Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #16  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Take what you learn, adjust, apply, assess/reassess, the data, until you find your sweet spot.
great advice shcirerf, hope I spelled your name right!

Everyone has to find what works for them, OldNewbie you've gotten some great suggestions, especially not being afraid to try something different if one of them doesn't work for you. If something works for 9 out of 10 people and you're that one, you'll need to do something different.

Wishing you the best, don't quit trying
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #17  
diamondgeog

I totally agree. Whatever works is best. I was unsuccessful for years, decades really because I thought cold turkey was impossible and beyond me. In reality what was impossible for me personally was to be successful with any approach but cold turkey for a few weeks.

But find what works for you. I would just advise to not assume like I did for decades that cold turkey is beyond your or anyone's capabilities.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:23 AM   #18  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

After seeing what you eat, I can safely say that we are viewing foods in a different light. I cut out sugars cold turkey. Though, by cutting out, I mostly mean remaining under 15-20g of sugars (based on labels). If yogurt is part of your daily plan, my suggestion can't really helped.

That said though, it does sound like you're more so watching your calorie intake more than carb/sugar intake, so even on a bad day, the foods you listed aren't exactly...bad. As long as your portion is right, I don't think anything is wrong with your plan at all!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:40 AM   #19  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

When I first started losing weight 8+ years ago, I went cold turkey. My usual dinner was either Dryer's ice cream or bread with cheese. I went from that to lots of vegetables, some fruits, whole grains, lean meat, etc, etc. Since then, I've found new bad habits every once in a while... I found things I needed to tweak and things aren't as drastic when I change because overall my eating is pretty good. I also became vegan along the way. The thing I have always struggled with is portion size so I work on that, work on focusing on eating a variety of foods and what not.

So from my nearly 370 lb self, I did go cold turkey but after 100 lbs of weight loss or so, the changes were minor because there wasn't a lot to change.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:09 AM   #20  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Just a thought another thing you could try is giving up one thing at a time, like no chips, then no chocolate, etc. I find telling myself I can have some later or tomorrow helps a lot with getting past a craving.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote