Weigh loss challenge with hubby? ideas...

• I'm thinking of doing a weight loss challenge with hubby...well pitching the idea to hubby, starting January 1st. Anyone thats been around awhile knows that I have tried countless ways to motivate him, and I thought a fun "challenge" might work. I say fun because I want it to be light hearted in the prizes along the way, like a massage or winner picks the movie movie night. I would do something for various percentages lost or maybe weigh in once a week and that weeks "winner" gets something fun.

I know men lose faster, I'm fine with it. Any ideas for prizes along the way that are fun for both of us so that no one is really the loser...keep in mind we have little kids and no sitter so no nights out.
  • I like the idea of starting with once-a-week weigh ins/prizes and then maybe working up to percentages lost once your husband warms up to the idea of the weight loss challenge and you both want to make it a bit more challenging. Or perhaps have "bigger prizes".
    Prizes could be things like, cooking for the other (maybe a favorite treat that's been modified to a diet friendly version or a cheat meal), at home pampering/spa type things, maybe taking care of the kids that night so the other has a night completely to themselves for relaxing or can have a night out with friends. Maybe a bigger prize could be a date night for both of you to celebrate your losses, the "winner" chooses the restaurant or location.

To change things up a bit, you might think of the opposite and some weeks you could have things the loser gets stuck with, like getting stuck with certain chores for the night.
  • My ex and I used to trade strip-teases.

Loser for the week gets to dance. It's fun for everyone!