Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 06:43 AM   #106  
Momma Frog

Hello All!

Had a bit of a blow up at hubby this morning. Told him exactly what I wanted for lunch today. (Trying to be very careful) So the exact time we are supposed to be walking out the door, he gets his lunchbox and then was like, oh, what was it you wanted? WHAT!!!!!!!!! All I want is to be actually heard and understood sometime. He 'forgot' what it was I said. So, I guess I wasn't getting lunch today. Flew into the kitchen and made my lunch. Men!!

Cerise, darling! Walkie-Walkie!!!!

Moving on the 26th you guys. (WISH it was sooner) Still trying to pack up. MUST complete that this week.

Welcome back Bo-Beena!! Are you all right? Anything broken?

Amarantha-good luck with your 21 day challenge. I read your thread. Wonderful idea!

Hola to the rest of the chicas! I've gotta run!
Old 07-15-2003, 07:12 AM   #107  

Hello all!

Flat tire when I came out of work last night- and no spare -- so riding w/ DH today. Got up an hour early and went thru the motions -- most of the lunches were packed, clothes laid out, but still waking up.
Have no idea why I don't even h ave a doughnut to use as a spare-- guess its another lesson in being prepared-- Similiar to my recent eyeopening moment when I realized I was using the wrong points values. You think you "know" your routine so well that you just "know" there's a spare tire in the trunk.....until you go looking for it!

Hope all is well w/ everyone.

Empress- Here's extra energy vibes towards your long days.

Arabella- If I remember, we both celebrate in July don't we?
And take it from me, as just a year older than you, ENJOY!

Punkin- yes, I 've experienced total exhaustion if I've lost more than a 2 lbs quickly- our bodies do need to adjust-
CONGRATS on 40 lbs!! Good job!

Zadie- Yes, definitely is a "Grown up Moment" when you realize you'd rather sleep at night than not!

Bobeena- glad you're back and feeling better!

Frogger- Aren't men grand in the morning??
That's why I do the lunches and the clothes- just makes my morning more peaceful.

Cerise- Yes, I'm impressed about your posing for the sculpting class too. WOW! And yes, it is a lucky break that you're sil can get you into the gym. Good luck on the move this weekend!

Metta- I can relate .... somethings are not even safe at my house in the freezer..... I have to buy single portions or bring the extras to the neighbors-- In fact, it would probably be a good idea to bring the neighbors the peanut butter jar.

Jenn- GOOD GOING! Any tips you want to share w. us? What's really working well for you?

Dollar- How 's your new "outlook" doing? Don't take an inch away from you 90 lbs down achievement- you are AMAZING.
I know I continue to see more mental changes than physical --
Seems like our brains take longer to see the weight loss than our bodies do.

Wildfire- So, did DH get you a Helmet too? hee, hee, just kidding!

Eydie- I took a look at your journal for vegetarian ideas- I was excited to see Spanakopita mentioned-- I can't find it in the grocery stores- do you make your own??

Who am I forgetting... Don't mean to be rude-
Oh yes, Chikla ( sp?)-- how's life treating you? What is happening in your part of the realm?

Anagram- How is your garden doing? My hydrangeas are the prettiest sky blue I've ever seen- Seems like the rain agrees with them! The baby peach tree however has died. The apples appear to be ok but I am watchful. And the blackberry bush wants to become a hedge! And I think I'll let it!

Okay, so being here an hour early did work out to my advantage- I am so glad I had a chance to chat a tiny bit w/ everyone.

Thought of the day :

"Too many people let others stand in their way and don't go back for one more try."
--Rosabeth Moss Kanter

Question of the day :

"If you could have only have ONE of the following: Either good looks or a great personality, which would you choose?"
--Table Topics
Take care all!
Old 07-15-2003, 07:28 AM   #108  
Empress/Queen

Ah, the mysterious Kayeletsi is back!!! Very intriguing!!!

Life is strange, a doughnut is a good thing on a car, but a bad thing on our waist! C'est la vie! Or words to that effect.

Still braindead!

Frogger: Good luck on your moving prep. I don't envy you the task but it'll be great when you've accomplished it all!

Cerise, don't forget to walk!

Punkin, Arabella: Hola!!! To all mentioned or unmentioned: Guten Tag!!!

QOD: I'd choose just what I have: A GREAT PERSONALITY and interesting looks!!!

Gotta go! Avanti, all!
Old 07-15-2003, 07:35 AM   #109  
deleted2

Good morning, everyone----just passing thru quickly. Gotta get to work! Speaking of which, remember when I mentioned doing tours for 200 kids? I had a great time with it! I was amazed that soemthing I was dreading turned out to be so much fun!

Cerise, I'm so impressed that you posed nude too! I don't know if I could do that. Nobody's ever asked me----and why not ??!!

Kaylets, I make my own spanokopita, 'cause I like tons of vegetables in mine. Lots of spinach, tomatoes, potatoes, mushrooms, onions, and i make it as lo-fat as possible too. I'd send you the recipe but it's something that i just throw together, so i don't know the proportions. Next time I make it I'll measure.

Punkinseed, reading your post this morning made me think of a friend that had chemotherapy and when her hair started to come out she brushed it outside for the birds to make nests! I always thought it was a sweet thought. Kind of ceremonial and better than trashing it. How's Mom feeling?

Okay, now I'm truly late. You're all worth it though!

Old 07-15-2003, 12:15 PM   #110  
Spreadin' the luv.

Hey, gorgeouses, I'm being brief to make up for that gargantuan post yesterday.

I DID INDEEDY walk yesterday. FROGGER!! Thanks, you guys, for the watching and encouraging. It seems silly, making this big of a ruckus for just walking, but if that's what it takes, baby... Got to walk again today. Wish the pain in my calves/shins would go away...

Today's my last day of work. We pack this week and move on Saturday. I can't WAIT to be a Seattle-ite!!!

Frogger, Ramon was SO pleased to find that I had a buddy to keep me walking. Thank you from him, since he hears about it if I fail. He's learning everyone's names, gradually...Frogger's the lady who's moving too and helps me walk. Kaylets is the inspirational one, always positive (he really likes your quotes). Punkin has the mom I pray for at church and is the other Oregon-ite. Etc.

OK, one more thought before I sign off for brevity's sake (I don't even know why I try). There's this one tree by the sidewalk on my "route" that reminds me of you, Arabella. It's not that big, but it's the kind that branches out immediately into a flattish cover about 11 feet from the ground. As soon as I walk under it, the blazing sun turns into dapples of light in a cool glade (this effect lasts for like 3 seconds, but it's wonderful), green light is all around me, and I SWEAR I'm in a bit of Wood Nymph's forest. I can only explain it by saying that I think you send stuff like that to your friends. Thank you, O Flitting One.

10 more minutes into that walk there's a huge patch of lavender that I can smell forever after I've passed it. Reminds me of Anagram for some reason. Huh.

Ok, enough woo-woo for now. Thank you so much, you guys.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:11 PM   #111  
caffeine free!

Hello,
Well, I missed a lot this weekend. My sister just found out that she is going to have a baby. What an over achiever, they were only trying for about two weeks. It has caused soem problems though beucase they have to get rid of one of their dogs becuase he bites and is not good to have arround a baby. This means that my parents are probably taking the dog, which my mother thinks is a grand idea and my father is very upset about. You have to understand that this dog is just really horrible in every way and my dad, while rather patient (elementary school teacher for over 20 years), really despises this dog. I keep planting hints to my mother that they will just try it out and if it does not work there are other options. Well, we have eight moths to get it figured out.

I feel really stressed about not studying this weekend.

I ate like a champ yesterday. I think this week is going to work out well. Very focused.

Well, I hope all is well in the world for everyone.

QOD: the personality
Old 07-15-2003, 01:50 PM   #112  
Momma Frog

Cerise- Way to go for keeping it up sister!!! Good job! You'll be svelt in no time. Watch out Seattle!!!!!!!! I'm jealous of your last day of work. I don't know how long I'll have to continue torturing myself here. When we move it will be 2 hours to work everyday, 3-4 hours home.

Eydie- on your future auntie hood. I have 9 neices and nephews myself. (YES 9!) 3 girlies and 6 boys. My oldest is 6 months older than me! LOL
Old 07-15-2003, 04:03 PM   #113  
Is it Friday yet?

*Whew!*

Finally made it.... my day just doesn't feel complete until I've checked in with you all!

Amarantha, bravo dahling! Day 2, of many, many days in a row, I'm sure!

Frogger, I don't know what it is about men. I truly do think they sometimes either speak another language or just don't hear things the way we do... They may be human just like us, but they are definately of another species!

Kaylets, sorry about your flat tire - how ironic that one of the recent Q o' the days was about changing a tire???
wrong points??? Ack! Glad you found out!

Eydie, I'm so happy you ended up enjoying yourself! I'll tell Mom about the idea of sharing her "gift" with the little chickadees that are nesting... good way of looking at a positive side

Zadie, CONGRATS Auntie!!!

Cerise, no such thing as "just" walking - it's exercise no matter how you look at it!

Q o' the day ~ I'll take personality. As an overweight person It's always bugged me how so many people see looks as being *everything*. Not-so-perfect people with beautiful personalities are far more appealing than someone who's gorgeous and a $%(&*.

Eydie'd asked 'bout how Mum's feeling. Good, tired, but good. I'm having to kick back in to "Mother your Mother" mode because she won't do what the Dr. said - listen to her body and nap when she's tired. She's fighting it and falling dead asleep at 9pm. We also found out that she only has 2 more chemo treatments after this next Monday!!!!! So, we're almost 1/2 way through - already - then there's the radiation, but that's not going to be as hard on her physically.... What's that??? There's this light I see waaaaay off in the distance.... wonder if that's the end of the tunnel?

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM!!!!! Today's her birthday....

Ta for now lovlies!

Terri
Old 07-15-2003, 06:19 PM   #114  
deleted2

Terri, Give Mom a big birthday group hug from all of us! Hey, are you still belly-dancing? I did an hour today [2 tapes] and felt all wriggly-swivelly by the end!

Wildfire, How's it going with the weights? I wish I liked the lower body stuff more. It's okay, I just don't enjoy it.

Frogger, I think you meant Zadie is going to be an aunt. Congrats, Zadie! Frogger, how do you keep up with all nine?!

Cerise. I loved your story about Arabella and Anagram "manifesting" on your walks!

How's everyone doing? I did okay with food today except for a few rogue choc. kisses! I love the new smilies!!!The 'sumo' and 'encore' are my favorites!

Old 07-15-2003, 06:58 PM   #115  
Hot Stuff

That just has to be the cutest smilie yet! And I like this one, too .... Mmmmm....popcorn

Okay, I'm done playing now.

Gosh, I've missed so many posts since yesterday morning! Busy bees you all are!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRI'S MOM!!!

Eydie, I'm still plugging away at the weights! I don't like the lower body stuff much either. Maybe 'cause it's harder?

Frogger, gads that's a horrible commute you're looking at! I hope you can find another job when you move. You'll just be getting home and have to turn around and go back!

zadie-soon-to-be-aunt-zadie, congrats! I feel bad for the dog, though...his behaviour is a result of his environment (at least I believe this is how pets pick up behaviours)....maybe the change in homes will bring about an improvement in the dog?

Cerise, you go girl! You walk that walk! Did stretching your legs first make any difference in the sore shins? If not, maybe you're starting out walking too quickly....take it slow for 10 minutes or so to give your muscles a chance to adapt. Wow, I'm so impressed that you modelled nude for an art class! I'm so self-conscious of every ounce I don't think I'd be able to do that. Ramon!

Punkin, how's the dizzyness? Wouldn't hurt to mention it to the doc. Is it listed as a side effect of the meds?

Bo-Beena, good to hear from you!

Arabella, go for the bike! Northern Reflections is always a good choice, too, though.

Here's a link to my bike (if it works):

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortmen...=1058309276365

I'm having such fun riding it! Even took my feet off the pedals and stuck my legs out while coming down a hill last night. I'm telling you, it's taking years off! (My behaviour, anyway!)

Oooh, I go to see Jesse Cook tomorrow night!!!

to anagram, Kaylets, Metta, Jen, Amarantha, dollar are you out there?, and anyone I might be missing.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:22 PM   #116  

I know I checked in earlier today but so many posts I think I need to do it more often.

Cerise, thanks for thinking of me on your walks. I'll miss "seeing" you when you're walking in Seattle. Lovely move though.

Kaylets, things seem dry around here lately even with all the rain we had. Lost my hydrangea to drought last year and it was the only one I had so am envying you. Still have some winter damage to have taken care of and need someone to dig some old stuff out of a bed o two. But flowers are lovely esp. my day lillies.

I hadn't noticed there were new smilies until Wildfire and Eydie mentioned them. LOVE the little bubbler.

Halfway through chemo! Hurray! And happy Birthday, Terri's mom!

So we bought a car today. A dark blue Camry. Don't know when it will be ready but within the next couple of days, I guess. Glad that decision is made.

Saw nephrologist today. Dh stable but needs Procrit. This will be a shot once a week to be administered by ME. (no, NO, NO) but of course, I'll learn and I'll do it. He was a rebel tonight about his food (for basically the first time or at least the worst he's been and it's been almost a year). Hope it was a one night rebellion.

Mom neither worse nor much better according to sister who has been there since yesterday (nursie sis worked today) and will be staying a few more. Mom turned down option of hospital but if she does not improve, I suspect that's what will be next. I'm not sure dr. would have let her try home improvement except that RN sister can be there to monitor off and on.

Rogue Hershey kisses on the loose? They were the subject of my horrible binge last week and I don't even care that much for them.Yuk yuk. It's been three days now pretty much doing well, actually a week now of recovering from binge. Don't feel too slim today at all. Hope to get to pool tomorrow and shake it all off. Don't think I'd ever, ever, ever be able to model (or do much of anything else) nude in public. MAYBE would like to be that daring but don't think I'll make it in my lifetime.

Frogger, that commute just wouldn't leave you any time to have a life. That traffic is so awful in your area. I hate it even on a Sunday morning when at least it moves. When leaving DDs (Rockville, MD) to come north, I make sure I'm out by 3 so I don't hit the worst of it and only a really important event coerces me further south than her place because it gets worse by the mile. DS lives in Fairfax and he comes to see us in Rockville so we almost never hit the mess of traffic in his area. Awful.

Lovely evening here tonight. Got quite breezy on the patio which also had the benefit of keeping mosquitos away.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:19 AM   #117  
Empress/Queen

Smile New smilies?

Fantastic!!!! I love this one:

That's me!!! NOT!!!!

Braindead but very successful day on the 21-day challenge! Need to come back and review these posts! Avanti!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 07-16-2003 at 02:24 AM.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:43 AM   #118  

Smile Wonderful Me Wednesday! II

Hello all!

Today's thought is:
"It doesn't take talent to hustle."
-H. Jackson Brown
Question of the day:
"Have you ever used food to create a picture or an item?"--
Table Topics

This Life Laser Lesson from Mike Brescia had some great points for me to consider-- Hope you find some too!

"Most of the time, I'll hallucinate, you're probably really
busy. Going, going all day.

But how close are you getting to the big dreams?

You have fantasies about being able to wear some of those
"skinny clothes" in your closet, don't you? Remember that
friend of yours you had planned on calling? How about that
group of leads that you wanted to work? What about that
pile in the back yard that needs to be picked up and hauled
away?

Man, life doesn't revolve around watching 'Friends', and
staying for one more round of drinks. Is that really
fulfilling? Do you look back on that with pride or a
feeling of accomplishment? Will those happy-hour buddies
really snub you if you left now? Are these people even
supportive of your far off dreams? The stars of 'Friends'
make over a million per episode. How much do you make
watching them? Get TIVO and you can watch them when you're
too exhausted to do anything fun and rewarding.

I know what it's like to have no control over your
desires...

AND what it's like to transcend them.

And it's even tougher to take sometimes, when you do
everything you need to do and you still don't get your
outcome. Damn frustrating, huh?

But here's a rule of thumb. If you're not done, keep
going.

Does it seem odd to even think about working past 5:00?
What about throwing in the exercise video at 10:00 at night?

What would happen if you missed your favorite show this
week? What would really happen?

Shake up your routine.

Get out a piece of paper and write down just one goal. A
medium-sized goal. Something you've been putting off. Put
down the things you need to do to make it happen. Put a
date that it absolutely will be done.

Again, make it a medium-sized task... something that would
only take about 10-20 hours to complete. Make a schedule.
Commit to it... and finish it.

When I did community hearing clinics, I made all of my own
phone calls to set them up, took care of all the
promotion... it was a lot of work.

But I was driven by one thing... not being second in the
door.

If a competitor got there a week or a month ahead of me,
it could mean thousands of dollars. I couldn't bear the
thought of losing that much money because I couldn't get
myself to pick up a 16-ounce telephone receiver to make two
or three calls.

Look at your fears. Figure out what they're costing you.

If you don't ask that person out, you both may miss out
forever.

If you don't practice, then you're not going to perform
well.

Plug in your own situation. Do you want those results?

Listen to your inner voice. What's it saying when you're
worried or having a panic attack... over a very routine
thing for most people?

When you're stopped cold, notice what you're focusing on
and what you're telling yourself.

I'll guarantee it's not, "Go for it!" You're most
definitely NOT telling yourself that you can do the job...
that's it's no big deal.

Look at the empowering beliefs below and commit them to
memory. Say them over and over until you dream about them.
Read them constantly.

Your circumstances won't change until your thoughts
change. Pound that into your head.

You know, I must have watched the movies "Rocky" and
"Rudy" 50 times each. Why? Because nothing changes until
you change what you think about. And emotional stories
about people who overcome huge odds can inspire you to do
the same.

Whenever I'm feeling stuck I pull out my empowering
questions or my affirmation cards or read/watch an
empowering story.

It never ever fails to get me back on track and hopeful.

Do like the legendary basketball coach John Wooden says
and "drink from good books." He reads something powerful
and encouraging every single day.

And there was no better life coach than him.

Do you believe "what goes in must come out?"

Then act by what you believe and keep the positive flowing
in every minute you can...

set that goal...

and get hustling.

Do that and something good will always happen."

Mike Brescia- Life Laser Lesson
Old 07-16-2003, 07:53 AM   #119  
Momma Frog

Sorry Eydie!! I really meant to congratulate Zadie!

It's a mess to keep up with them! Mind you, I am 23 years old. David is 24, Rick is 21, James is 17, Ashley is 14, Riley is 13, Sammantha is 13, Robert is 12, Brian is 11, and Richard is 1. I guess I should count my hubby's neice Haley (who is 1 yr old)also (So that makes 10!!!) And I don't have any kids yet!
Old 07-16-2003, 08:04 AM   #120  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Question Wednesday...already?

Jeez...time is flying!

Gotta drive DS to work I think, so this is short.
You guys are doing great, and I too love the new smileys...and the look of the updated page!

Ceara
Closed Thread