Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-16-2014, 08:57 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 171/150/115

Height: 5'4

Hi all! Still feeling positive about this exercise thing. I got through my workout and did a little bit more than usual and I actually feel better than I usually do.

I did really well, mostly, except for dinner. I still did well, but I had too much chicken.

In addition to breakfast, which was 250 calories, I had tea with pineapples, cucumbers and sunflower seeds which also came in at around 250. I had a few pita chips which were 70 calories. For dinner, I cooked quite a bit of chicken. I don't know how much in ounces, but it was four strips. I ate most of it mixed in with cherry tomatoes and sweet peppers and a little ginger dressing. It was really good, but I'm concerned that I ate too much chicken. Oh well. The calories in the salad were around 400.

Last edited by laciemn; 03-16-2014 at 08:57 PM.
laciemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:52 PM   #302  

I am new in this group. Given my spinal cord injury (cannot walk) I am not able to weight in (we do not have bed scales). I think I can take measurements to track progress. I need support for eating right and exercising. Thanks a lot for being there
Victoria_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:44 PM   #303  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniapplecocoa View Post
Hey everyone and especially the new people! I've said it before and I'll say it again. This forum has been one of the most powerful tools I've had to keep on tract..
Agree. I give a huge amount of credit to 3fc.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:07 AM   #304  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

it was quite a day of eating I know it was stress etc....DH and his brother installed a new dishwasher which was stressful for me even though I wasn't part of it....packed up everything for niece and her daughter to be flown to her tomorrow which was stressful in a way...I ate my way through an unusual amount of processed junk food today and even ate ice cream tonight, which I haven't done in awhile...

*sigh* tomorrow will be better....need to get back to a lower carb way of eating
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:41 AM   #305  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,

Back to the grind, last week on my winter schedule, next week i start an hour shorter days and plan on going to the rail trail, hopefully the weather cooperates. 158.3 today.

B- oats, reduced sugar almond milk, poached egg
L- spring mix, sprouts, Italian, balsamic, Bolthouse salsa ranch, smoked oysters
S- orange, banana
D- salad
E- walk at work, exercise bike

Hope everyone has a great day :subby:
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:43 AM   #306  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Where did the weekend go?

Last night I did: GYBB Stretch and Tone Yoga

Calories for yesterday: 1325 +
Weigh In: 164.6
Down: .4

Victoria Hi and welcome to the check-in! Good luck with your weight loss goals. I'm not sure the types of exercises that your Dr. approves of. A friend of mine had food surgery and was very limited as to what she could do. She used some of the workouts in the Sit and Be Fit program. Here's their site: http://www.sitandbefit.org/index.php...category=video I know they air shows in certain markets and there's some stuff online.

Enjoy your day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-17-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #307  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Okay. Party weekend is finally over. I'm soooo tired, but it all went well. Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day dinner at my mom's and I still feel stuffed from that!

Will get my swim in at noon and it's so nice out here today I haven't had to wear a coat even, so I'm hoping to take Toby for a nice run (Providing he's recovered from his day at my mom's).

Don't know what lunch is, but supper will be roast duck and kale. Have a great day!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #308  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning everyone! I'm off today since I worked yesterday at our carnival...the beach was GORGEOUS! We were at Santa Monica pier, and we continue to have amazing weather. BUT! This morning at around 6:30 we were awoken by an earthquake...shook us right awake! I hear it was about a 4.7. Our house is sturdy, so nothing fell or broke, but the cats were not happy

Yesterday was not a great eating day...had eggs/potatoes/bacon for breakfast before leaving for the beach. Then had taco bell chicken burrito for lunch (one of the places on the pier, made kosher for our event. Only had chicken and rice inside!), and when finished met DH at the restaurant on the end of the pier where he was having cocktails. Needless to say, a shot of Jack and 2 shots of rum later we finally came home. THEN. 2 shots of rum and a shot of makers mark! ARGH! LOL I haven't had hard liquor in months, with the exception of a few weeks ago when I had a couple shots of vodka one sunday. Oh well...this only happens now a time or two every 4 months or so, so I won't get to weird about it. Going to the gym later today to run it off! Didn't really eat again, either...just a little bit of the meat out of a fried chicken breast and some ice cream.

I'm going to go make homemade waffles right now with low carb mix. Catch you ladies (and Larry and Ian) later! 75 degrees and sunny today also going to do a bike ride later!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 171/150/115

Hi Victoria! Welcome to the thread.

I've done well today and haven't had much of an appetite. I had salad with grilled chicken, a graham cracker, a small piece of chocolate and two rice cakes. I'm going to have a hamburger if I get hungry later, but if I'm not very hungry, I will probably just eat some pineapple.

I haven't worked out at all today. I still plan to after homework, though.
laciemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 229/216/180

Height: 5'4"

Hello Victoria and welcome, you should find lots of support here.

On another note, it's cold here again....but today is supposed to be the only day this week. Then it will go up to the 50's just in time for me to start work. I also can start getting ready to walk outside for my exercise. I would like to make sure the weather is quite steady though.

B: Yogurt with peanuts and a banana
S: Tostitos
L: Trail mix of raisens and peanuts and a cookiie
D: Steak and onions
S: Banana, .5 peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Got a good note from my mom today, she can see that I'm losing weight

Last edited by Waterbunny77; 03-18-2014 at 01:38 AM.
Waterbunny77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:54 PM   #311  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I am waiting for DH to finish up what he is doing here at work.

Something funny to share about Cody. This morning while I was putting on my makeup, Cody was stretched out under my chair sleeping. When I looked down to my left I could see his head/front feet and to the right I could see his tail/back feet. I noticed some movement to the right and looked down. His little bobbed tail was wagging just as fast as it could. I looked at his head and sure enough, he was sound asleep. I guess he was dreaming that he was doing something really fun. When DH and Cody plays with the dummies, Cody's tail is wagging as fast as he can move it. We often joke that he has a little humming bird back there.

Laciemn Good job on your workouts.

Novangel Hi

Alaskanlaughter I hope today was a better day for you.

kelijpa I hope the weather cooperates so you can get out on the trail.

Radiojane Enjoy getting out with Toby.

Syckgirlsfv I hope your day off was a good one.

Waterbunny Hang in there with the cold weather. Our temps have swung from highs near 80 to today in the 40's with rain. Crazy!

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-17-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #312  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Today has been a very long day. On top of everything else, I went out to lunch (which is the biggest meal of the day in Greece) and I ate all my calories at once, so I was starving the whole day...

So, here's my one meal:
Appetizer: Fried zucchini with walnut skordalia. That's thin slices of zucchini dipped in flour and then fried. Skordalia is a dip which is made of wet stale bread, walnuts, olive oil, vinegar and garlic. It probably sounds gross but it tastes like heaven.
Salad: Just plain lettuce with olive oil and lemon.
Main dish: Pork with peppers and a sauce made of feta cheese and mustard. I only ate half of it with some fries.
Dessert (in most restaurants in my town we get dessert for free): half a scoop of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and half of this thing I can't describe.
I should be at about 1600 calories but I can't be sure about the oil...
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #313  
JUST TODAY!

S/C/G: 212/168

Height: 5'5

Aww Diana, that is a cute story about Cody!

Hi Victoria!

Waterbunny are you in the Midwest..? We had snow this morning. I just ignored it and acted as if. I got an ice cream machine in anticipation of summer. LOL!

Finally used my Pedaler for an hour today!

Eating on plan but a little low in calories. Better low than high for me.

Have the best evening you are able to!
miniapplecocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:40 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 150/146.6/120

Welcome to the newbies!

Good day today. I planned out all my meals and snacks in the morning which worked well for me.

B: 2 eggs scrambled and a smoothie with protein powder, almond milk, blueberries, spinach and cucumber (I know, right? but it turned out pretty tasty. It did take a cup of frozen blueberries for that to happen..)
L: 3 oz chicken, broccoli, plum, blackberries
S: baby carrots
D: Plain yogurt and berries, kiwi with pumpkin seeds

Workout: RPM spin class! I can feel my fitness improving. I'm working harder in classes rather than feeling like I need to pace myself.

Last edited by thekiwi; 03-17-2014 at 07:41 PM.
thekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:14 PM   #315  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Marniadec
Tomorrow is a new day. I hope it's a better one for you.

Miniaplecocoa LOL on the ice cream machine.

Thekiwi Good job on the improved fitness!

Total Approx 1320 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (550 Calories)

Chicken salad sandwich on pumpernickel 450 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Metabolic Boost
GYBB Fat Blast Intervals
Crunchless Abs High Intensity Cardio Sculpting

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-17-2014 at 09:14 PM.