Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 10:39 PM   #106  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, Jelynn, for weighing in on the new thread idea. My computer doesn't like threads that are too long ... opens slowly!!!

on your Day 9!!!

To Scooooobydooo for the last minute save. Good job on getting out the door at the 11th hour, Scooby!!!

To all 21-day challengers, mentioned and unmentioned, who are sticking with this or even starting over as I type, because eventually ALL challengers will reach the first block level, then the next and the next!!!

I am excited as I've gone longer on this than ever before!!! I am planning my next challenge, though I have a few more days on this one. This week has been more difficult than all the others, but I shall reach the finish line!!!

Ending eating DAY 18 at 1770!!

Old 07-31-2003, 01:16 AM   #107  

Everyone is doing great!!! Wa-hoooo!!!!
I went for a walk/jog today, about 25 minutes. I wish I could do that everyday, it feels so good. I did some stretching when I finished. I am so tight!!! I resolve to stretch twice a day until my mucsles regain a little flexibility. Cals around 1500 today. I think tomorrow needs to be a lower one.
By the way, new thread OK with me....
Old 07-31-2003, 03:59 PM   #108  
Domestic Engineer

Day 10 for me- I'm going to do this!!!!!

Amarantha...you are so close...you WILL do this!! BRAVO!

Great job everyone on the challenge!!

Last edited by jelynn; 07-31-2003 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-31-2003, 08:26 PM   #109  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!1

Ending eating day at 1700!!! Day 19 almost complete and ON TO DAY 20!!!

Jelynn and Apple Blossom and may I echo your WAHHOOO!!! We're doing great, but we are missing some people in recent days ... how is everyone? Hope all is well!

Thanks, AB for advising re the new thread!

Old 07-31-2003, 09:29 PM   #110  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Reporting in with an all-clear on Day 10. It's on to 11 now. No time to respond individually but just let me say you all are strong and something else! Keep it up. Your resolve fuels mine. I could never have done it without you. I think we produce a kind of collective energy that helps to motivate us.

Amarantha, thanks for the carb advice. It's hard to tell at this point. Other things in my life are majorily stressful right now. I am not eating much at all. That's good for losing weight but it isn't good for my body. It must feel under siege. Will try to give it some support today!

Also, PLEASE make a new thread. This is getting way out of hand and the high cost of being online here makes it very hard on me for one as I'm sure it does for others. I want to read things slowly but waiting for the printable version and then one with all the posts just takes so long.

Over and out! Forward on!
Old 07-31-2003, 11:21 PM   #111  

If I'm not mistaken, I've finished up day seven at about 1400 cals. I also went for another walk/jog and cut 3 minutes off my time. Oh yea.
I really had a hard time controling munchies today, but I made it through. And I REALLY REALLY wanted pizza for dinner but I had bought some fish at the store today and I was a good girl and ate that instead. I hope I can ward off the pizza monster .....
I was down 2 lbs again this morning (my scale seems to work in 2's) But because I've been feeling so bloated and puffy today, I'll wait to officially report that loss....
On to day 8!
Old 07-31-2003, 11:39 PM   #112  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Thanks for reportin' in, Red Balloon! I will definitely start a new thread on Sunday (or late Saturday)!!!! Keep going with your challenge. You're doing great and PLEASE be kind to your body and feed it regularly. We only have one body, right?

Apple Blossom on the 2 pounds down!!!! It's hard to wait for that "official" day but whatever the scale show's, you KNOW you're on a downward trend.

I'm saying that to myself as well, I added a 50-cal low sugar mandarin orange serving, which still keeps me in the challenge, but I've been a bit high all week. My new diet software program tells me I need to have a few low days to lose a half a pound ... feeling stressed and heavy and may even gain, but I KNOW it will be temporary gain and I am on my way to SUCCesssSSSSS!!!

Later, gators!
Old 08-01-2003, 12:00 AM   #113  
Never give up

Yes, Amarantha, We really mustn't worry about the temporary setbacks if they happen. They aren't really setbacks after all. They're successes in disguise. Let's not them fool us!
Old 08-01-2003, 03:41 AM   #114  
Never give up

Well, I've already ridden the bike for the day. The easy 20-minute routine but I got it in. I work up more of a sweat than I do with the same time outside but think that may just be due to the wind factor. I'll have to put the heartrate monitor on when I'm outside and test the difference. It's a lot more interesting outside but you do have to remain alert to dodge traffic and people (and in central Tokyo there are lots of both!)

Right now I'm eating cherries and an orange. I realize, and thanks to Amarantha's warnings, that I probably haven't been eating enough. Unless I actually go out of my way to make something up there's not much I'm going to find without sugar in it. So, not eating sugar reallly, really automatically cuts out a LOT of food. It really is a good way to cut down on calories without counting them.

The only problem is if you start eating pancakes with gobs of butter on it or something or pig out on potato chips. But, since I'm a vegetarian perhaps I've never been big into fatty foods. Anyhow, I went out and bought fruit because it was still fairly easy and didn't need preparation.

So I'm heading through Day 11 pretty well. Hope all you out there are doing fine. Those who aren't posting, don't be shy. If you've blown it and don't feel like starting over, why not just pick another goal and start that.

Well, just had some time and wanted to check in 'cause I felt kind of lonely!

Last edited by redballoon; 08-01-2003 at 03:51 AM.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:30 AM   #115  
Empress/Queen

Red Balloon on your advancement to Day 11 and on adding the fruit to your diet!!!

Also echoing your words to those that aren't posting but who still may be interested but don't wanna do it all over again ... this 21-day thing is one of the most useful tools around and the sky's the limit as far as goals ... it's fun to try new things.

I'm thinking of what my new challenge will be ... I'll announce it on Sunday. I feel I've gotten some real control over the calories from doing this ... have never been able to go three weeks before and now it is a habit.

Avanti!!!
Old 08-01-2003, 08:34 AM   #116  
Never give up

Closing out a successful Day 11. Maybe I ate too much today but I met up with a friend for dinner. No sugar though and got even more bike riding in because I biked to and from the restaurant.

Yes, Amarantha, I'm thinking up a new challenge too. In fact, I think I'm going to stick to this one or make minor changes and join another thread for that. ButĘgoing through the 21 days is a great disciplinary measure. Well, OK, I'm not there yet, but I will be in about 10 days. Boy, that doesn't sound like much when you say it like that. Counting makes it seem like more.

To bed and dreams of Day 12 . . . not! (the dreams I mean!)
Old 08-01-2003, 11:13 AM   #117  

Default 15th day

Ok the 15th day. Its easier to exercise with someone...so my brother has been walking with me...he is great. We walk around the charles river and walk to baskin robins hoping to find my brothers favorite icecream, World class chocolate. They never have it so its rather funny that ask for it everyday. I love the summer...and reall loath the fall. So i have one more month to soak up the summer....

I am really thankful for the challenge! I say that every day. Its fun and its cool to read how other people are on there adventure...its really nice!

Sheryl
Old 08-01-2003, 04:56 PM   #118  
Empress/Queen

to Red Balloon for Day 11 and to Scoob for Day 15!!!

I'm grateful for the challenge, too, and intend to do a second one on the new thread!!! This has worked wonders for my diet!

I posted a book challenge thread up there too for extra behavior mod. Not everyone eats while they read, but I need to stop doing that, so am challenging myself and others to read a whole book without nibbling during the reading!!! It's just extra, if anyone wants to post there!

Avanti!!!
Old 08-01-2003, 07:38 PM   #119  
Empress/Queen

Guys! Since it is August 1, I'd like to just switch us to a second thread. My computer REALLY hates opening the longer threads, even though we can just open the last page. Also, can everyone just repost their own goals and days? I did promise to do this but find it's kind of unfeasible right now ... we've got a lot of longish posts here (p.s., I pledge to be briefer in future)!

So, could we end this one now and see you on the 21-Day Challenge #2 (or words to that effect) even though we are all still on 21-Day #1 ... well, you get the concept!!!
Closed Thread