Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 09:02 AM   #16  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning!

I'm here! Just trying to perk myself up. I've got the PMS thing going on here as well! Ugh! I'm trying to convince these cramps they don't exist and tell myself I will still be productive today. Not looking good so far, I just want to curl up on the couch!

Not sure what we are doing today. DH mentioned driving into Philly, I don't know if I feel like that. The house desperately needs some cleaning. If we go to the city I know we'll eat out.

blah, blah, blah....that's how I feel right now....

I am going to try to fix my mood and I'll be back later. Thanks for letting me vent.

Talk to you later.
Barb
Old 07-06-2003, 09:57 AM   #17  

Good morning. I caught up with most of you ladies last night in chat. I thought I would come in and read over the thread and see what's going on. I really like how you've set up topics for everyday. You all seem to have a lot in common with me. Mainly I noticed a couple chicks from PA! Cool.

I just wanted to check in and say hello, good morning...I'm off to have some breakfast.

Chat soon!
Old 07-06-2003, 09:59 AM   #18  

Goodmorning...

2 Cute and Tina might be sleeping since there were up so late. I don't know how you do it. I drank coffee last night at my friends house and couldn't get to sleep when I got home ( I know, I do know better). I already have told myself I need a nap today to catch up.

Well, I think I am hooked on quilting. I have always wanted to do it, well, I have done two but that was years ago but am thinking it's a good way to keep my fingers busy and out of the food. It doesn't look like a cheap hobby though.

It is still too hot here.

Later - my mind is still fuzzy. (Okay STOP it I know some of you are thinking it is always fuzzy!!!!)
Old 07-06-2003, 11:08 AM   #19  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry

HEY !!!!! Here I am.... over here !!!

Good morning ladies. I am sitting here in the middle of piles of JUNK!!
Getting ready to attack my kitchen today and haul the stuff I have not used in 20 years out into the garage for next weekends sale. I buy all kinds of bakeware and tupperware and stufff in general for the kitchen and I have NEVER used some of it. It is time for it to GO !!!!

Lucky... I was up and going at 7:50 this morning... well.. I was up ... not really going yet. LOL I have ALWAYS had bad sleeping habits. I compare myself to Albert Einstein .... he would work all hours of day and night... then lay on a table and nap when sleepy. I wish life allowed me that luxury of living on MY time table. LOL

Just me... welcome. I don't remember you being here before.
But then i missed a lot during that week of losing my dad.
glad to have you join us.

Barb.... SNAP OUT OF IT !!!!!
Okay lady.... life is too short to be in a funk.
If your husband wants to enjoy a day with you... let that house SIT.
And don't worry about eating out. Order a salad with grilled chicken. Substitute a veggie for potatoes and drink water.
Problem solved.
As I learned in OA years ago.... FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE !!!!
Pretend your husband is a secret lover and you are having a rendevous. How would you treat a secret sexy lover. ?? GO FOR IT !!!

Tina... PMS !!!!
Ron... run for your life !!!!
Sorry... it is no laughing matter. I HATE PMS.
That is MORE than just being in a bad mood... it is physical as well as emotional. I really think we have less control during PMS.
Our bodies do WEIRD things to us. Sometimes we just have to tie a knot and just hang on. BUT... sometimes faking it does help too.

Mary... You weren't here long. LOL
I love it when you write us a long post.
Please do more often.
Sandy... I feel sooooo sorry for your son. BLISTERS !!!
That will hurt him for a longggg time. I hope he doesn't scar.

Amanda.... quote... Visualization is a big key to actualization. So now reversing that visualization is essential if we are going to change where we are at today.
That is soooo TRUE. It is also true to how we talk to ourselves and others too. If you gripe and complain about yourself you will get no where. We have to be nice to ourselves. I used to always say... "I may not love myself or (insert name) but I can be loving towards me/them"

Kat... eating that hot dog just seemed like the American Patriotic Thing to do I hope your day was a fun filled one. I cannot imagine NOT having fun with you.

Michelle... You left me hanging in suspense...... what happened on the house fire from the bottle rockets ??? They are illegal here too... but everyone buys them in Missouri and brings them back here. I have always been a little afraid of fireworks. I have seen too many hurt by them. I can't believe they outlaw bottle rockets... and then sell these HUGE display fireworks to anyone. Doesn't make sense to me.

Okay... I have been here toooooooo long.
I have got to get back to work. My daughter will have to go back to school and I need to take advantage of her home. I don't get a slave very often.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 07-06-2003 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:53 AM   #20  
I'm on my way!

2Cute the house just had some melting of the siding and some shrubbery got burned. Their neighbor noticed it and hosed it down before the fire dept. got there. I don't know if anything is going to come of it. I heard that the neighbor came over to Tommy's house and *****ed them out gently...but who knows where it came from...there were several people shooting them off. So there really is no proof...no one is going to admit to doing it! I surely wouldn't either! LOL

Justme...welcome to our group! It was a pleasure chatting with you last night. I did get some helpful info to plead my case to John...keep posting often so everyone gets to know you! These are truly an inspirational group of women. We come from all over and share not only weightloss issues but family as well....its a great place for support all around!!

Lucky...my atennae perked up when you mentioned quilting! I LOVE quilting...in fact thats the only stuff I took with me to PA of all my craft stuff. It is so rewarding! I need to make one for my son. I use to teach classes! And my friends. I have a scrap quilt of all the scraps from all the quilts I made and scraps from the ones my friends made as well. I love that thing!

Barb...wake up!! We are going to have to meet soon. We are just too close not too! I am going to make another trip to Delaware I think next Sunday so if you ain't doing nothin' come meet me and the little guy!!

Tina...I need info from you girlfriend!! I hope you are well rested! If you are going down Rt. 95 you are gonna pass right by me!!

Ooooh! Sandy...blisters! I had that one year...yikes...it hurts! Hope you little guy is better soon!!

Hi Mary...are you working today?

Kat how was your party?

Amanda it was fun last night...I'm glad I got on to chat!! Even though it was way past MY bedtime!! LOL

Thin thanks sweetie...

OK I gotta run...the family is all meeting at one of JOhn's sister's house in Jersey...it will take us an hour to get there. Gotta get dressed and dry my hair and get the boy changed.

TTFN Michelle
Old 07-06-2003, 12:03 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Smile Walking/Miles&Minutes

Here are my miles and minutes for walking last week:
6/30-7/6
13 miles
294.32 minutes

I just can't seem to get into the LowCarb WOE, I just love my corn and watermelons MMmmm.
Old 07-06-2003, 01:20 PM   #22  

Hello Ladies, thank you for the warm welcome. You all have so much chemistry together I can't resist posting.

Michelle - I hope we were of some help to you last night. Just stay strong, with a little patience things have a way of working themselves out for the best.

I just finished my rebounding workout, I feel fantastic. Only problem, I have to stop weighing myself every morning. It's like I'm some kind of scale junkie. I should just throw it out the window! Alright, have to decide what I'm having for lunch. Hmmmm.
Old 07-06-2003, 01:54 PM   #23  
You and Me in 2003

Ok ladies this is it.
I did my shopping for the week this morning.
I bought Talipa, Orange Roughy, Shrimp, Turkey burgers, vegies, veggie burgers , all ready for starting me new way of life.

I am determined to do this.

Justme: Welcome to our little corner, nice chatting last night.

My son has been gone since yesterday so its just been hubby and me. It's been nice

Work is about to get hectic. two of my fellow librarians need surgery one will be off 12-16 weeks. So Mary has to tighten up I guess.

I am making a meatloaf tonight that is said to be 2 points per serving.
2 lounds extralean ground beef
1 pkg stovetop stuffing
2 eggs(or substitute)
1 cup water
mix well and bake in 12 muffin tins

I mixed it and divided between two loaf pans I put one in the freezer for another meal. I'll let you know how it tastes. I am also going to grill some veggies.

Well I'm off to search for recipes. Catch you all later
Old 07-06-2003, 04:15 PM   #24  

Weather is too hot to do anything but sit and look at it....lol. Not much to report today. Last few hours of solitude before the family comes back. Getting in all the alone time I can.....so nice! (sigh) Getting ready to restart tomorrow....cleaning the pantry out. Feel like someone in AA looking for all my bottles...in my case it's soda.

Welcome to the group JustMe!! Bunch of fun...ALWAYS a new post to read. Can identify with the whole scale junkie thing. Just got a new one .....trying to chart daily weight and then average by the end of the week. Okay, so I could weigh in once a week but that would be too easy!

Grannie: What is Talipa? A fish? Never heard of it before. That recipe sounds good...might try it. Can never seem to get meatloaf right....whenever it's been really good I have no idea how I did it.

Joanne: Great job on your walking! Mom is now walking before going to work Keep thinking of going with her but don't know if I can keep up. Then again, if I don't get my butt in motion I'll never keep up with her!

Hey, could someone pleasee post the Snicker Pie recipe? I know I've seen it and checked to find it but can't. Told my aunt about it and she keeps asking.

LOL....read all the TOM comments. I think PMS stands for Pass My Shotgun....lol. Hate when that comes along...especially when it makes me really blue. Only blessing is that I have something to blame the mood on and it's gives me a timetable as to when it will end. PMS Pollyanna...that's me!

Have a great day everyone!

Deb
Old 07-06-2003, 04:18 PM   #25  
You and Me in 2003

Deb yes Talipia is a white fish very good
Old 07-06-2003, 04:37 PM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Our picnic was very nice. My FIL went all out with the fireworks this year. Geez, there were so many that he put one whole box back in the house to save for next year.

Yesterday I was a 'showgirl' for awhile and we stayed to see Legally Blonde 2. We were not impressed! Next weekend I'm scheduled for an 'all screen trailer check' which means I have to record commercials and previews for every screen in the theatre. It's a pain in the BUTT, especially since the theatre I work at has 30 screens!

When we got home last night, the guys pulled out my old bushes and planted the new ones I bought and it only took about an hour for the whole process. I was impressed! I bought a Sweetspire, a Butterfly Bush and a pink Spirea, so hopefully it will draw some butterflies too.

We have one last project and that's to tear out the deteriorated railroad ties and put in some mulch. I think we're going to wait until the sun heads west tonight and then go out when it's not so hot out. Tomorrow is garbage day so we want to get all of that out in the trash.

Went out to breakfast this morning with some friends. Then honey took me to Office Max and I got a new desk chair. The hydrolic lift on mine died long ago and my back really kills me when I sit too long, and I sit too long, way too much!

Tina: I knew that card fit you perfectly! Glad you enjoyed it.

Barb: 4.6 pounds, WOW!!! Good for you!

Kat: Hope your big bash is going well!

Amanda: Luckily my hair didn't fall out the other day, but it sure is frizzy and doesn't seem to want to hold the curl anymore. Time for a trim, I guess.

Terri: Hope the visit with your mom and sister went well.

Mary: How's your arm? Being numb all the time isn't fun. Have you checked out a chiropractor? I wouldn't be without mine!

2cute: Sounds like you need to do a better job of hiding. Should of known your daughter would find you at the computer, where else would you be????

Deb: Now that you've had time to get that 'hating myself right now" attitude out of your system, tomorrow is a new day, new week....just make the best of it and you'll have some pounds down by the time the wedding rolls around.

Lucky: Seems like your statement: "I always saw myself as I am now." has gotten alot of us thinking. My problem is, I truly don't know what 145 or 150 looks like anymore. I look at women and think I wouldn't mind being their size, but I've no clue what they weight. Guess I'll just have to keep losing until I get to somewhere like I would like to look and be satisfied whatever the number is.

Tina: "Tone", **** NO! That was ATTITUDE with a capital "A". Geez, honey, take a chill pill!!!! This too will pass!!! back at ya!!!

Justme: Glad you found us over here. It was nice to have our little chat last night. Hope you'll check in often.

JoeAnne: Keep it up, you're doing GREAT!!!

I think I caught everyone. If not, it wasn't because I wasn't trying and I do apologize.

I'm going to run. I think I'll be grilling chicken breasts for dinner tonight. I think I'll make some extra so I have them for salads this week. I don't think the Strawberry Pie recipe has been posted lately so here goes:

Strawberry Pie
1 WW point per 1/6 of pie

1 pound sliced strawberries
1 small pkg. sugar free strawberry jello
1 small pkg. sugar free, fat free instant vanilla pudding mix
1 1/4 cup water

Cut strawberries into a 9" pie plate, mounding in the center.

Put water, jello mix and pudding mix into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over strawberries. Refrigerate for several hours until set.

To change the flavor, change berries and jello flavor.

When I'm making this for at home, I don't put it in a crust as the mixture solidifies real nice so you can cut it. When I'm serving it to guests or taking it with me to a picnic, I put it in a reduced fat graham cracker crust, but then you have to add WW points, calories, fat, whatever for the crust.

"Even moderation ought not be practiced to excess." - Anonymous

Last edited by thinthinker; 07-06-2003 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:17 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Mom and sis headed home this afternoon. It was a nice visit with almost all the family. Mom, sis and I had a lesiurely day yesterday. It was just too darn hot so all we did was go out for lunch and then to prowl Hobby Lobby. We rested during the afternoon watching, "Two Weeks Notice". We met at the oldest brother's house around 5:30 for light snacks, cocktails and time to visit. Then off to dinner at 7. Food was great but horrendously priced and the party behind us was so incredibly loud we couldn't even hear ourselves. And we're a rowdy group. We all met back at our house for dessert. Today was church and then lunch. Do you notice a trend there - food, food, food. DH and I are ready to get back on our South Beach eating plan.

I didn't make it to WI on Saturday. I was up and ready to go until I happened to check my scales at home and saw that I was up 6 pounds. I was more than pi$$ed. It was all water because I had eaten some stupid peanuts the day before plus the humidity was unbelievable yesterday. There was no way I was going and have a gain. Stupid on my part not to be more careful with the salty foods before a WI. I've been drinking water galore and the scale is much kinder today. Which figures.

I haven't read all the thread. Sounds like everyone is doing well and had a good weekend. I'm all prepped to hit it hard next week. I've got my eye on seeing 249 on the scale by 7/15 so it will take lots of planning, focus and exercise.

Have a great Sunday evening and start of the week! Take care!
Old 07-06-2003, 07:19 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Here's from Thin's old post:

Snickers Pie
3 Points Per Serving

1 pint Vanilla Non-Fat Frozen Yogurt, softened

2 tbls Chunky Peanut Butter

1/2 package Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Mix

1/2 cup Non-Dairy Topping

1 tsp Chocolate Syrup

In a large bowl: 1 pint Vanilla Non-Fat Frozen Yogurt, softened in microwave for 1 minute high 2 tbls Chunky Peanut Butter 1/2 package Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Mix 1/2 cup Non-Dairy Topping Mix well and pour into 8" pie tin. Freeze until set. Before serving drizzle 1 tsp Chocolate Syrup over entire pie in swirl motion.

Serves 8
Old 07-06-2003, 07:28 PM   #29  

Well this certainly is a busy thread. Just a few hours and there's already a ton of posts. WOW! You are all really on the ball. I like that there's always something new to motivate me.

Today was a great day, I just finished giving myself a manicure and pedicure. Complete with a little silver star on my pink toe.

As for the recipe, I'll give you all what I am making for dinner tonight.

Indonesian Chicken and Rice

12 Chicken breast tenders cut into halves
1 Green onion, chopped
2 TBS Peanut Oil
1 TBS Soy sauce
1 Clove garlic, minced
Hot cooked brown rice

Marinate the chicken, peanut oil, soy sauce and garlic for about 20 minutes. Throw it all into a wok or fry pan and sizzle it up. Serve over rice and garnish with green onion. Makes 4 servings

I like to add lots of steamed broccoli to make it a rounded meal. Just 393 calories per serving and 11g of fat.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:13 PM   #30  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi! I went back and edited the Strawberry Pie info. I found my sheet and it said 1/6 of the pie is 1 WW point, not 1/4 of the pie. Ooops. Also, you can change the flavor simply by changing berries and the flavor of the jello. We really like the berry mix from Schwan's with a mixed fruit jello. Also I'll do fresh berries: strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries and it turns out wonderful.

Terri: Thanks for picking up the ball and posting the Snickers Pie recipe. I got a recipe from my WW meeting for Peanut Butter Pie and it's the same thing only no chocolate pudding. That's the version I made to take to my IL's and everyone liked it. * Sounds like you and the family had a really nice visit. I'm glad it all turned out well for you. I love family get-togethers. I'm an only child, so I have to rely on honey's family for that.

Justme: Thanks for the chicken recipe. Sounds wonderful. * Also sounds like you had a great primping day. I have stars on my pinkies and thumbs in honor of the 4th. Honey can't wait until tomorrow though, he is not impressed with my bright red nail polish, so I promised him it was only for last week because of the Fourth of July.

I'm gonna run. Just checked in to change the stats on that pie and figured I would write a minute too.
Closed Thread