Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 04:52 PM   #76  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi guys and gals!

doing well...loving new touch laptop and LOVING this So Cal weather! It's 75 and sunny right now I feel bad for all you that are somewhere freezing - but this is warm even for me in January. We are looking at 73 degree weather all week in to the weekend so far - which is good because I start school tomorrow night.

I made zoodles last night! LOL I spiralized zucchini with my new spiralizer...here's a pic:

I sauteed them in coconut oil and served ground turkey in alfredo sauce over them...yum!

ok today:
B - raw fit in almond milk
L - bbq chicken breast and sweet potato fries (leftover from Saturday's lunch0
S - salad w/energy mix and vinaigrette, an apple
D - leftover ground turkey and alfredo sauce served over ZOODLES!!! I'll shred a sweet potato with my spiralizer, too, or red potatoes...ends up being like hash browns when sauteed.

gym tonight...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zoodles.jpg (25.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 01-06-2014, 05:02 PM   #77  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

*Newsflash* I have decided to cut my alcohol consumption in half to see if it has an impact on my weightloss.

Big one for me this as it was always a red line for my diet. To have given up beer would have broken my diet long ago.

But I need to see once and for all if beer is now stalling me out and whether, by implication, all the calorie counters are right.

If the weight drops in a week or two, the beer gets the chop.

Watch this space.

Last edited by IanG; 01-06-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:59 PM   #78  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

im not as tired as i expected i would be for jumping right back into work today....i went to bed just after 9 p.m. and didn't fall asleep til closer to 10 p.m...i woke up at midnight when DH came to bed...i woke up at 2 a.m. when little niece came to sleep in our room and i woke up at 5:30 a.m. and didn't sleep after that, just dozed off n on...

i had a hard weight workout today and it felt almost back to normal....i've been busy since 6 a.m. and really wont be done until little niece goes to sleep by 9 p.m.....i get home around 6:20 p.m. and then cook dinner, get stuff done at home, and settle niece to bed around 8 p.m. and then actually PUT her to sleep at 8:30 p.m. and after much routine fussing for her mom (who isn't ever home at night) she will be asleep by 9 p.m.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #79  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Stuck to the plan today, ended up with a meatless Monday kind of by accident, almost had fish steaks on the salad but we had so much veg left them off. TOM showed up today (sorry for the TMI guys ) sometimes it affects my weight sometimes not. Managed to get in a good walk at work and my exercises. I decided to stay home tomorrow, I'll be dreaming of SoCal tonight, lol, we're only going to have the one bad day tomorrow, I feel so bad for the people in the northern Midwest, brutal.

Larry great job planning, I do so much better when I look before I go. I get annoyed at myself when I eat first and then look up, never works out the way I think it's going to...

Ian! wow, bold move! I'll be interested to see how beer makes out, I remember poor hummus...lol.

mamakat welcome back, sounds like you're in a good frame of mind to get back to your healthy habits. Best of luck with all your tests, wishing you well.

Diana

Syckgirlsfv your zoodles look awesome, do you cook them? I read a little after you posted about the spiralizer, some people said they eat them as part of a raw diet, some said they warm them, oops, I just remembered you said you sautéed them! what a memory I have

Best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-06-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #80  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Another TMI here! TTOM ended on Jan 1 and it decided to show up today. Not sure what's going on with that, but that happened last month, too. It lasted only 1 or 2 days My thyroid has an effect on my TTOM. The Dr. increased my meds last month so maybe that's what's going on. Also, my last TTOM was a little shorter than it had been. Maybe the extra meds will help to shorten it and regulate things better. Who knows. Probably just another change I have to deal with.

Psychic UGH! On the sodium. Were you able to make it to the gym?

Novangel I hope it warms up where you are. We are suppose to have a wind chill of 0 in the morning. I can't do -50!

Ian Do you think you can estimate the calories in your regular beer and then find one that you will enjoy that's lower in calories? Maybe one glass of wine? Everyone is different, but I personally feel alcohol affects my metabolism. This may not be true for you, though. I admit that it impairs my judgement with food, but it seems like everything really slows down for a while. Not sure why it does that for me.

Mamakat I thought about you a lot during the holidays. I am so glad you checked back in. I hope they can eliminate the MD and you don't have that. LOL on the 8 vials of blood. You can just say that you had an appointment with the vampires. I'm glad you are getting back on track. I know you will feel better. I had a gain during the holidays, so I've got work to do, too.

Larry Good job on the 2 pounds! Yes, sometimes that's all we can do. The birthday party was for a really good friend who has been very sick this past year. I didn't want to draw attention to me at the restaurant. I just managed the best I could.

Syckgirlsfv Love the look of the zoodles. Do you have a link for the spiralizer you have? A local kitchen gadget store was advertising a hand held model that looked good. I haven't had a chance to go check it out.

Alaskanlaughter Any news from the police about the phone calls?
Old 01-06-2014, 09:36 PM   #81  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1380 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner 600 Calories
Baked chicken 300 calories
spinach 100 calories
turnip greens 100 calories
cabbage 100 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Lower Body Minimizer Premix w/#10's
LM Pump Combat w/#1's
Old 01-06-2014, 10:43 PM   #82  
California licensed CPA!

Diana it's this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just did red potatoes and fried them in coconut oil plus a little Pam, and they were so good! I am having too much fun with this thing...I will find everything that I can possibly spiralize!!!

So dinner was the leftover ground turkey in alfredo served over the zoodles...and a few bites of the red potatoes I made for DH. My stomach is terribly bloated and I don't know why it should be. I didn't eat anything junky at ll today! GRRRR
I'm getting tired of this. :tant rum:
Old 01-06-2014, 11:08 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 188/165/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone!

I'm posting this so late! I hope you've all had an on-plan day!

MamaKat, Larry, Diana, and Alaskanlaughter: I remember all of you, and you're all looking fantastic! Good to see you all again!

I had an okay day today - I did an indoor bike workout before work today, and I stayed close to the calorie limit I set for myself. I'm just getting back into good habits again, and I'm still working on building up motivation.

I've found something that helps me get through the evening cravings - ginger tea! I brew some ginger in water, add a little lemon juice and artificial sweetener and - tada - a warm and tasty evening treat for almost no calories.

I really, really hope the scale will go down, even a teensy bit, in the morning.

See you all soon!
Old 01-07-2014, 12:01 AM   #84  
Warrior Princess

I got beat up by Jillian and now I'm going to sleep before I get super hungry. Back to work tomorrow....I hope my car starts after sitting in the parking lot all day. School is still closed.

All this sitting around the past few days pre-Tom didn't help boredom snacking. I demolished a great deal of chex mix. Oh well!

Goodnight!
Old 01-07-2014, 12:05 AM   #85  
Warrior Princess

Ian, I'm betting the beer is causing a stall. I always had a problem with it as well as a lot of other people.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:19 AM   #86  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Kelijpa Good job getting your walk and exercise in. I know it's terribly cold. Are you off from work today? If so, enjoy your day.

Calories for yesterday: 1380 +
Weigh In: 167.6 (TTOM)
Down: .6

Have a great day!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:10 AM   #87  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

I am home Diana glad I chose to take the day off, -6 according to the thermometer on the deck, w/TOM good day to just hang out in the house.

Down 0.4 to 159 happy about that, motivates me to stay OP today.

Plan
B - cream of wheat, banana
L - spring mix, Italian, avocado
S- plum, Kerrigan chai latte
D- Frozen cod, Normandy mixed veg, homemade tartar sauce
E- recumbent bike

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-07-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #88  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday's Calories: 1619
Today's Weight: 176.2 (better than yesterday)

B - Slimfast Shake
S - Yogurt Covered Pretzels
L - Venison + Twice Baked Broccoli & Cheese Potato
S - Oh Henry Bar
D - Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup + French Bread
S - Tortilla Chips + Homemade Ranch Dip

Carbs. My problem is definitely carbs. And its not even sweets or pasta. I'm a sucker for potatoes and gourmet breads. Its something I need to work on, but I don't know where to start. If I don't eat enough carbs, I get light-headed and shaky (possible pre-diabetes).
Old 01-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #89  
California licensed CPA!

TMI warning...TMI warning!!!

Damn TOM finally arrived...12 days late! There were 40 days in between...WTH??? to top it off it HURTS...that is very unusual. And no word from the doctor's office at all regarding the ultrasounds. Shouldn't they have the report already? ARGH! And school starts tonight. And I have cramps. And it sucks.

Moving on...the menu:
B - Raw Fit / almond milk
L - Salad w/romaine, ham, energy mix, avocado, vinaigrette
S - I failed to bring one.
D - not sure - need to whip up something fast when I get home so that I can leave for school by around 5:15, since it's the first night back it will be crazy crowded and I want to find parking with no hassles...AND I have to find my class!

Wish me luck with today...it's already a challenge!
Old 01-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #90  
Trying to live below 200

Syckgirlsfv That spiralizer looks like a good one. I hope you start feeling better quickly. My TTOM's have always been horrible. Can you call the Dr. to get an update on what they found?

roadbikerchick Good job getting back into the swing of things. Sometimes it takes a while. Keep with it and it will all come together for you.

Novangel How is your day going? Did your car start and get you to work?

Kelijpa UGH! on the -6! I hope you enjoyed your day off and stayed nice and toasty.

Psychic Maybe you can swap out some of the simple sugars/carbs for more complex versions. Make the change a little at a time so you don't miss anything or feel deprived.
Closed Thread