3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - March 2014 - Everyone Welcome!

Old 03-10-2014, 05:57 PM   #181
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

just touching base here...i got to sleep late and didn't sleep well...but somehow i woke up feeling rested enough to tackle the day i got to work just after 6:30 a.m. and started catching up on stuff...i'm caught up, which i wasn't expecting to be yet, and am prepped for the afternoon with students...also got my house much cleaner but haven't tackled the room where all the extra kids were staying just yet...still need to pay bills but that's waiting until wednesday...

i didn't go to the gym as i just feel too mentally drained to do that just yet...i had some coffee and gatorade today, that's all i've eaten...i have a weird taste in my mouth too, yuck...maybe my sinuses are finally draining...

but i feel ready for the afternoon with my students and looking forward to a MUCH quieter evening at home with all the extra kids not there
Old 03-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #182

S/C/G: 150/146.6/120

Height: 5'4

SO this morning I was up to 150.4. I think it's mostly water retention (I have a really hard time with this) because I've started actually exercising.

Today I've been eating lots of fruit (strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, blackberries) and yogurt (plain/greek) with some pumpkin seeds and walnuts. I also had some raw veggies in the afternoon, baby carrots, celery, cucumber, bell pepper slices. And a plum. Loose logging (my food scale needs a new battery) - around 1400 cals. I need to work on drinking more water and getting more protein in tomorrow.

I think I'm going to take a rest day. I had a long day of work and all I want to do is curl up and read. I had intended to get up early for a spin class but I am really good at talking myself out of early morning workouts! I have to lift tomorrow. I am going to try early morning again, as tomorrow will also be a really long day.. I do like lifting much better than spin so maybe that will give me the push I need!
thekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:16 PM   #183

S/C/G: 317/259/155

Height: 5' 6"

Don't pay the ransom, I have escaped.

Sorry I have not been posting lately but my DW's Vertigo is back with a vengeance and as a separate item she frequently starts choking and coughing. Her voice is very hoarse now. I took her to a new doctor,he is an ENT and he seems to really be trying to get to the root of these two issues. She has had a barium swallow test and a scope of the nasal passage and throat. All negative so far. An EGD is next. Today she had a ENG test and they found she has benign positional vertigo on the right side. We have a long list of instructions for this. My poor DW cannot navigate from the bed to the master bath that is connected to the bed without my help. She has not been able to eat anything since Friday morning until tonight when she had soft eggs and very light toast. So far so good.

I went to the family doctor today and he suspects that my anemia has returned. I sleep great all night and wake up barely able to keep my eyes open I am so tired. I have blood work tomorrow to see if the anemia is back. If so I will be back to the Hematologist who told me at my last visit the anemia may come back. If so I will be undergoing a bone marrow biopsy which I understand is somewhat uncomfortable to have done.

Even though I was absent from posting I have remained on plan with my eating.

Last edited by Larry H : 03-10-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:24 PM   #184

S/C/G: 171/150/115

Height: 5'4

Larry, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your wife feels better soon. Are you eating too few calories? Could that cause your tiredness? Also, a lack of iron can cause that. Try to supplement iron in with a pill! Stay strong for the bone marrow biopsy.

Today was my first, last and only day of classes for this week. Hurrah spring break! It was quite beautiful today. I met a fantastic new friend, and saw one of my old friends. I also found out the exam in Bio I thought I made a C on, I actually made an A! It was a relief.

As far as my diet, well it wasn't bad, not great either. I had toast with jam for breakfast, strawberry cake for lunch (I did scrape off most of the icing as it wasn't good), fried chicken, salad w/ a bit of olive oil and italian herbs, 2 slices of sour dough bread and an orange.

Last edited by laciemn : 03-10-2014 at 08:28 PM.
laciemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:11 PM   #185

S/C/G: 229/216/180

Height: 5'4"

Today I ate approximately 200 more calories than usual.

B: Yogurt, Tostitos
Mid Morning S: apple, 3 eggs
L: More eggs, Handful of Tostitos (can't seem to get enough of these chips today)
S: Chocolate
D: Turkey sandwich with tomato only
S: Tostitos

Last edited by Waterbunny77 : 03-10-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Waterbunny77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:01 PM   #186
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: 292/165.2/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Ian I thought about you with the shad/roe. I thought you would appreciate it. Congrats on the pound and new low! Maybe you just needed some type of reset.

Waterbunny Good job on your day and keeping things in moderation.

Laciemn Great job on the A! I'm glad the power is back on for you.

Sherma Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Alaskanlaughter I'm glad you are back and getting back to your normal routine. I know the trip must have been draining.

Psychic Good job keeping things in moderation.

Sum Hi

Radiojane Great job on the 1.5 pounds!

Skettihead Do you know how many calories you are eating? Maybe you are not eating enough. Are you getting enough protein?

Syckgirlsfv Good job on your day.

Thekiwi
I hope you get a great workout in tomorrow.

Larry I'm sorry that you and your DW are dealing with health issues right now. Wishing the best for the both of you. Check in when you can. Keep up the great work.

I started my most recent weight loss journey January 2008.
I lost 1/2 of my starting body weight and entered into maintenance May 2011.
Now the real work begins!

Maintenance Weight Range 150-155 <-- this was in the past, my current goal is to get below 160 and I will reassess from there

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:05 PM   #187
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1370 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
2 Grilled Mahi taco's 600 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Fat Blast Intervals
GYBB 60 Second Slim Down
GYBB Gorgeous Glutes w/5's
TF Fire 30

Maintenance Weight Range 150-155 <-- this was in the past, my current goal is to get below 160 and I will reassess from there

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana
Old 03-10-2014, 10:10 PM   #188
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I made the top of Diana's list!

I think you are right about the sodium though. I did the numbers and my sodium on canned fish is crazy high (more than 3500mg today).

When I travel I eat mostly fresh, so the sodium is lower and I get a whoosh.

Now I am stuck. I can't eat fresh fish every day at home because I do not have time.

Let's see what happens with canned again...

If my weight goes up it will be decision time...again.

Running because of Diana
Believing because of Sue
Elvis lives!
Getting fashion advice from Sum
ReillyJ and Carpediem saved my knees!
Don't believe the hype. EAT MORE FISH.
If the bar ain't bendin', you're just pretendin'!

Last edited by IanG : 03-10-2014 at 10:35 PM.
IanG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:25 PM   #189
Walkers in the barn!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

hey all checking in before I hit the shower and my bed! Rode bikes with DH for an hour tonight, fun and a calorie burn of almost 400. good stuff

Ended up making Barilla veggie elbows (carrot and squash) with a garden spaghetti sauce to which I added fresh sauteed baby bella mushrooms, baby spinach, and the chicken breast we grilled last night. YUM!

I am sleepy...better get started on the shower! nite all!

Officially out of the 160s! May 2013 - and back in as of July 2013...and back out as of May 2014! Need to make it to the 140's! NO MORE BOUNCING!!!

Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:29 PM   #190

Height: 5' 5"

I was on here many months ago and am ready to recommit! Today I took a walk in our hilly neighborhood before anyone was up (so peaceful). I also survived (barely) an hour long strength class at the gym. I need to work on my stamina, but I know it will come with consistency. It is great to be back
Old 03-11-2014, 12:02 AM   #191

S/C/G: 317/259/155

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by laciemn View Post
Larry, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your wife feels better soon. Are you eating too few calories? Could that cause your tiredness? Also, a lack of iron can cause that. Try to supplement iron in with a pill! Stay strong for the bone marrow biopsy.
I have been taking 325 mg Iron tablets morning and night since May. I also take Vitamin C and B12 to help with Iron absorption by my body. My blood tests show that I have a slightly high Iron level so it would seem that something else is causing the anemia.

Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:57 AM   #192
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/see sig/143

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all, quick check in, time change getting me, love the extra daylight at night, just need to get adjusted.

More later, best to all

Ian congrats on the loss, make sure you're drinking some water with that canned fish, good luck

Larry spinach is my go to when I'm low on iron, I'd eat a can at a time, kind of volume tricks...tmy anemia is iron deficient, wishing your DW some relief from the vertigo, I was getting dizzy from something going on in my inner ear a few weeks ago, such a strange feeling. Best of luck with everything

...as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods

Thanks to Diana and GardenerJoy for threads that keep me going month after month!

DH
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:06 AM   #193
Learning to Think Healthy

S/C/G: 195/181/150

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday's Calories: 1626
Today's Weight: 175.8

B - Quaker Real Medleys Summer Berry Oatmeal + Coffee
S - Crunchmaster Multigrain Crackers
L - Subway Footlong Oven Roasted Chicken on Wheat w/ Lettuce, Cucumbers, Black Olives and Honey Mustard
D - Italian Sweet Sausage w/ Potato Bun + Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Exercise: 20 Minutes Walking (-80)

I went a bit over on my calories yesterday. Dad requested homemade mac & cheese, so I had to make it (and of course, eat it). Weight is down -0.2 from yesterday though, so I can't complain. I did miss going to the gym yesterday, but I will be going tonight.

Current Goal: Wear Size 10 Pants by September 1st
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:13 AM   #194
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Letting Go and Completing Your Day from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Calories for yesterday: 1370 +
Weigh In: 164.8
No Change

jennykay
Hi and welcome to the check-in!

Ian
Can you find some lower sodium options within the canned seafood lines? I know I have seen some but not sure about flavor and availability. Also, maybe you can tweak some other foods you eat. Does the kimchi have much sodium? If so, maybe you can get a variety that is lower.

Enjoy your day!

Old 03-11-2014, 09:55 AM   #195
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Diana. I may try that. The lower sodium options tend to be more expensive though.

It's my gain day so up 1lb to 162.8lbs. I hope I am done with increases this week.

I am going to be strict with calories again today. I'm looking at about 1700.

Fat Calories Protein Carbs
Breakfast
oats 5 300 8 54
Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
dried apricot 0 32 0 9
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Wild Planet Sardines 5 183 33 0
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Ekone lemon pepper oysters 6 165 17 12

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Vital choice canned sockeye 16 340 48 0
Ocean harvest Dungeness crab 1 120 26 0
Ekone original oysters 5 165 17 11
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 53 1711 173 127
Weight 162.8
Protein/weight ratio 1.07
Targets based on weight Low High
Calories 2279 2605
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 38 57
20% less calories to cut 1823

Exercise: Did 1 hour boxing before work. Will run 3 miles outside at lunch with a friend.

Running because of Diana
Believing because of Sue
Elvis lives!
Getting fashion advice from Sum
ReillyJ and Carpediem saved my knees!
Don't believe the hype. EAT MORE FISH.
If the bar ain't bendin', you're just pretendin'!
IanG is online now   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.