Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 08:30 PM   #76  

Terri, glad to hear about the gel seat. I have one on my regular and stationary bike and it makes a big difference. Maybe we should just affix it permanently to our butts so we could always be in the comfort zone ?

Speaking of bike riding, I have done my fair share over the last couple of days logging in about 4 hours outside with my son on "good pace" rides. Had fries with my dinner tonight for the first time in a long time and they were gooooood! Otherwise everything going well. Oh yeah, stepped on the scale yesterday and am down another pound to 180!! Yippee!! This was my goal to reach by the end of the month so I am really pleased with myself. Now let's keep it going!
Old 07-27-2003, 06:20 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

I confess!

I have totally fallen off the wagon the last couple of days. Not sure why, just lazy I guess.

DH and I are both ready to get refocused tomorrow morning. We're craving just plain meat, salad and other veggies.

I've ordered a new Video Cycle so i can spin my way through the Alps and a Winsor Pilates ab DVD.

Okay, we only have four days left of this month's challenge. Let's make it count. On Thursday, let's post our successes for the month. Are you are up for a new challenge and thread for August 1st? If so, I'd like to keep this going.

Simcoe! Down a pound and all that bike riding. Go girl!

Have a great Sunday evening!
Old 07-27-2003, 11:14 PM   #78  

Don't worry about it, Terri. You have the right attitude. Just refocus and don't beat yourself up about it.

I did well with the food this weekend, and exercised for an hour each day. One day was a bike ride, and today the DH and I had a good steady one hour walk. Trying to get him out of the house without the cigarettes. I keep trying to tell him that a walk followed by a smoke doesn't do any good.

I am all for starting a new thread on August 1st. These mini-goals are much better than long term ones. They are more attainable and you stay much more focused because it is the short term. I will do my final weigh in on August 1st and am hoping to see 179 or 78.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:20 AM   #79  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

Default son-of-a....

I can't believe the scale this morning. All last week I did well on my exercise, food, and water and the scale had been showing me happy things...until Sunday morning when my weight jumped up 5 pounds! Now I'm sure it's just water, and I was also sure that by this morning for my "official" weigh-in it would be gone, but NOOOOOOOOOOO! Only 2 pounds of it was gone, so essentially I'm at the same weight I was at last week! GAH!

I'm too PO'd to be thinking about my plan for this week right now, but Terri, the official results post on Friday and an August challenge sound like great ideas to me!

psm
Old 07-29-2003, 07:20 AM   #80  

Bruissen - I hate it when the scale does that to me. I increase my water intake three days before WI to help ward off the weight shoot up. Keep working!

Yesterday was a great food day. Back on track and feeling better for it. I didn't do my spinner as planned. No real excuse. I did do my morning workout with the weights and did walk the dog later on so that's better than nothing. Tonight I will do 45 mins on the spinner. I will!

Have a great day!
Old 07-29-2003, 10:24 AM   #81  
this time I mean it!!!

Default morning ladies....

well, I still hate the damn scale, but I've lost the urge to fling it out the window.

I did well yesterday on food and water, also did 30 minutes of cardio and 45 minutes with the evil trainer (who also had to listen to me whine about the damn scale).

Plan for today - more of the same because I'm going to get as close to my goal of 290 as is humanly possible in these last 3 days of this challenge...

psm
Old 07-29-2003, 02:47 PM   #82  

Brunissen, I can relate and it is very frustrating. I was wondering for the longest time why the scale was not moving and then I started to go over what I was REALLY eating and doing. Guess what I found?? I was not really eating as little as I thought. I got back into the habit of weighing, measuring and writing everything down and I got a bit of a shock. Getting back to basics really helped me. Not that the scale does not do weird things every once in a while, like when you are retaining water. Just wanted to give you some "food" for thought .
Old 07-29-2003, 05:37 PM   #83  
this time I mean it!!!

Talking thanks ladies!

I figure it's just water weight, and once I calmed down just a bit, I realized my salt intake had been a little high (saturday especially)....Once I got the whining out of my system I was fine. Also the fact that I didn't use food to "comfort" me helped my mood also!

Not that the damn scale isn't just asking to be flung out the window....

psm
Old 07-29-2003, 09:10 PM   #84  

Brunissen - I realized today that I have probably misspelled your name many times!

Good job with the exercise! Good luck ladies!!!

Food was great today. I worked late so I only had time for 20 minutes on the spinner and will walk the dog later on. I'm exhausted and need to do some studying (insurance class, blech!)
Old 07-30-2003, 09:55 AM   #85  
this time I mean it!!!

Terri - I don't even notice when my name gets misspelled! BTW - my real name is Pam, I just realized nobody knows that!

Did well yesterday - I figure at tomorrow's weigh in I'm going to be about 5 pounds heavier than I was aiming for, but whatcha gonna do....

Happy Hump Day!

psm
Old 07-30-2003, 11:23 AM   #86  

Wow, what happened to the rest of our group??? Glad to see us fearless three are still hanging though. Good, bad or ugly, it is nice to see that we still report!

I am sitting around trying to figure out what to do today, want to get out and be active, but it is kind of warm. Maybe I will take the son to play minigolf...hmmmmm. By the time we really get going, the day will probably be done. It has been really tough since the aerobics went on hiatus for the summer, trying to keep moving, but to mix it up a bit. Oh well, time to get going for the day. Hope everyone else is well.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:15 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

I'm back! My father passed away after a lingering death (I pulled his life support), so I've been dealing with that over the past 2 or 3 weeks. I took a hiatus from bootcamp to retain my sanity. I haven't jumped on the scales yet and I don't plan to for another week or so. I'm back on program today but I don't expect to make my goal for the month. But, I think I have the best excuse in the book, so I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I'd love to participate in an August boot camp if there are plans to continue.
Old 07-30-2003, 04:48 PM   #88  
this time I mean it!!!

Genesis - I am so sorry about your father! I'd say the weight loss should definitely be put on the back burner for a bit, and when you are ready, we will be here (with a new August Challenge).

Take care!
psm
Old 07-30-2003, 04:51 PM   #89  
this time I mean it!!!

Wow, I just noticed that I didn't report for today...I could have sworn I did this morning....

Still hanging in there, I'm definitely not going to make by goal of 290, but I've accepted that and I'm not beating myself up about it.

see you all tomorrow for the final report for this challenge!

psm
Old 07-30-2003, 09:00 PM   #90  

Ditto for me Genesis....welcome back.
Closed Thread