Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/185/125

Height: 5'3”

Default 10lbs a month threads

I use to be on here more often in the past but it's been awhile. There use to be support threads about aiming to lose 10lbs each month. Beginning of each month a new thread would start. I've noticed that I don't see them anymore. Does anybody know what happened to them or am I just not seeing them? I was wondering because I always found that they kept me motivated.
dragonstar85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I miss them too! Not sure where they all went, maybe people moved into the "Getting out of ---" threads?

Btw nice weight loss!! I see we the same height (I get so excited when I see someone else my height!!) and almost the same starting weight! What have you been doing if you don't mind me asking? I can't seem to move out of 175 for the life of me!

Last edited by hhm6; 02-19-2014 at 02:48 AM.
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:59 PM   #3  

Sorry took few days to reply back *been insanely busy!). I was wondering if people started to post in those threads instead.
Well, right now I've been struggling with getting closer to my goal weight. I've been in the 150's for about a year (with a week in the high 140's). But before that I counted calories (which I haven't been doing from lack of time this past year but at least I'm maintaining around 155, give or take) and walked, a lot! I started going to the gym this past October. I've been lifting weights mostly so I've noticed I've gotten more muscles and strength (which I'm sure why I haven't really seen the scale dropping as well). But I can honestly tell ya when I was counting every calorie and talking 1 1/2 - 2 hour walks everyday 170's was my hardest especially 175. I just couldn't seem to get out of them. Then after what seemed like forever my scale finally dipped down to 169. Then next day 170 and I wanted to cry. It yoyo'ed between 169 and low 170's for a bit then finally it stayed in 160's.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:09 PM   #4  

No worries!!!

ohh I see!! Man the 170s just suck for everyone! I've seen countless people say 170s were brutal for them, but I lost a lb today, so scared it's going to go up again after the weekend.

When you were calorie counting what number did you stick around? I'm eating super clean right now (quite like it too!) mainly veggies and I eat upto 1200 cals-1400cals, but by 1200 I'm really satiated/happy lol so I don't feel the need to eat more, but I also workout daily (mostly cardio I *attempt* HIIT for an hr/day) so I feel like I'm under 1200 as a net, not sure if it's slowing my loss, but I don't want to start eating more than I need. It's how I got so fat in the first place lol!!

Thanks for responding!
Old 02-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #5  

oh and to your earlier question, I definitely started posting in the other threads! They're pretty similar to the 10lb loss threads
Old 02-21-2014, 04:17 PM   #6  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Wow, I forgot all about those threads! I remember why I stopped doing the 10lbs a month threads, though. I'd get frustrated or sad if I never made my goals. Eventually, I started to feel discouraged and wanted to give up instead of motivating me. That's just me, though.

You should go ahead and start a new one! I'm very sure some (or a lot of) people will love to join!

Last edited by amandie; 02-21-2014 at 04:17 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:19 PM   #7  

When I was calorie counting I was slowly lower my calorie intake and lowered it every 10lbs I lost. Instead of doing the math to figure it all out like you can I just added 2 zeros to the end of my "mini" goal weight. For example at 180 I would eat no more then 1900 calories at day. Once at 180 I wouldn't eat past 1700.
Yeah, when I couldn't get out of the 170's and seen others say it was one of their hardest it did make me feel better and relieved. I found the 160's was hard too. But not like 170's.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
Wow, I forgot all about those threads! I remember why I stopped doing the 10lbs a month threads, though. I'd get frustrated or sad if I never made my goals. Eventually, I started to feel discouraged and wanted to give up instead of motivating me. That's just me, though.

You should go ahead and start a new one! I'm very sure some (or a lot of) people will love to join!
I never could lose 10lbs in a month. But me being hard headed I was determined there would be a month that I would lose 10lbs. haha
Old 02-21-2014, 04:29 PM   #9  

Oh nice!! Maybe I should increase calories slowly to switch things up...

Yeah!! I remember in the beginning, weightloss was quick, but I was also eating crap every single day. I wasn't a soda drinker or fast food junkie, just ate WAY WAY too many calories in carbs, and little to no vegetables, so when I cut it out, it was a significant difference. Hopefully things change!!

If you do start one, I'll join!! I have a wedding to attend to in a few months and I'm seeing (to put it politely) some really mean family members, so I'm using it as motivation to lose something my mid April haha, lame I know!

I hope there is one month where I can drop 10lbs!! I know some people on the goal threads have dropped that way, there's hope!!
Old 02-21-2014, 04:47 PM   #10  

I was just going to go start one now but then I realized there's only a week left for this month. I'll start one March 1st!
Old 02-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #11  

Good idea!! yayyy!!!
Old 02-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #12  

That was my problem, I ate too many calories. Why is food so yummy? Even healthy food is yummy to me. lol
And I completely hear ya about (like you said putting it politely) mean family. I have a few of those. Funny enough one of them when they first realized I was taking walks and eating better made a snide remark "well, you may lose 10lbs if you're lucky but YOU won't lose anymore then that!" This past summer they where constantly nagging me about what I did and how I lost the weight so they could too. But they didn't want to stop their unhealthy habbits so they kept nagging me for my "secret."
Old 02-21-2014, 05:06 PM   #13  

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/newr...te=1&p=4948636

It's awful right?! I have an uncle who constantly asks me why I even bother working out! So annoying, but honestly, I have to keep telling myself I'm doing this for me! For some reason having an excuse (like a wedding/party/gathering) always picks it up a notch for me lol

I just bought a HRM so I'm hoping I can have a better reading on what I'm burning now =)
Old 02-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #14  

It is! And I did try to help them. But when they kept asking "what else?" I realized they wanted a overnight mircle that I didn't have. If I had it I wouldn't have walked everyday for months and I'll be marketing that secret. lol I have another family member that insist that the only way I of all people could have lost the weight is that I have a underlying health issue that I don't know about and need to see a DR asap cause there's no way I could lose weight. It gets annoying but then I try to look at it that clearly it's them projecting themselves and their insecurities onto me.
There's some days I have to remind myself why I eat better (or try) and workout, to be the best me that I can be. And try not to let others change that but it is hard. I find I do the same with certain things making me kick it up a notch. I find as long as it's not your sole purpose (which from what it sounds like for you, it's not ) then it's a good inspiration to try harder. I did that for my brother's wedding and I'm doing that now. In a few weeks I'll be seeing a friend I haven't seen in a while.