Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-22-2014, 04:05 AM   #31  

S/C/G: see ticker (in kg)

Height: 6' 3"

My initial goal weight was set at the weight which i last weighed in at at the start of high school (110kg), then i dropped it to overweight. The goal was mostly as just to have some sort of general loss to aim for and after i got to it I've been trying to figure what my new goal should be but i pretty much gave up and I'm just going for a body composition i like.
ShrinkingStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:02 AM   #32  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

This is a great question! I've talked to my family about my overall goal weight and EVERYONE told me that my number was too low. Personally, I don't believe striving for 125 at 5'4" is /too/ low. When it comes down to it, I've been 5'4" since about the 6th grade now (yes, I was an early bloomer !), but I haven't seen a weight of 125 since about 7th grade. Looking back at photos from then, I actually do love what I see! Granted, I thought 125-130 was fat on me back then - silly me! I guess I didn't realize my height difference compared to my barely 100 lb friends who were also barely 5 feet.

So my goal weight is mostly inspired by what I personally thought looked good on me, though I do admit I wouldn't mind 130...I just know I'd feel good rockin' goal at 125.

Last edited by Atarimae; 01-22-2014 at 07:02 AM.
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:23 AM   #33  
Began on 10/25/13

I agree, good question. I have PCOS and have not had a regular menstrual cycle for years, not since I weighed about 160 pounds. My husband and I really want to have a baby, but that can't happen easily if I'm not ovulating. Of course fertility drugs can (and will!) be used, but it's also just healthier to have a pregnancy when the woman is a lower weight than I am right now. I chose 150 as my goal weight because I'm hoping that if I weigh that much, my menstrual cycle will return and be normal again so we can conceive easily. In actuality, I hope to get down to 135 or so for increased health benefits, but I think a weight will be removed from my shoulders when I get down to 150.
HuggerBunny is offline   Reply With Quote