Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 08:54 AM   #16  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Ladies!
Happy Wednesday! I hope all is well with all of you. I'm an doing - ok - nothing great, but I feel like I am finally coming out of my PMS funk. However I have slacked a little on exercise and food the past few days so the scale is not kind so far this week. I have two more days till my weigh-in and I absolutely hate weeks with a gain. I know, I know, I shouldn't focus so much on what the scale says, but I can't help it. Today will be a better day!!!

Thin - Good job on your Curves work out!!! I hope you continue going and enjoying it. The dining room finish I did is called "colorwashing". I did solid base coat in a shade of off-white and then for the 2nd coat I mixed a tan-ish color w/ 4 parts glaze - roll it on and then take a big bruch and make x shapes in the glaze. Then for the top coat I did the same thing with the dark green color that is below the chair rail. It's called "pea soup"

Mary - Way to go staying OP! Keep it up!

Amanda - You're being a good little exerciser - way to go!! I agree with the morning exercise. I have been trying to get in at least 30 min in the morning and evening, but I just can't always get my lazy butt out of bed. I love my sleep too much!

Terri - You too, my oh my there is some good exercising going on!!! Good Job!!!

Pam - I am with you --- the support here is wonderful! Even though we don't know each other face to face I don't know if I could do this without all of you!

Andria - I hope you got a better night's sleep last night! If I don't get good sleep nothing else goes right.

Barbara - Sounds like you have a crazy schedule right now. If you can't focus on the everything, take it one step at a time. In terms of measuring sucess, I do a few things. 1. Scale - I try to only weigh on Fridays, but sometimes jump on during the week. Just can't help myself. 2. Measure - I take my body measurements one a month and keep track of inches lost 3. Clothes - to me, the change in my clothes is a hugh motivation! I have one pair of cute little capris that I bought that didn't fit and the goal is to wear them on my vacation in October. So far they have gone from barely buttoning to nearly fitting comfortably. I may have them on before October! I am also trying to reward myself with non-food activities. I have been thinking that I'll get a massage with each 20 pounds loss.

I love all the dinner ideas. I usually have very little time to fix dinner. Sometimes I just grill a chicken breast w/ some veggies or on a salad. I like soup w/ a grilled cheese - made with 2% cheese, light wheat and "I can't believe it's not butter" spray. Sometimes an omelet with fruit. Basically dinner needs to be quick and easy for me.

Connie - Good job taking the small steps right now. You have to ease yourself back into the exercise. Before you know it you'll be doing a mile or more with no problem.

2cute - get some rest! I am glad to hear you are not going to be driving today after staying up all night.

Tina - {{{HUGS}}}} I wish I could say something profound to help you, but I know you need some time to figure things out for yourself. Remember you are #1 and you need to take care of yourself so that you can take care of your hubby and children. They need you. We all need you. When ever you are ready, we will all be here rooting you on!!!

Well, I have to get started on some work. I know I missed some of you, but this thread has been busy the past couple days and I can't keep up with everything. I'll check back in periodically to see what's going on!

Have a GREAT day!!!
Barb
Old 07-09-2003, 09:08 AM   #17  

Talking Hello too cute!! what is your name?, sorry!

2 cute,

hi...what is your name, I am sure you are the "cutest"!
Sorry, I am just learning about all of you.

hope to learn more about each of you in the coming days
Old 07-09-2003, 09:35 AM   #18  

Good morning ladies. There is a lot of tough stuff going on in the thread today.

Tina,
Hang in there are ride this out. None of us are perfect, searching for perfection is a mistake. It's OK to have a bad time and need a break. I think it's fantastic that you said you'll never give up. That's the key to it all. The other part is that you have a wonderful support group, we are here for you when you are ready!

2cute,
Thanks for explaining the posting policy in detail. I was just curious about why we kept switching. Wanted to make sure you all weren't trying to hide from me.

Pheonix,
I loved your story. It is great advise, made me feel all warm and fuzzy this morning.

So today is weigh-in day? I've been weighing myself every day so far. I know I shouldn't be doing that but oh well. So today my weight seems to be 220, a pound down from Friday which is great. I'm hoping that another pound melts off before my official weigh-in day on Friday. I'm just very anxious to get to that first 10 pounds. I am beginning to see a difference, my clothes are fitting looser. I can actually breath after lunch. I also have a ton more energy. I think that's the best part!

You have all been a tremendous help for me. I find myself getting giddy when I see there is a new post. I'm also happy that it's so frequent. A lot of the other threads are few and far between with the posts. That is so annoying. No wonder this is such a popular thread.

Happy pounds away today!
Old 07-09-2003, 10:54 AM   #19  

Good morning, Dahlinks

No loss weightwise this week, but a pleasant surprise came when I found another inch dropped away from my hips of all places ! (hey, no complaints there)

Moron Neighbors across the alleyway decided they were going to use their weed eater and lawn mower at 7:30 this morning, so, yes, I was up as a result. Just as well, because state inspectors were coming to see the apartments today to make sure they are up to code, and I wanted to be dressed anyway in the event mine was chosen at random. Otherwise, I may have asked you all to take up a collection for bail money....

Tina: {{{{HUGSSSSSSSS}}}} My poor sweetie pie. You are in my prayers. You can do this and we are all here for you. My own wake up call came when I watched my own mother develop maturity-onset diabetes in her early 50s, end up in a wheelchair in her late 50s from arthritis, suffer congestive heart failure in 1991 (she survived), and die of cervical cancer in 1994 at the age of 68. I was diagnosed with idiopathic cardiomyopathy in 1997 at the age of 35 after years of tiredness and fainting spells because a cardiologist cared enough to admit me to the hospital and run some tests. Of course, I didn't follow their their warnings for very long.

It wasn't until March of this year I realized I wasn't in my 20s anymore and if I didn't want to end up like my mother and have my life cut short as hers was, I needed to do something. And now, here I am. Both my PCP and cardiologist are pleased with my progress; in fact, the cardiologist tells me my heart is stronger at 41 than it was at 37! Go figure!!! My new goal now is to break 300 before I see the weight loss surgeon on August 18.

Natalie: I looked at your picture on your avatar and kept thinking "She reminds me of someone." And then it came to me. You remind me of a young Loretta Lynn, the country singer!

Joanne: "Weigh" to go on that weigh in, lady!

And a happy dandy day to anyone I have missed!
Old 07-09-2003, 10:56 AM   #20  

Default thought I posted where did it go?? to never never land?

Hi Ladies,

At the risk of sounding redundant.... I wrote a post and who knows where it went...so...what I wanted to say is...I did the WATP tape, 2nd day. Walked 3/4 of mile more than yesterday before my first little break (water and catching my breath), then I did a little more, and then the cool down. Feeling good

Doing good food wise today too...hope you all have a good one!

sw 356 June 5th
cw 346 July 8th
first goal - 50 lbs
final goal - 130ish
height 5'2 1/2"
Old 07-09-2003, 01:11 PM   #21  
a work in progress...

Pam, Sometimes the posts are eaten by mysterious forces, BUT... isn't that your post, about 6 posts back???

I am passing on Weigh-in Wednesday...welllll...the weigh in, not the Wednesday.....due to the TOM that FINALLY arrived yesterday. Geez, I think I just exerienced the longest PMS ever...
Old 07-09-2003, 01:33 PM   #22  
BELIEVE!

Good Afternoon Gals!
Hey, has anyone seen my motivation? I seem to have lost it. Not sure what is up with me this week - maybe it was the extra long weekend I had. Not just eating and exercise - that hasn't been too bad, but have no desire to do my work or clean my house. What's up with that??? Heat? Summer? Lazy? All of the above. Well, I'll get it together. Jeff and I are going to Atlantic City the weekend after next, so I have that to look forward to, but plenty to get done before then.

I just had grill chix and carrots for lunch and now I am munching on a mini-bag of microwave popcorn. It seems to be hitting the spot.

Lori - Sorry to hear about the rude-awakening you got this morning! CONGRATS on the 1 inch loss!!!

Pam - Good job on the WATP tapes!! Keep it up!

Kat - You've got every right to skip the weigh-in Wed. TOM sure does cause all kinds of problems w/ our bodies. Sounds like many of us have been suffering this week. Hopefully that means we'll all be at our best next week!

Alright, here I go again....I AM GOING TO GET SOMETHING ACCOMPLISHED!

See everyone later!
Barb
Old 07-09-2003, 01:57 PM   #23  

First of all I want to apologize for being awhol, for so long, I no me bad. I've been reading faithfully, but just didn't feel like posting, kind of in a funk, just like my diet.

And then I received I very special card from someone who is so kind and considerate (Thin ) and even though I don't live in the states and celebrate 4th of July, she didn't want to leave me out. It really made me stop and think. That I really love you gals and I don't want to miss out on being apart of your life's, if I don't post I'll slowly slip away, and won't be remembered any more, and I want to be part of this group and don't want to lose my connection or friendships I have made with alot of you, and hope to do the same with the newbies.

So to all those who don't know me, I'm 27yrs old, have a 5yr old son, and a fiance of 7yrs. Live in Alberta, CA, work full time, and have alot of weight to lose. Being here at 3FC since Feb 2002.

Food hasn't been good, I try, start out good in the morning and by supper time it's gone down hill, I just love good food, I can go with out chips and chocolate bars, but put a good home made meal in front of me, I go hog wild I'm addicted to food I can't get enough, and then when I finally get enough I feel sick and beat myself up about being such a pig. Why do I have to be cursed with the love of food ( I guess were all cursed ). But luckily the scale has only fluctuated between 1-2 lbs, so I must be doing something right.

I got my hair cut last week, very cute short haircut, gotten alot of complements, DF loves it. I love it makes me feel good. Just need to start loving this body, so I can look good all around.

We've been doing alot of fishing and camping, I'm actually enjoying the sun this summer so far I've been sitting out and getting a tan, even ventured into wearing capri's, which is a big step for me. I hate showing any part of my legs of upper arms, their huge. But I just don't care anymore, I'm taking comfort over looks this summer.

I got offered a new position at work, I don't know if it will be more money yet, but hopefully, It would be doing more of the administrative, and accounting and cost tracking, which is good experience and will look good on my resume, considering this is oilfield country and alot of oilfield company's to choose from.

I'm in the process of buying a new vehichle, it will be my first new vehichle, so have being racking my brain with questions and making phone calls to different company's to see where I can get the best deal. Hopefully next week I'll be driving a new vehichle, and enjoying my decision.

Well I guess I should go, I won't have anything to talk about for another post if I keep on rambling on here.
I'm not very good at individual replys, but I'll try to work on that in the future.

Glad to be back,

P.S. Tina hang on, were here for you and don't feel bad about not having anything insperational to post, just love seeing you post's.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:29 PM   #24  

Oh, I am so bored. I need to get a better job, I feel like there is nothing else I can learn in this position. It's been a year. I need a change. Well I'll just chat to you ladies.

Breakfast and lunch went very well. I'm feeling a little heavy on the carbs because I had a bagel for breakfast. I'll have to watch it at dinner. So far I'm at about 900 calories for the day. I am seriouly considering taking a trip to the dreaded vending machine. It's that chocolate monster at my back again. I'm not sure why I keep craving sweets. Last night I would have done anything for a hot fudge sundae. Well, apparently not because I could have drove up the street to DQ and had one. Thank goodness for laziness.

loranden,
Never heard of Loretta Lynn. Funny, I'm hoping that was a good thing. Most people say I look like Karen from Will and Grace. A fatter one of course...
Old 07-09-2003, 02:41 PM   #25  

Talking Happy Hump Day

Hi ladies - it's hotter than the here today; but I'm sure it'll get hotter before the summer is out.

Okay to replies ------

Sandy - I've done same thing; I really hate it when the networks change the schedule UNANNOUNCED. But you did have a nice chat with Amanda.

Terri - you are sooooo right; it takes EFFORT to get this weight off.

Mary - OP three days; way to go

Pam - I'll take the heat over the cold and ice any day!!! I've lived here all my life too.

2cute - Thanks for your nice comment!! Someday I hope to be too sexy

justme - Are you Natalie?? I enjoy the feeling of my clothes fitting looser and having more energy too. I never gave myself a chance to get to this point. It really encourages me.

duckie - nice to meet you; I'm new here.

tina - I hope you are feeling better - please hurry back.

Lori - I cant help but notice that Brian looks a lot like the guy that plays Zander on "General Hospital". I work nights and I hate it when somebody wakes me up early.

Joe Anne - I left you a post on the diabetes thread.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:36 PM   #26  

Default Re: Happy Hump Day

Quote:
Originally posted by dixiedarlin

Lori - I cant help but notice that Brian looks a lot like the guy that plays Zander on "General Hospital".
ROFL! You'd be surprised how many people he's gotten told who he looks like, from Zander on GH to Spanky on WWE wrestling to the late Kurt Cobain of the band Nirvana to the movie actor Leonardo DiCaprio (spelling?) I think the guy may have missed his calling....

Anyway, the state inspectors have come and gone and out of 13 units, they chose two at random, and mine wasn't one of them (of course not, I was awake and decent ). I did have an adventerous afternoon when Tigger decided to drag in a dead bird and proceed to begin chewing it to pieces before I managed to get it off of him and toss it away in the dumpster. Just what I need in my house. Bird guts.... YUCK! The joys of cat parenthood. Needless to say, he got over giving me the evil eye once the can opener beckoned him and Noah.

Mother Nature got revenge on Moron Neighbors...it rained this afternoon....

Last edited by loranden; 07-09-2003 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:48 PM   #27  
Dancing those pounds away

Just peeking in before I walk out the door. Duckie... so good to see you again. I feel just like you... I want to be a part of this cozy little "hen pen" too. LOL And I am really GLAD that you do too.

Lori... my lovely little cat drug home mice and snakes !!!
We had a cat door for her to come and go as she pleased... and we had a house full of company one night... and she drug in a LIVE MOUSE !!! You never saw so many running and screaming girls. It is a longggg hilarious story... but I need to act it out to get full appreciation of it all.

Okay... gotta run.
Wish I could reply to all... but the carpet and paint stores awaits me.

Ooppss .. Connie... when I reach my goal I am renaming myself... ONE HOT MOMMA !!! so you will be free to use 2sexy.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 07-09-2003 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:41 PM   #28  
You and Me in 2003

Bringing us to the top. Be back later
Old 07-09-2003, 10:03 PM   #29  

Height: 5'7"

Talking Just Bringing us Up to the top!!!

I don't really have much to post right now. Chat has been fun tonight. I'm going to repost my carrot cake recipe for those that missed it.

LowFat Carrot Cake 12 Servings

1 C. Applesauce
¾ C. Granulated sugar + ¾ C. Brown sugar (Or 1 ½ C. Brown sugar)
1 ½ C. Water
4 C. Unbleached flour
2 tsp. Baking powder
2 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Salt
1 ½ tsp. Cinnamon
½ tsp. Allspice
3 C. Grated raw carrots
¾ C. Raisins
Optional: 1 C. Chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9”x 13” pan with cooking spray and lightly flour. Blend applesauce and sugar, add water and beat. Sift the flour with remaining ingredients except for carrots, raisins, and nuts. (I don’t usually sift these together, but it does make a finer texture.) Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix. Add carrots, raisins and nuts (optional) and mix well. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

W/O Nuts-315 cals 1 gr. fat 73 carb 6 protein
W/ Nuts-380 cals 7 gr. fat 74 carb 7 protein

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing

1 T. Fat Free Milk
2 oz. Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
1 3/4 c. powdered sugar
1/2 T. Vanilla
1/2 T. Cinnamon

Beat together ingredients with a mixer until smooth. Ices one 9x13 cake. 1/12th has 80 cals and 1.5 gr fat

If you wanted some nuts you could reduce the "cost" of them by putting some chopped nuts on top instead of in the cake. I made this yesterday and I didn't have any applesauce so I made pear sauce with some canned pears, added a little extra water, (since I didn't have quite 1 c. of pear sauce.) and it turned out just fine. You probably need to watch the cake the first time you make it since baking in the mountains is different than anywhere else.

Last edited by PheonixRising; 07-09-2003 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:38 PM   #30  
Dancing those pounds away

STOP !!! Do Not Post Here !!
Come follow us to the next thread ..... #366
Closed Thread