Well, after losing 50 lbs and keeping it off for a year... I finally FELL off the wagon. For two months.. I have been eating with utter abandon. I felt like I was doing it on purpose because mentally I just couldn't deal with constantly feeling on a diet. Now feel like my clothing is tight.
I have decided NOT go look because typically what happens is that I go on off a diet and then see what I have gained and freak out and just totally lose all hope. So tomorrow it is back to the diet food.
Here is the thing I can't quite figure out. I can't seem to find a happy medium. If I eat regular food... the calories are just very high no matter how I try to limit them. Also it feels like my set point (when I feel happy and satisfied) is about 500 calories over my BMR.
Why I went off the diet?
- Well the Precipitating factor was the government shut down that subjected me to a possible major rug out from under my life. I kind of had my mind blown.
- constant shoving food in my face. Which is still going on BTW.
- my body seemed to be unable to lose anymore and some part of me felt like I had to eat more to "wake up" my body. Plus I was completely out of motivation.
- I am purchasing a home and man oh man, is that stressful.
- I got a very long lasting head cold and that just makes me want to eat.
But I do finally... finally feel like I have the cheating all out of my system and I can't stand thinking about candy anymore. Today someone gave me a tub of fudge and I gave it away. That says it is time.
I suppose I am posting here because I feel like I am probably going to face quite the feat trying to do this before xmas.