Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 11:14 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 184/C/145

Hey ladies, day three and going strong! I think this will be a successful eight weeks, or I am crossing my fingers for that! I have been really good when it comes to snacking and eating in the night time, it is truely unbelievable! When it comes to the exercise routine, my mom and I are trying to go for a walk every day, but my job actually requires alot of physical activity, so I really am not worrying about it right now. And I have been drinking alot of water so I have been working on my week`s goals. I guess I`ll know for sure on Monday`s weigh in.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:59 PM   #32  
Spreadin' the luv.

Red face Tuesday's killin' me already.

HellllOOOOO, lovely Losers!

Frogger, let's totally log on every day to be accountable to each other with our walking endeavor! You're the best. Thanks for offering your support. Walking's tough for me, since I still cramp up really bad in my shins and calves. I sort of limp along. My body's fighting this fitness thing right now, but we'll get in sync soon, her and I.

Topics I won't discuss: I have trouble confronting people, too. Especially since I'm never sure about whether I'm right or not. I've ignored my inner voice for so long, my inner compass, that it's hard to know what's right or wrong for me anymore. I also don't like to talk much about my childhood in Africa anymore. Too many painful memories, regrets. All the people I knew are dead from the wars over there. Anyway, it's a big can of worms to open in casual conversation and I'm tired of the platitudes I get fed, so I don't bring it up anymore.

I'm spending this week cleaning up various bits of the house in preparation for our Pack-O-Rama next week. Last night I deep-cleaned our bedroom. Tonight it's the bathrooms. I think my exercise tonight will be deep-scrubbing the shower.

Here's my eating goal: only eat when I feel hungry. This is a big one, isn't it? I mean, after a while you can't even TELL anymore if you're hungry or not. It could be hunger pangs or it could be an upset stomach from eating too much...fill in the blank. I'm gonna retrain myself for Labor Day!

Love to you all, glad to meetcha, Empress and Dollar.

Is your Mom home yet, Punkin?
Old 07-08-2003, 01:58 PM   #33  
Spreadin' the luv.

Oh, yeah.

I thought up this quote for myself, "Be the person you wish you were." I'm sure other people have published it...I was frustrated with myself yesterday about my lack of discipline in SO many areas of my life, and I was thinking, "Well? BE the person you wish you were. Ask youself every minute if you're being that person." It has helped a bit, 24 hours later.

Buh-bye!
Old 07-08-2003, 02:27 PM   #34  
Momma Frog

Cerise-We will TOTALLY do that!!! I'll be walking mostly on my lunchour, about 30 minutes is my max walk time. (I get crampy too) But we both will post reminders and progress on the walking. Luck to you!!!!!
Old 07-08-2003, 05:27 PM   #35  
caffeine free!

Hello,
Now that I am on full time study I find that my computer time is very random. I am doing so-so about keeping on track, but I am writing everything down. I leave tomorow for Winnipeg so I will be away from computers till Sunday night or Monday morning. I am hoping that my food habits when I am away will be ok. I imagine that I can keep on track pretty well. Plus it will be a lot of walking arround so at least I will get the exercise I need.

Yesterday a friend of mine got into town. Our house is as usual a mess so I am a little embarased, but she took it in stride. We went on a walk around some of the neighborhoods lusting after some of the beautiful houses. I love my house, but if someone gave me an extra 500 square feet and it was a victorian or made of brick, well, I would not sneeze at it. There is an area that I want to live in right near downtown called Irvine Park that is full of houses like that. And it has a beautiful park with a fountain and a gazeebo. i suppose it is close enough that I can walk down there and take advantage of it.

QOD: religion and death

well, talk to y'all when i get back
Old 07-08-2003, 09:51 PM   #36  

Hey everyone. I'm a newbie, so I hope I'm not crashing your party.

I'd love some group accountability, though, because I've been trying to convince myself to make a Labor Day goal, but I'm feeling rather uninspired about it.

As for my goals: I've only got about eleven pounds left to reach my goal weight. (I say "about" because I am PMSing right now and I refuse to step on the scale and take it seriously.) But now that I'm getting close to goal, I'm plateauing a little and eating much more, uh, freely. I am snacking as I type. Even though I'm not hungry. Ah, hello, old habits, how I've missed you.

Early in the summer I had it in my head that I might reach my goal by Labor Day. Well, I don't think that's going to happen. But I would love to get close.

Besides the scale, I want to exercise every day and get my snacking ways back under control.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:03 AM   #37  

Hello all!

Welcome Jenn! Don't know what took me so long to see you come in! Great to have you here!
And Metta! Welcome to you too! Tell us some more about yourself!

Dollar!! Am so glad to see you!! Did the snow ever melt up there??

Please pass more "Fresh Start Cards"-- Another M & M day...
Today will be my "come back day!"

Its also Wonderful Me Wednesday.....and its been a long week since Monday hasnt it?? At least the work hours!!

Thought of the day :

"Humor is Mankind's greatest blessing."
--- Mark Twain.

Question of the day :

"Describe yourself in three words."
-- Table Topics

To everyone... Thanks for being here.... even when I'm not feeling myself, it means so much to know you are here waiting.

Here's to best choices--
And.... I'm healthier than I've been in years, and its really starting to show!
Old 07-09-2003, 07:25 AM   #38  
deleted2

A Fresh Start card for me too---AGAIN!

A Japanese proverb for us: Fall down 8 times, get up 9 times. Words to live by!

There's a trend of coming back later and telling how you did for the day. I'd like to get in on that, so I'll report in later.

Welcome, Metta!

Old 07-09-2003, 07:26 AM   #39  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Smile Wonderful Wednesday!

Hump Day!

Actually I do have a lot to do...will have to hump to get it done!

Yesterday was good...goals for today: increase my water now....I'm not drowning yet...from 1 liter to 1.5 L. Keep my eating low fat and portions human...not super-sized. What is with that super-sizing anyway? More bang for your buck? And here's a nail in your coffin? Or a french-fry...

You guys all sound like you are doing well....there are so many of you that I am going to have to write a cheat list and tape it to the monitor!

Ceara
Old 07-09-2003, 07:27 AM   #40  
deleted2

You know, Ceara, that's not a bad idea!

Old 07-09-2003, 07:50 AM   #41  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry Day 3

Good Morning Glories!

I had a perfect day yesterday, all the water, 9 veggies/fruits, no sugar, white flour or processed foods. A 3-mile walk, an hour working in the garden (unintended, but it counts anyway, right ) and an hour tai chi class. Already back from the gym this morning, so that's another walk and circuit training.

Got my hair cut last night and the hairdresser had no idea what I was talking about, so it didn't turn out the way I wanted at all. Very short again. I wanted it short but with wisps around the edges. She didn't get the wisp concept. Oh well...

Found myself trying on t-shirt after t-shirt this morning and not wearing them because I looked too fat in them. Darn reality! How can I be surprised to be fat, at this stage in the game I will just get myself as dolled up as possible and forget about it. Could I actually expect to look slender at this weight?

I find trying to get in 9 veggies/fruits is really working well. I become obsessed with that goal, which is not a bad thing to be obsessed with. Plus when I'm eating all those, I really can't eat that much of anything else. PLUS I forgot how clear-headed and energetic it makes me feel - partially cutting out bad carbs, too, though, I'm sure.

Oh, I apologize for the whine and the me-me-meness of this post. Maybe I can come back in later and address all you best and brightest of women!

Welcome, Metta, and great to see you back Dollar!

Last edited by Arabella; 07-09-2003 at 07:53 AM.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:18 AM   #42  
Empress/Queen

Hmmm. Wasn't sure if I said "WELCOME" to Chicklo up there!!! I can't see all the posts, but Chicklo: Glad to meet you.

Also, welcome to Metta!!!

Punkin: Thanks for your words of welcome yesterday and the !!! Please keep us posted on your mom's continued progress.

Dollar!!! Wonderful to "see" you!!!

Arabella!!! I think you should go back to that shop and get those wisps ... a Wood Nymph should have wisps!

Eydie:

Kaylets, thanks for restocking the FRESH START cards! I can use a spare!!!

I'm on day four of my MARCH TO LABOR DAY!!! HOORAY!!! Did well on day three food/exercise wise, not so good career wise, whining and details in the journal, film at 11.

QOD: Me in three words: "WOMAN ON A MISSION!"

One component of my mission, as always is reaching-that-elusive-135-pounds-of-fantastically-fit-and-healthy-female-musculature-walking-around-masquerading-as-a-person-while-I'm-really-a-superhero-by-th-end-of-the-year goal.

"I'm a woman on a mission, I am, I am. I'm a woman on a mission and I'm not just goin' fishin' ... I'm a woman on a mission, I am."

Avanti!

To all mentioned and
Old 07-09-2003, 10:18 AM   #43  

You're all so friendly.

Quote:
And Metta! Welcome to you too! Tell us some more about yourself!
Okay, um, some stuff about me:

I'm a part-time graduate student and I run a computer consulting business. Right now I'm doing a fabulously boring contract job which affords me a lot of time to surf the internet, so I'll be here often.

When I'm home, I read, write, play video games and classical violin. I'm trying to add "cooking" and "jogging" to my list of actual hobbies. When I need to move my ***, I mainly do yoga, pilates, and aerobic videos. I hear Billy Blanks' voice in my nightmares. I hate exercising, but I try to do it in the morning before work to get it over with.

As for my diet, I'm vegetarian; I try not to eat sugar or refined carbohydrates, and I keep a food journal so that I can track my calories a bit. I'm addicted to Diet Coke and crackers, the second of which I can't even keep in my house because I will eat the box in one sitting. I'm hypothyroid, so I try to eat often to keep my metabolism going.

My daily goals are to work out, keep my caloric intake in a reasonable range, drink lots of water, and feel good about myself. The last one seems like a stupid goal, but it's actually the hardest one.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:04 AM   #44  
Is it Friday yet?

Wonderful Wednesday!!!

I can't believe I didn't even have 5 minutes to get here to post yesterday! Amazingly busy... for a quieter day today!

Q o' the day ~ me in three words?
Emotional (meaning no problem showing *any/all* emotions), loyal and dependable.

Yes, the "kids" made it home Monday night 'round 10pm. Gracie kitty doesn't look like she's grown at all (she went to CA with Mums) and I've decided she's a pygmy cat and she's never going to get bigger (not true but seems that way!).
My Mom's doing really good and has found "her food" - well, food*s* - basically anything high in fat. She's been all over butter (even though she can't taste it), french fries, cheese.... she made my stepfather stop twice on the way to CA for Taco Bell pintos n' cheese.

Eydie and Kaylets, Fresh Start cards comin' right up!

Cerise, I thought your summer story was very sweet... I also love your quote - it reminded me of a story I heard when I worked for WW about a man who put scotch tape over the numbers on his scale and wrote the weight he wanted to be on the tape. So every time he weighed himself, he was already where he wanted to be. Eventually his weight became the number on the tape.

Arabella, on accomplishing all your daily goals! Yes, gardening counts - and I plan on raiding our greenhouse today myself!

Frogger, you go right ahead and be silly! Your "little hi, little ho" made me think of my silly saying (people look at me strange), from the Mutts cartoon (Mooch kitty), "Let's have a little look-see, a little look, a little see..."

Dollar, welcome back!!!!!

Zadie, have a wonderful trip, rest well and happy studying!

Ceara, "nail in your coffin, or a french fry". Isn't that too true! Since when was a serving of french fries a BUCKET???? (not that I haven't seen the bottom of a few buckets) but my goodness it is getting crazy!

Jenn, my weigh in day is Monday too. Here's to fingers crossed and good thoughts to banish our fluffies on the day o' the scale!

Metta, welcome welcome! The more the merrier! I've always thought that it's hard to get to your destination if you don't plan the journey! I hope we inspire you to set a couple goals for the next few weeks! I'm jealous of the classical violin playing! I got as far as playing "happy birthday"... And no, feeling good about yourself is never, ever a stupid goal. I think a lot of us share that one.

Amarantha, woman on a mission, not just goin' fishin'.... Oooh, you crack me UP!!!!!

Finally had some wonderful news yesterday. My girlfriend's pathology for her breast lump came back, and it's benign. I don't think I ever mentioned it out of fear of my life starting to sound like an episode of freakin' General Hospital, but she had a grapefruit sized lump removed on 6/30. Benign, benign, benign one less person to have to worry about!!!!

Ok, this is enough of a novel, time to get some work done!

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 07-09-2003 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:53 PM   #45  
Momma Frog

Welcome to Metta!!!!!! Glad you came in.

Cerise-my walking cohort, did you move your hiney today? If not, Nike girl! (Just Do it) LOL 10 minutes. You can do it!!!!!!!!!
I only got in 10 myself. (Meetings) But I feel better about me today.

Hi to all! I'm getting excited about moving. Gotta go to the bank this evening and then I'm packing a box. That's my "moving challenge" at least one box a day. I just have odds and ends left right now. Extra linens, some nik naks, videos, etc.

Ok, I've gotta get to another meeting. Catch ya later!
Closed Thread