Newbie looking for support

• Hello everyone!

After a bit of quiet lurking, I've decided to sign up for a bit of support. I'm 21 years old, 5ft 6 and live in Lebanon. Women here are very vain. They want to be gorgeous. I am ok with my average looks. Others, however, are not and make sure I hear it from them. I try not to care, but it does start to get to you a bit. God forbid you gain a little weight in this country. Every woman will let you know! Except that's the problem...I gained weight.

I'm not looking to get ultra-skinny or muscular. I just want to lose 10-15 lbs and feel good in my clothes again. See, I know I had gained weight but I didn't know how much. I had a rough few months and I ate and ate and ate. A month ago I weighed myself and then wham! I became depressed (I suffer from anxiety & depression & have been for 4 years. I am not on any medication.)

I was always 145-148lbs and very content there. People always used to tell me I needed to lose 10lbs then but I have a 40 inch *** and wear a 36C bra...and I felt sexy! I am curvy and genuinely LOVE curvy, thick ladies.

However now, I am 158 and I keep beating myself up about it. Many of my friends are saying its not a big deal but I feel myself becoming obsessed and I just want YOU ALL to put me in my place and tell me to relax and how to lose it the healthy way. I dobt want thus to develop into something serious when 10lbs shouldn't be such a big deal..

With that being said I have cut down on my calories and made a lot of big swaps. I havent had any junk food, including fried food. I eat a lot more fruits now. I've cut down on my bread intake by 2/3 (I allow myself 2 small pita breads a week). I drink about 5 glasses of water a day plus two cups of green tea. On March 6, it'd be exactly a month since I started and I am petrified of weighing myself. I feel thinner and my size 7 jeans fit me again but at the same time I still feel fat. I'm scared of going on the scale and seeing "155lbs" after a month of dieting.

I also should say that I don't really exercise, other than house chores (it gets vigorous at times!) and I don't really go out...will me not exercising throw all.my changes out the window?

Anyway, I basically just want a hug! I've read so many stories here and I wish I was as strong and empowered as you all. Thank you for reading.
  • I am giving you a big hug!!! I know that for me depression and paranoia are the evil twins that thrive when I am lugging around extra weight. I have thrown off the yoke of sugar/bread / processed foods. The first week was very hard but I stood my ground. I feel so much cleaner and my mind is no longer taunting me with self doubt and negative messages. Keep posting here because their are so many here that want you to succeed!
  • *hug* You got this! I agree that if you keep posting here you will find the support you want and need.
  • Thank you darlings! I love the support! You guys are so inspiring. I love seeing the progress in your signatures. Amazing amazing amazing!!!

So like I said, I have been dieting for month. Today I had the guts to check my inches. My 30-inch waist is now a 28. My 36 belly is now a 34 and my 40 inch tush is now a 39! I'm so happy. I will not weigh myself until the sixth though! I may not even weigh myself at all. I tried on my size 7 jeans and they fit me again! Yay! I will just keep doing this for another month and see what happens :-)
  • Greeting all..