Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #16  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

shr1nk1ngme - I am so happy for you to get lower, but we will miss you here! I'll have to rush my way out of the 170's so I can join you in the 160's thread next! :] I hope your salad was yummy AND also your diet cocoa. :]

Rennie - Hi! I actually really really like that idea! We can each be a motivator to one another. I am really hoping to be atleast 170 by new years - but I'm unsure if I am going to have the discipline enough to do that. We shall see. When do you think you'll be around 169?
I am not exactly counting calories - I read Dolvett Quince's book "3121 diet" (the trainer on "The Biggest Loser) it's new, and he kind of lays out how you should plan your meals and even gives you examples of meal plans for 21 days and some of his recipes that he recommends, etc. But basically he lays out how to choose smart protein, smart carbs and smart fibers to eat per meal and also the best part about it is that it includes two cheat days in the week. (which I am hoping I don't go too crazy. Tomorrow is my first official cheat day - I just started monday!) It goes 3 clean days, 1 cheat day, 2 clean days and 1 cheat day. I am planning on going to bagel world for lunch and am also planning on bringing myself some veggies for a side instead of chips, but will also be eating my bagel sandwich prob for lunch & dinner along with a salad at dinner. Instead of eating a bag of chips and the full bagel sandwich for lunch and just eating way too much (oh yeah and NO soda!) He also has his own workout that he wants you to follow - but I have a very hard time with it. It hurtsssss, and I know thats a good thing, but OW. I hate squats and lunges so badly. So as of right now I don't exactly have exercises in plan but yesterday I did do my treadmill half-heartedly for 25 to 30 minutes, and the night before I did a weird dance routine for 30ish minutes. :\ What about you? What do you do for exercise?

Right now I'm participating in the '21 day challenge' which is to continue one thing for 21 days straight. And my challenge is drinking at LEAST 90oz of water a day.. today is day 3... man is that hard! Do you have a hard time getting enough oz of water in?

Also totally know how you feel about not really feeling there until you hit 175... I'm there with you! I am hoping this goes fast before I lose my motivation.
Hi to everyone else out here, too!

Last edited by Savemykissesx; 12-11-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

I think I'll jump in as part of the "b!tch about the 160s" segment of this thread.

I struggled with 170s and got out and am holding steady at about 164, but I would like to move on to b!tching about the 150s now.

Edit: oh hi censoring, let me adjust the cursing better.

Last edited by TrayTeam; 12-11-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #18  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

shr1nk1ngme you are shrinking you

gymrat get your water in and flush that bloatedness <--- is that a word, flush it away

Danielle, I think it will take a ton of discipline for ME to get to 169. I did it before (got to 165) by walking 3 miles a day and eating right. I drank only water ate 6 meals a day and I did it in 3.5 months. That was 3 years ago and I didn't know I was diabetic. My church does a fast at the beginning of the year and last year I gave up bread, rice, potatoes, junk and sweets. I have already done thata with the way I am eating now except I'll have my first cheat day on Saturday. Your plan sounds good keep us posted as to how it goes. I don't know if I could eat a whole bagel. I think it would cause me to binge. I'm gonna do healthy toast with breakfast, probably a snack bag of chips with lunch and a burrito with a low carb tortilla on my cheat day. So it still shouldn't be too bad. Oh and a half slice of my bosses pound cake I'll whine on Sunday and pick myself back up on Monday We were going to the gym faithfully but we haven't been this week yet. Hoping to go tomorrow. I only walk on the treadmill. I'm trying to do 5-6 miles in an hour, right now I only make it to 4. I know if we would consistantly go I could do it eventually . I don't like squats or crunches which is what I need to do for sure. I am good about my water when I'm home. When I have to go out it doesn't happen. I mainly drink water so it's not a problem for me. A 20oz soda will last me 3 days (my kids usually get to it before I finish) they always say it's been in the fridge too long . I just started drinking green tea again, thanks to a friend on another thread. I don't know if it helps or not but it's a change. We're gonna do this and hopefully move on together.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

I'm hopping in from the 30-somethings thread. 177.2 today! only a 0.2 pound loss this week. Still, better than nothing. We had a cookie swap party on Saturday and I'm sure that had something to do with it. My goal is to get to 174 before the end of the year so I can do a happy dance for being out of the obese BMI range and into the overweight. I am starting week 3 of Ripped in 30 tonight and I think it's still very possible to lose the 3 pounds yet this year.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #20  
~Rennie

Hi Lucas, Nice NSV good job on the loose jeans I'm right there with ya What are your stats? If you don't mind sharing.

gretel I'm right here with ya. My goal is to get to 175/174 by Christmas or the New Year. Idk which one I just want to be well into the 170's not the high end of the decade. I'm going to the gym today and I usually have a good drop after a brisk 4 mile walk so that should give me a good start. We can do this

weigh in today 177.4
Old 12-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #21  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretel View Post
...only a 0.2 pound loss this week. Still, better than nothing. We had a cookie swap party on Saturday and I'm sure that had something to do with it.
I know, right? Who invented those? None of my social groups has started up a Christmas cookie exchange, thank God. I'd have to decline and they would probably think I was being rude. But come on, they can't really expect me to bake a million cookies and sample theirs if I am trying to lose 70 pounds, can they? Ugh.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

This was the way to do a calorie conscious cookie swap though. There were 8 participants and we each brought 2 dozen cookies. So we got like 3 cookies from each person. It was amazing!

Last edited by gretel; 12-12-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #23  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

I just wanted to say that all I did was walk on my treadmill for 2.25 miles last night and this morning when I did my weigh in I was down to 176, I am inching closer to the 175.. what I really want to see is 174, then I'll feel even better.. heck to see 170 would be real nice! ;] my whole weight loss struggle so far has basically been in the 170's... when I stepped on the scale back in September and I was 181 thats when I started, then I weighed myself a little more recently after my sprained ankle and was 184 I was like "you've got to be kidding me" because I always told myself I'd never be in the 180's and it was a heartbreak, and thats when I knew I had to make some serious changes for the better. So as you all can imagine, and as you are all probably experiencing too, I just can't wait to be out of the 170's and I really hope I don't get like you were Rennie and feel comfortable with how I look at 160 and then end up losing my motivation [I only say this because I can see this happening to me, too]. I really think me getting in atleast 90oz of water is what is being a major contributor to this whole thing right about now, and that just gives me more motivation to drink it up! <3

It'll only get better once I get serious about exercising more and everything.

Today is my first 'cheat' day on my new diet I started this week. I am hoping for a good outcome tomorrow, and still a little nervous. :| We will see, hope you all are doing well here in the 170's!!
Old 12-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #24  
~Rennie

Danielle stay positive, you'll be fine
Old 12-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #25  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

Well I'm not necessarily being negative or not positive I'm just speaking how I feel/see. ;] I am staying positive in the fact that I'm keeping it up... but if I was to honestly be negative that would mean I'd be so down in the dumps and I wouldn't be keeping it up, that's for sure. I'd be right back to square one. I can't wait to physically see a difference. Tonight I need to do measurements so I know where I am in the 'beginning' of my weight loss journey.

For lunch I had some steamfresh snap peas and my half of my delicious bagel world sandwich - I am looking forward to tonight's half for dinner with my salad

Last edited by Savemykissesx; 12-12-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #26  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Aww, Danielle, so sorry you are struggling! Once you start to see a difference it will give you the oomph you need to stay on track, but waiting for that first little taste of success, whether you are just starting, whether you are starting back up, or breaking through a plateau, can be sooo hard. Hang in there. It will come.

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 12-12-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #27  
~Rennie

Danielle, I'm sorry I didn't mean it to sound like you were being negative. But I know how easy it is to get discouraged on these journeys, we can talk ourselves into things also and one small derailment can lead to a gain that totally throws us off. I'll be more careful with my words.

I need to take my measurements also. I keep forgetting and when I don't get enough sleep for some reason I have in my mind that they won't be right. But I really want to see because I know there is a change.

shr1nkingme hope you had a good day
Old 12-13-2013, 01:31 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 206/172.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Default Been stuck in the 170's for a year

Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster. I maintained this past year at around 173, then in October slowly inched up to a high of 178, got up the initiative to try to lose again, and weighed in today at 170.4. If I see the 160's by New Years I will be SO happy! I changed my eating strategy and focus on getting more protein and am eating frozen steamed veggies and spinach (better than before - no veggies, lol). Tracking in MFP.

Trying to be more active to lift my spirits! The holidays can be tricky for me. Will keep y'all in the loop! Good luck to everyone!
Old 12-13-2013, 04:39 AM   #29  

Height: 5'8"

I "officially" weigh in on Mondays. It's not like I have a ceremony or anything, but that's when I write down the current situation in my spreadsheet :-) Anyway, I did step on the scale this morning, and the current high protein diet seems to be doing wonders. I was at 172.4lbs.

I'm really skeptical about me going through the 170's this fast though (I started at 180.2 on Nov 25th). Obviously there's a lot of water weight, so I'll be back the moment I eat a carb. I'm just thinking that if the 170's are this "easy", then the 160's are probably going to be a pain.

I have been going back and forth in the 170's and I think my setpoint is somewhere in the upper end of 170's. So my body will probably want to drift back there if I don't pay attention. Then again, I'm doing my 6 month project, so I will be consciously working on my body composition. Hopefully the setpoint will be lower after that as well. Not that I actually really care about what I weigh, but I do want to fit in the same clothes for a few years after reaching my goal :-)
Old 12-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #30  
~Rennie

to the thread Gwendolyn … you'll be out of here in a blink.

SparklyBunny nice weigh in

weigh in this morning down .6 to 176.8
Closed Thread