for a vacation at some point. You could use it.
  • Aw, alaskan, I hope you feel better. I've had a rough week, as well, though nothing as bad as what you're going through. I got a speeding ticket and my car is doing all kinds of weird stuff so I have to take it to a mechanic.
    Diane, hehe, yeah, the two slices wasn't bad, but I wish I hadn't ate two pizza wraps only 4 hours later!
  • Weigh in - 316.8!!!! It's higher than my ticker/info, but because I just came back. I actually started at 328 a few days ago, so I am so happy. No turning back now!

Food for today -

B - Skipped :-/ Not on purpose but I work crazy shifts and ended up sleeping until just about 12 pm!
    L - Salmon with lemon juice and basil, and olive oil roasted red potatoes (about 3/4 a cup)
    S - Low fat banana cream pie pudding
    D - I'll be making ground turkey in spaghetti sauce over roasted eggplant (I planned to have this last night but worked late so had something else)

Workout - Will spend about 1 hr out on the punching bag, and then hopefully some indoor exercises with youtube since it's snowing like crazy!
  • Alaskan, I hope you feel better and things get a little easier.
  • Good morning/afternoon!

Weigh in: 227.2 (-.4)

Breakfast: 1 piece of whole wheat toast, 2 slices turkey bacon, 1/2 orange
    Lunch: Beef & vegetable soup, saltines
    Dinner: Pinenut & parmesan chicken breast, salad, sauteed mushrooms

Exercise: TBA

Diana I hope you had fun at the festival -- how did Cody do?
  • Hey all! Joining you for March!
    I'm Kate, from Aberdeen in Scotland, I'm 22 and started my journey January 1st this year :-)
    I had a great January and lost 8.4lbs, February was settling into my new routines and I lost 5.8lbs. Aiming for 6lbs this March.
    Nice to meet you all!
    K
  • Hi NewKate and Angie!

I'm doing good today. Had 1 egg and some romaine lettuce sauteed with green onions, and some turkey sausage and potatoes for breakfast, and a small roll with barbeque for lunch. Probably going to have chicken and rice for dinner, then some yogurt with pineapple later.
  • I will be away from here for a week....we are flying tomorrow morning to the village to bury my brother in law, who we were very close to, in his hometown....he died unexpectedly last night from pneumonia...he was 49....we will be in the village until sunday
  • Quote: I will be away from here for a week....we are flying tomorrow morning to the village to bury my brother in law, who we were very close to, in his hometown....he died unexpectedly last night from pneumonia...he was 49....we will be in the village until sunday
    So sorry for your loss
  • happy Sunday all! Last night I ended up making some chicken fried chicken breast (Omaha Steaks) with mushroom gravy (cream of mushroom soup and fresh chopped and sauteed mushrooms in it) and fresh asparagus. SO yum! Better than going out to eat, too! And we didn't do cardio because the rain was so crazy and we were both tired.

Just got home from doing cardio today, though...42 minutes on the treadmill. Burned 350 calories. Today I have had so far:
    B - peanut butter and 2 slices bacon on sourdough toast (yes, peanut butter and bacon together in a sammich!)
    S - small hand full of chopped pecans. Haven't had lunch, but DH is going to BBQ as soon as he comes back from walking to the liquor store. I am going to have 2 shots of vodka...and I haven't had hard liquor in months! I'm going to have him grill me a chicken breast for tomorrow's lunchtime salad and I'll have a burger and steak fries tonight. Asparagus also. Maybe a small amount of the grillin' beans I got for free at the grocery store for DH.

WALKING DEAD TONIGHT!!!!!
  • Quote: I will be away from here for a week....we are flying tomorrow morning to the village to bury my brother in law, who we were very close to, in his hometown....he died unexpectedly last night from pneumonia...he was 49....we will be in the village until sunday
    Way too young I'm so sorry for your loss. Safe travels and we'll be here when you get back.
  • Hi Everyone!

We had fun today. I didn't get back home in enough time to go to the shop to workout. I tried, but it didn't quite work. We secured Cody in the back seat with his new harness. He did pretty well. When we first left, I had to pull over to untangle him. After that he was fine. I think he will enjoy traveling like that better than the crate. I will still have to use the crate when I have to make multiple stops. I don't trust him not to eat the straps and the whole car.

I think I had a successful day. I kept Cody with me and let DH go on ahead into the festival. The festival was more for him since it was about hunting and outdoors. There were dog events, too. I also didn't want to go into the vendor area of the festival because I didn't trust myself around all of that food. No sense in pushing the envelope since I had that crazy stress binge this week. I kept Cody around the perimeter. I didn't want to stress him too much with a lot of people and dogs. We had contact with people and dogs but he wasn't bombarded all at one time. We had one on one contact. I think it went well.

We then went to the restaurant where we had went before. The last time we were there they grilled my seafood and it was literally some of the best that I have ever had. Today they wouldn't grill it. The festival brought in a lot of people. The waitress said the cooks wouldn't grill food since it took too long, they didn't have much grill space, and frying was quicker. Grilled food isn't even on their menu. So, I ordered fried food but that was my lunch and dinner.

Novangel Hi

Laciemn Did you get your car back, yet? I hope the repairs aren't to bad.

Skettihead Congrats on your weigh in!

Angie Congrats on the .4! I think Cody did well. He is definitely a handful so it will be baby steps for him. What kind of puppy are you getting.

NewKate Hi and welcome to the check-in!

Alaskanlaughter I'm so sorry about your loss. Is this the same BIL that checked your car before?

Syckgirlsfv Enjoy your show tonight. I'm getting ready for The Amazing Race!

Coolmom