How I Lost 4 Pounds

• No, not like what I ate and stuff. But how the weight came off, what it looked like on the scale.

I woke up today and weighed myself. 184.8! Woot!
    I looked back to December 8th to see what I was : 188.4.

Nice downward trend right? A pound a week about, just like they say.

Then I looked at the last 5 Fridays:
    186 -
    187.2 +
    186.2 -
    184.8 -
    A little less smooth sailing.

Then I looked at my daily weights...
    They went something like this
    187 -
    186.8 -
    188 +
    187.4 -
    186 -
    186 (same)
    188 +
    187 -
    187 (same)
    187 for days and days..
    186.8 -
    186 -
    186 then there for a few days
    185.6 -
    186 +
    185 -
    184.8 -

So many ups and downs! So many chances to think "this isn't working!" but I just kept doing what I had planned to do, knowing it would get me where I wanted, slowly but surely.

Just some thoughts for when the scale is less than cooperative.
  • Great job seagirl that's great you can look back and see those day to day fluctuations, maybe even a pattern, and the overall downward trend, that is so important for long term success!

I weigh myself everyday, but only compare week to week, I also look at from the first to the last day of the month just for another comparison. As long as I keep it healthy and don't get too wrapped up in it.

• Such great advice for anyone who panics when the scale bounces around! And I imagine there is alot of panicking in January as people try new programs to lose weight!

And CONGRATS on the loss!
  • Lots of ups and downs here too, for sure. I put my daily weights on a graph with a trendline (geeky, I know) and it helps so much on those out-of-nowhere up days to look at the graph and see the overall downward trend.
  • fadedbluejeans you're not alone as a graphing geek...
  • Great job, Seagirl! So much of losing weight is just battling the tendency to get discouraged over the daily ins and outs. It's why my scale is actually put away right now, and I'm just focusing on my plan and not weighing in. Sometimes it can be less helpful than not!