Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 07:03 PM   #1  

Default Hi Everyone!

Hi, all! I'm 23 y/o and from Massachusetts. I came here to give and receive support and to introduce myself. My name is Manda and currently at 173 lbs. (5'5") I am at the most biggest I have ever been with my weight. My goal weight is 130 lbs.

Backin 2001 I had alot of motivation and stuck to the gym, ate right for months and was amazed at the awesome results i got. But then I stopped; my ex fiance had dumped me, then I went on a Pasta bingeing spree for months, and now am paying the price.

I am mainly looking for motivation to get back into the swing of things. My eating habits are out of control, and I literally get no physical exercise as I have a 9 - 5 desk job all day For lunch today I had an italian sub, then for dinner I had two bowls of pasta - I'm addicted to carbs.

So, thanks in advance, and I look forward to actively participating in this community and meeting everyone!

Manda
Old 07-09-2003, 07:17 PM   #2  

Manda.....glad you could join us! Just find a thread you like & jump right in. There's a lot of choices. I go to about 4 of them myself!!

Good luck...hope to see you around.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:24 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

You both are cordially invited to join the July Jaded Ladies. We are a crazy (but fun) bunch!

Hope to see you there!
Jana
Old 07-09-2003, 09:09 PM   #4  

Hi Angel-Lover, thanks!

And thanks Jana for inviting me to join the 'July Jaded Ladies', whatever that is!

See you guys around!

- Manda
Old 07-10-2003, 02:30 PM   #5  

Manda: Eating carbs is NOT the enemy! Overindulging is! I know it is popular to be slamming on carbs, but there is nothing wrong with loving pasta, breads, etc. Since you love pasta try lower calorie kinds like veggie pastas or denser grained pasta which would be better for you. As far as sauces, go for lower fat or make your own. Learn to live either without the cheese or just a touch instead of doing what I used to covering the whole plate with cheese! Make a low fat vinagraitte and put over multi colored pasta for lunch. Even add a few black olives and some tomatoes. It is yummy and good for you! I know you are young and probably not big into cooking, but I can get you some simple recipes for sauces where you can freeze what you don't use into individual servings. Just pm me if you would like me to send you some. I eat a pretty good quantity of carbs but stay to a calorie and fat counting program and I still have lost 90 lbs since January. Just focus on whatever program works for you and stick to it. You have to have your mind ready to lose weight otherwise it won't work. If you don't feel ready let it go until you do. If you feel so inclined, check out the thread Time for Serious Fun. I started it for us to have a positive instead of negative outlook at losing weight!

YOU HAVE TO GET SOME EXERCISE! I know it is tough when you have worked all day to face exercising, but you won't be successful without it. You don't really have all that much to lose (I still have 170 lbs!) and if you get serious can pull it all back off safely by the first of the year! Find something you really like to do and spend at least 1/2 hour doing it everyday so that it becomes a routine just like going to work. Walk to work if it is convenient or better yet, walk for 1/2 your lunch hour. That way you don't have as much time to chow down AND you are getting exercise! You would be better off taking your lunch than eating out. You can control fat etc much better that way! I take my fat butt across the grass to the pool every morning rain or shine and do 45 minutes of water aerobics and if I can toss around 320 lbs, you can exercise too!

Faye
Closed Thread