Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #121  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Jentelsving for rooting for me I sure hope I can get even close to 160 by then. Congrats on your weight loss, you are doing great I can't wait to get close to the 150's. I agree ---> I don't know if that's just me being tired combined with an overactive imagination and a healthy dose of wishful thinking or what, but it floats my boat

TrayTeam hope your run paid off You are so close to the 150's ... I want to be like you

hhm way to go on going to bed verses eating and the energy in this thread is great, we are quite supportive of one another and it does make a great difference when everyone is positive and not critiquing all that is done ... thank you all for your support It's funny when I wake up feeling lighter the scale never rewards me but my glucose meter does Some mornings my stomach even looks better also but again not on the scale.

Arwen has your weight been the same for two months or has it fluctuated? Which plan are you following? Hope you get out of here soon Just noticing your join date. on your weight loss do far Keep up the good work How long has it taken you to lose the weight you've loss?

well I am up 1.4 to 166.8 ... I ate fries with ketchup and cake batter and a few chips yesterday so I expected it. I still haven't added all of it to MFP yet. Today I am trying the military 3 day diet. I saw it on MFP and figured why not. I've tried every other thing I've seen that I can afford. It has some weird combinations which a lot of people complained about but again that's what makes us all different. It's only 3 days and what didn't work for some may work for others. I had my first slice of bread in about 10 weeks and surprisingly I didn't want another slice. I ate a slice of toast 1/2 cup grapefruit and 2 tbsp of pb and a cup of tea and I am fine. Lunch is supposed to be 1/2 cup tuna, slice of toast, tea. Dinner 3 ozs of ham, 1 cup green beans1/2 banana, 1 apple, 1 cup vanilla ice cream.
I'll let you know how I do ... that's if I don't end up eating extras I should do fine in the a.m.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Thanks love2b150!!!

It was soo hard to sleep like that, I woke up with a headache too =(

I'm so sad that I'm sick again, twice this month already. I don't think I can work out. Have you guys noticed patterns in your weight loss? I feel like some weeks I stay 175 and then randomly drop to 170, but I'M SO IMPATIENT this time!! I have to wear a saree for a wedding (it shows so much skin) so as long as I go down in inches, I'll be ok, but I hope it translates on the scale too!! I've been eating very clean too. ay.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:11 PM   #123  
~Rennie

hhm, sorry you aren't feeling well Where are you? Is it the weather thats constantly changing or a bug? It's been freezing here today it's just above freezing and tomorrow it's supposed to be 67, Sunday 69 and Monday in the 70's. I haven't noticed any type of pattern only because I never follow anything long enough to get into a routine. Except in January when I did the consecration with my church. I think you posted a picture of the saree you are wearing (I think it's nice) I would love to just try one on. If I lose a few pounds of water weight doing this you can always give this a shot, can't hurt
Old 03-07-2014, 05:06 PM   #124  

Love2b150, I'm in California, so I have no reason to complain about weather lol! I think it's just a bug going around right now =(

What diet are you on now? I've been drinking water like crazy, and it helps curb cravings sometimes, but I keep running to the bathroom!! I don't know how people drink so much water on a regular basis lol, unless our bodies get used to it?

Haha sarees are really pretty, but omg they're a nightmare to put on and take off!! I just see old photos of me in a saree and I cringe because of all my lumps and bumps everywhere. I swear my stomach feels flatter today, I was so expecting to see 168, guess it'll come later!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:10 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 305/154.6/???

Height: 5ft 3

Just a quick report before I'm off to bed:

I am having a big, moist chocolate cake right now. You know the kind I'm talking about. That slice of heaven on a plate. The kind they serve in cafés in Vienna and Paris. One slice? Tosh!, I say. Make that two or three!
And what's a good chocolate cake without a steaming cup of hot chocolate to go with it? Nothing. So I am having that too!
And I'm not having any regrets whatsoever. Ha! And I won't gain a single ounce on it, ha ha!
You know why?
Because I'm having all of that in the form of scented candles. Chocolate cake scented candles and hot chocolate scented candles

Seriously, though, I had some massive chocolate cravings this evening - and weirdly enough, the candles really do seem to help. So I'm sitting here, drinking my cup of white tea like the good girl that I am, and let the candles take care of the cravings
Is there really something to it, or am I just weird?

Apart from that bizarre discovery... nothing new. Not down, not up. So I guess that's good news, hm? At least not bad news

Hey Rennie, let's just say we ALL make it to the 150's thread for your birthday - can we have a cyber birthday party then? Over there?
I'll bring the cake-candles

hhm - Feel better soon!

Last edited by JenteIsving; 03-07-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:43 PM   #126  
~Rennie

hhm,I hope you feel better soon, try increasing your vitamin C. I use to work at a day care so I take a vitamin C supplement daily out of habit. Plus I have 4 children that are still in school (two of them always have colds) and it takes me forever to get rid of a cold, sucks. It takes a while but your body does eventually get use to the water Today, tomorrow and Sunday I am following the Military 3 day diet. I saw it on MFP and decided why not. Dinner was much more food than I am use to eating so that took a while to eat. After that it says to go back to a 1500 calorie diet for 4 days. I don't eat that much normally so I'll have to look up some meal plans. I hear you on the lumps and bumps ... I call them rolls which I truly hope get smaller. I NEED new bras and the ones I tried on had so much fat hanging in the back it looked horrible. I just need to wait until I get some money and go to VS and buy good bras.

Jentesving, I was wondering why you were going to bed so early but you are in Germany. My sister in law use to live in Germany I remember her postings on FB now I'm gonna have to try that with the candles. I wonder if it will just make my greedy behind more hungry That would be a great birthday party ... we wouldn't gain an ounce But your cake made me think of this big slab of cake that you can get at Harris Teeter it is heavenly I have an NSV ... my son made cupcakes yesterday and I got the bowl afterwards (yes I'm a big kid) but I have not had one cupcake, isn't that great Rest well my friend

150's HERE WE COME
Old 03-07-2014, 07:47 PM   #127  

Height: 5'4"

Thanks love2b150! I am at 160.8 today, but I feel great, so I just have to focus on that. Another run in the morning for me! A lot of people recently have commented on how great and healthy I look, so I think that's what keeps me going through this stall.

Good luck on the military 3 day diet!

May the 150s arrive for us all soon.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #128  
~Rennie

TrayTeam, that's a pound down right I'm so happy for you Good job on your runs, keep up the great work
Old 03-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenteIsving View Post
Just a quick report before I'm off to bed:

I am having a big, moist chocolate cake right now. You know the kind I'm talking about. That slice of heaven on a plate. The kind they serve in cafés in Vienna and Paris. One slice? Tosh!, I say. Make that two or three!
And what's a good chocolate cake without a steaming cup of hot chocolate to go with it? Nothing. So I am having that too!
And I'm not having any regrets whatsoever. Ha! And I won't gain a single ounce on it, ha ha!
You know why?
Because I'm having all of that in the form of scented candles. Chocolate cake scented candles and hot chocolate scented candles

Seriously, though, I had some massive chocolate cravings this evening - and weirdly enough, the candles really do seem to help. So I'm sitting here, drinking my cup of white tea like the good girl that I am, and let the candles take care of the cravings
Is there really something to it, or am I just weird?

Apart from that bizarre discovery... nothing new. Not down, not up. So I guess that's good news, hm? At least not bad news

Hey Rennie, let's just say we ALL make it to the 150's thread for your birthday - can we have a cyber birthday party then? Over there?
I'll bring the cake-candles

hhm - Feel better soon!
Thank you!! I love the beginning of your post haha! I totally thought you were indulging in cake! (Chocolate + cake =my ultimate weakness!!!) I haven't had any in awhile though

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
hhm,I hope you feel better soon, try increasing your vitamin C. I use to work at a day care so I take a vitamin C supplement daily out of habit. Plus I have 4 children that are still in school (two of them always have colds) and it takes me forever to get rid of a cold, sucks. It takes a while but your body does eventually get use to the water Today, tomorrow and Sunday I am following the Military 3 day diet. I saw it on MFP and decided why not. Dinner was much more food than I am use to eating so that took a while to eat. After that it says to go back to a 1500 calorie diet for 4 days. I don't eat that much normally so I'll have to look up some meal plans. I hear you on the lumps and bumps ... I call them rolls which I truly hope get smaller. I NEED new bras and the ones I tried on had so much fat hanging in the back it looked horrible. I just need to wait until I get some money and go to VS and buy good bras.

Jentesving, I was wondering why you were going to bed so early but you are in Germany. My sister in law use to live in Germany I remember her postings on FB now I'm gonna have to try that with the candles. I wonder if it will just make my greedy behind more hungry That would be a great birthday party ... we wouldn't gain an ounce But your cake made me think of this big slab of cake that you can get at Harris Teeter it is heavenly I have an NSV ... my son made cupcakes yesterday and I got the bowl afterwards (yes I'm a big kid) but I have not had one cupcake, isn't that great Rest well my friend

150's HERE WE COME
So funny, my mom just told me to take some vitamin c too!! I hope it goes away soon, I hate not being able to work out, I always feels like a slip. I'm going to have to check up on this Military diet! I'm actually eating 1200 right now purely out of veggies/protein/fruits, and I feel great so far, just hope I can keep up with it. There's always a point where I get bored of everything I eat!

Omg yes I need new bras too. I can't seem to fit well in anything at VS, and they're so darn expensive!! I did find some Maidenform at Ross the other day and I stupidly didn't buy them!! I also would like new clothes but I haven't gone down a size yet, I can still fit into my 200lbs clothes, ughh I bet it's because I'm short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrayTeam View Post
Thanks love2b150! I am at 160.8 today, but I feel great, so I just have to focus on that. Another run in the morning for me! A lot of people recently have commented on how great and healthy I look, so I think that's what keeps me going through this stall.

Good luck on the military 3 day diet!

May the 150s arrive for us all soon.
Wooot!! You're so so close!!! TrayTeam-so since you're a runner! How do run? I mean do you try to get in 2 miles, or 200 calories, or 1 hour? I do this run/walk combo for 1 hr, but people always tell me I should go by mileage (like aim to reach 3 miles/day) does it matter at all?

I hope we all get to the 150s soon!!
Old 03-07-2014, 09:33 PM   #130  
~Rennie

hhm yes she had me also on the cake and chocolate candle I get bored with my foods also ... and funny that I never want what I have so this military diet with it's crazy combinations makes me happy for now Are you on MFP? I can add you to see my menu's which rarely reach my calorie limit but if I'm not hungry I'm not going to eat. So I'll do IE along with everything else I do I couldn't find any at Ross or Marshall's that didn't have the back fat hanging, ewww When I get on the treadmill that's my goal is 4 miles which I can walk in an hour unless I am being a baby, then I slow down and talk myself out of the inclines

me too on the 150's ... gotta keep telling myself that

Here's my menu

MILITARY 3 DAY DIET

DAY 1:
Breakfast

1/2 Grapefruit
1 Slice of Toast
2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
1 cup Coffee or Tea (with caffeine)
Lunch
1/2 Cup of Tuna
1 Slice of Toast
1 cup Coffee or Tea (with caffeine)
Dinner
3 ounces of any type of meat
1 cup of green beans
1/2 banana
1 small apple
1 cup of vanilla ice cream

DAY 2
Breakfast

1 egg
1 slice of toast
1/2 banana
Lunch
1 cup of cottage cheese
1 hard boiled egg
5 saltine crackers
Dinner
2 hot dogs (without bun)
1 cup of broccoli
1/2 cup of carrots
1/2 banana
1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream

DAY 3
Breakfast

5 saltine crackers
1 slice of cheddar cheese
1 small apple
Lunch
1 hard boiled egg (or cooked however you like)
1 slice of toast
Dinner
1 cup of tuna
1/2 banana
1 cup of vanilla ice cream

Last edited by love2b150; 03-07-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:41 AM   #131  

Omg love2b150!! Kudos to you for doing that diet!!!

I think I would be a very cranky person eating those foods lol! Mostly grapefruit, tuna, and vanilla ice cream lol but I looked it up and wow 10lbs a week! (or so they say) I would happy with any loss a week, this week I've gone down a lb I hope next week brings on more!

I'm actually going out to town this week to visit a school I'll be attending in the summer! Excited but scared the road trip will leave me with a ton of water weight from all the salty/carby snacks!!
Old 03-08-2014, 02:24 PM   #132  
~Rennie

hhm, have a safe trip Pack some veggies, fruit and deli meat for the trip ... I doubt it if I'll lose 10lbs. I followed it to the T yesterday but not today so we shall see. My son was invited to a cookout with a college bound program he is in (it's for the family) so we shall see how I do there.

B ~ NONE
S ~ unplanned chips while chauffeuring the children around
L ~ 6 unsalted rounds, extra sharp cheddar, salsa, 80/20 taco meat, grape fruit with juice, cake batter
D ~
Old 03-10-2014, 12:57 AM   #133  

Thanks love2b150!!

I just got back!! I did awful =( I don't know why I can't stick to my good foods when I'm on a car ride. I think it's because I took incredibly boring food (celery sticks!!!)

Everyone else was muching on the fun stuff, and so I indulged in a bit, but the meals were the hardest. I probably ate enough carbs for the week! so scared to weigh in tomorrow. Way to throw away 2 weeks of effort ugh, so mad at myself. But good thing is, I don't think I ate enough to gain actual weight, maybe some water retention or so? I think I'm under stress, finding housing for grad school was so hard, and time consuming (and expensive!!)

so so scared to weigh in tomorrow, praying I am not back in the dreaded 170s, but I have a feeling I will be =(
Old 03-10-2014, 01:25 AM   #134  

Omg...just weighed myself and I am 172!!!! criesss!

Tomorrow, new day, new game plan! fingers crossed it's water weight from salt. I know I couldn't have eaten 3500+ extra cals =( ugh, what a rollercoaster. Sorry for the late night ramblings!! Hope everyone had a good weekend! I'm off to bed!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:36 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 216/132/120

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Arwen has your weight been the same for two months or has it fluctuated? Which plan are you following? Hope you get out of here soon Just noticing your join date. on your weight loss do far Keep up the good work How long has it taken you to lose the weight you've loss?
I've been losing since September, so about 8-10lbs a month by losing 2lbs a week until I hit 165lbs. I'm currently losing 1lb a week steadily now. I dropped to 159 today! woot!
Closed Thread