Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-31-2014, 11:14 PM   #16  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

seagirl great link, enjoyed scrolling around the heights and weights. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-31-2014 at 11:15 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:38 PM   #17  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

HI there.

You and are the same height. I weight currently 166 pounds but at my most which was whatever it says on the thing in my profile, that is considered "obese" by doctors.

There is a healthy weight range for you height. google it. But i can tell you in kgs its between 68kilograms and 55kilograms. x2 to get it in pounds.

also a bmi of 25 down to about 22 i think is considered healthy. Work out your current BMI using an online calculator if you don't know how.

But i agree with you go for what seems good at this point. Any weight loss is going to improve your health and your comfort.

I would say that even at my maximum, which is where you think you want to be, i was physically uncomfortable with my size. I didn't have the flexibility i normally do when slimmer. And i hate my thighs rubbing together which they still do. Being slim is not only usually considered more attractive and healthier, its a lot more comfortable.

The question is, how do you plan to get there. Be sensible. Don't try to lose it all in a week. Don't be in a frantic hurry. Do it slowly and learn how to eat more healthy food in more healthy quantities. '

Tehre is a lot of junk nutrition and diet information on the internet. I would get a book on nutrition out of the library.

The only diet book i know that gives excellent nutritional advice is the CSRIO Total Wellbeing Diet but even i failed at that the first time because of a couple of factors.

1. I tried to follow their idea and meal plans too closely. They recommend a calorie intake that will see you lose 1kg per week on average over the long hall. But this means that in the beginning you will be a bit hungry. So i suggest not restricting as much as they recommend.

Rather figure out what your current calorie intake should be for you to maintain your current weight. Use an online calculator. This number is useful for you if you use calorie counting at any time.

On MFP you can factor in all your details and how much exercise you think you do daily and tell them how much you want to lose per week, (I chose half a pound which is not much to most people, 1 pound per week is also reasonable) and then it will tell you how many calories you can eat each day. But you have to count your calories to know whether you are over your limit or not.

Anyway back to the book. It doesn't use calorie counting but has a simpler method to measure how much you should eat or how much to restrict. But its always good to know the general calorie values of foods even if you don't count calories every day.

for instance i know that there's more calories in a tablespoon of peanut butter than a whole bowl of fresh fruit salad. I know there's more calories in a chicken breast than in a slice of wholegrain bread. I know there's more calories in bacon than in eggs and steak. I know there's more calories in a glass of fruit juice than in an orange. And i know that eating two oranges is more satisfying than a glass of fruit juice made with two oranges.

Anyway if you want to lose weight genuinely and keep it off for forever, you can't be in a big hurry, and you can't expect you'll never slip up and you can't expect to be able to exercise every day for the rest of your life. You also can't expect to continue eating the sorts of foods you currently do if you want to get and stay healthy.

So read common sense dietary advice and ignore all the faddists like ideal protein, atkins, juice diets, and so on. Look for one that teaches you how to cook healthy tasty meals and educates you properly about nutrition.

I'm a pescetarian, a fish eating vegetarian. you can see how much i eat if you read my blog in the vegetarian section. I losing weight pretty easily. Today i'm 73.8kg. in one month which is faster than i intended but i guess it will slow down after a bit. And i'im currently not doing any exercise. I would like to be doing it but i have other things to focus on right now.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote