Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 03:56 PM   #46  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vix View Post
Well done shr1nk1ngme! So what do you eat on your up days? Is it anything goes or does it still have to be healthy?
No, I am very particular about my UpDays because I have to make sure my nutrition is excellent so I can sustain myself healthily on my fasting days. So everything is weighed, measured, and entered into FitDay to make sure I am getting 100% RDA/DV of every nutrient. I firmly believe in low-carb, so I strive for a ketogenic diet. My calories are roughly 47% fat, 43% protein, and 10% carbs.

Here's a typical UpDay:

Vitamins, minerals, & supplements
2 cups coffee with soy milk

Breakfast:
Hard boiled egg
Flaxseed One Minute Muffin topped with 2 tbsp sour cream and a sprinkle of truvia, pumpkin pie spice
GG's Scandinavian crispbread
1 oz Monterey jack cheese

Lunch:
Morningstar Griller's Prime burger topped with vegenaise &
1 cup of alfalfa sprouts
Brussels sprouts with 1 oz melted Monterey jack cheese
GG's Scandinavian crispbread with 1 oz cream cheese
Vegetable broth with sliced celery

Dinner:
3/4 cup (huge) Egg beaters omelette with broccoli

Dessert:
2 homemade low-carb chocolate chip cookies (to DIE for)

Snacks (as needed, but I usually save them all for nighttime because that's when I'm most hungry)
walnuts
hazelnuts
almonds
Brazil nuts
Sugar-free jell-o
Celery sticks with 1 oz cream cheese
Vegetable broth
Old 01-08-2014, 03:58 PM   #47  
Vegetarian, Low carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by vix View Post
Well done shr1nk1ngme! So what do you eat on your up days? Is it anything goes or does it still have to be healthy?
No, I am very particular about my UpDays because I have to make sure my nutrition is excellent so I can sustain myself healthily on my fasting days. So everything is weighed, measured, and entered into FitDay to make sure I am getting 100% RDA/DV of every nutrient. I firmly believe in low-carb, so I strive for a ketogenic diet. My calories are roughly 47% fat, 43% protein, and 10% carbs.

Here's a typical UpDay:

Vitamins, minerals, & supplements
2 cups coffee with soy milk

Breakfast:
Hard boiled egg
Flaxseed One Minute Muffin topped with 2 tbsp sour cream and a sprinkle of truvia, pumpkin pie spice
GG's Scandinavian crispbread
1 oz Monterey jack cheese

Lunch:
Morningstar Griller's Prime burger topped with vegenaise &
1 cup of alfalfa sprouts
GG's Scandinavian crispbread with 1 oz cream cheese

Dinner:
3/4 cup (huge) Egg beaters omelette with spinach
Broccoli with 1 oz melted Monterey jack cheese

Dessert:
2 homemade low-carb chocolate chip cookies (to DIE for)

Snacks (as needed, but I usually save them all for nighttime because that's when I'm most hungry)
walnuts
hazelnuts
almonds
Brazil nuts
Sugar-free jell-o
Celery sticks with 1 oz cream cheese
Vegetable broth

Edit: Last night I ran out of time so I couldn't get all my nuts eaten before bed ( I buy nuts-in-the-shell and crack them one at a time to slow myself down). But I know that under-eating calories on an UpDay slows down weight loss. So yes, I knew I had to eat MORE calories, and fast. So I ate two more low-carb cookies. It felt so decadent! I love JUDDD. On how many diets are you concerned that you aren't eating enough calories, and as a result have to force down more cookies? lol

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 01-09-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #48  
vix

Quote:
Originally Posted by shr1nk1ngme View Post
Last night I ran out of time so I couldn't get all my nuts eaten before bed ( I buy nuts-in-the-shell and crack them one at a time to slow myself down). But I know that under-eating calories on an UpDay slows down weight loss. So yes, I knew I had to eat MORE calories, and fast. So I ate two more low-carb cookies. It felt so decadent! I love JUDDD. On how many diets are you concerned that you aren't eating enough calories, and as a result have to force down more cookies? lol
Hahahaha! That's true!!

Wow to your daily diet, you sound so much more organized than me!!!

Today I weighed in at 157.2!!! So after waiting to see if it stuck I guess I'm out of this thread and on down to the 150s.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:34 PM   #49  
Vegetarian, Low carb

Default Nsv

Today I finally fit into a pair of jeans in the next size down! I am so happy I could do my happy dance. Hold on...
OK, just went and did my happy dance.

DownDay today. Yeah! Now I am feeling more motivated than ever.

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 01-11-2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #50  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Congrats ladies on your weight loss!!!

My scale is going the wrong way this week...hope to have a better days coming! I'll do some happy dancing for you though--burn some more calories! LOL
Old 01-14-2014, 09:45 AM   #51  
Vegetarian, Low carb

161.0 Today. Won't be long now...
Old 01-14-2014, 09:42 PM   #52  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Yes! A 160s thread! I tried to join this in the 20s section, but the place was DEAD. And I can only keep up a conversation with myself for so long.

I'm so, so tired of the 160s. I'm ready for the 50s!

Weighed in at 165.2 today. Nearly halfway there! Although I was dehydrated yesterday, so I expect an uptick. Oh well. Water weight happens.

---

shr1nk1ngme: Congrats on dropping a pants size! I love it when that happens! Although it takes me literally 40 lbs to drop a size (from 210 to 165, I'm down ONE size).

Last edited by LiannaKole; 01-14-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:17 AM   #53  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

No change today, but not a surprise.

I was glancing through the thread last night - lots of different diets here. It's cool to read about. A common one looked like low carb. I tried that once, but it didn't work for me for long. Eating carbs never bothered me except when they were too processed or sugary (white bread, white crackers, muffins, etc.).

And I think I just realized that with my current eating method that my blood sugar is more stable - I can go longer times without food if needed and not feel faint or ravenous, and I lose a lot of the urgency to eat. It's nice.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 01-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #54  
Vegetarian, Low carb

Welcome!

It sounds like you are probably already eating a low glycemic impact diet, with plenty of complex carbs. This works for a lot of people! It's perfect because on such a diet you don't have to eliminate whole classes of foods, you just have to eat whole foods and avoid processed/refined ones.

If you ever have issues with blood sugar then I would definitely consider looking closely at your carbohydrate consumption. But otherwise, if you have stable blood sugar and are losing weight steadily, more power to you!

I gained all this weight eating too many beans. Yes, beans. Even carbohydrate from BEANS makes me fat. I have to really watch my carbs. Every single person is different, depending on their insulin response and their bodies' efficiency at making fat cells.

Congrats on achieving stable blood sugar! It really is quite an accomplishment in this world we live in, of metabolic syndrome and processed foods.

I am not a diabetic but at my last doctor's visit my blood sugar was 99. This raised the alarm for me, as anything 100+ is defined as type 2 diabetes. So I went back on low-carb, started exercising again, and I purchased a glucose/ketone monitor. I test myself every few days to see how I'm doing; my fasting glucose is back down to 85 (perfect) and my ketones hover around 1.6. The ketones are a bit low for someone on a low-carb diet; I had been hoping for something closer to 2.0-2.5 but no matter how few carbs I eat I can't seem to get more ketosis. My liver must be very, very good at producing glycogen. Which means I have to be careful about overeating protein (always an issue with low-carb) because even protein can be converted to sugar, and then to fat, if I eat too much of it. And it also means that if I under-eat, my body will happily and efficiently cannibalize its own muscle tissue. It's a fine balance, this weight-loss thing. For me, anyway.

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 01-15-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:22 AM   #55  
Vegetarian, Low carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiannaKole View Post
... it takes me literally 40 lbs to drop a size (from 210 to 165, I'm down ONE size).
oh. my. gosh.

I would have despaired! How long did it take you to earn that ONE size? You must have amazing will power! Getting back into my old clothes is one of my biggest motivations. I can't imagine having to wait that long; I might have given up.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiannaKole View Post
shr1nk1ngme: Congrats on dropping a pants size! I love it when that happens! Although it takes me literally 40 lbs to drop a size (from 210 to 165, I'm down ONE size).
This sounds like me. Takes forever to drop a size. I was 210 at my biggest and didn't see any drop until I was under 170. Annoying!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #57  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies,

I need to break up with this 167. LOL

I bought some protein powder on the weekend to make smoothies with. I'm trying to give myself a more filling snack at 2pm so I don't go crazy and lose my willpower after dinner.

Hope you all are having a good eating day!
Old 01-15-2014, 01:59 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Counting the calories. Yesterday was a great day, now to keep on in the groove!

WTG ladies - keep on going!
Old 01-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

I snuck a weigh-in this morning (I was resolved to wait til Friday but I cracked like an egg) and was pleased to see 163.5. Hopefully I can hold there until I'm actually allowed to count it!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:30 AM   #60  
Vegetarian, Low carb

Ooooo this morning's weigh-in was 159.8.

I weigh in every two days or so, so when I weigh again on Saturday, if the new weight "sticks" I'll move down to a 150's thread. Hope you ladies get through this decade quickly and can join us in the 150's soon.
Closed Thread