Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraphin View Post
hi munchy

can you tell me please, what is quesadilla? i thought i knew food but i have never heard of this.
It's basically a tortilla (corn or flour) "sandwich" with cheese and fillings, made crispy in a pan.

LINK

My daughter probably eats black bean and cheese quesadillas 2-3 times a week for lunch or dinner. I like mine with chicken and plenty of chopped mushrooms, spinach, peppers, and scallions - and lots of jalapenos

It's a great quick meal, and can be very low calorie if you know what to pick. High fiber/low calorie flour tortillas folded in half or using two small corn tortillas can run you around 100 calories. Depending on fillings, it can be pretty healthy if you don't use too much cheese!

Old 12-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #122  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Huggerbunny - I'm very sorry to hear about your difficult situation. I don't presume to know how it feels, and I don't know where you are at spiritually, but prayer is the most powerful tool there is and I will pray for wisdom and strength for you. Everything WILL be ok.

I have to leave work early today to go to my doctor for that follow up visit he requested. Something in my blood work he wants to talk to me about - hopefully it's just my cholesterol. It would suck if it were a blood sugar or liver issue

Today is a toss-up but here's what I have with me today:

B - trader joe's high fiber cereal w/unsweetened almond milk
S1 - organic banana
L - organic sprouted tofu w/jarlsberg light and avocado salsa
S2 - raw almonds (if I get hungry, I may not have time for them()

Dinner - I am either going to put the spinach and feta pizza I have from Trader Joe's in the oven, or I'll make something from Omaha Steaks. We just got these filet mignon spring rolls that I'm dying to try! Maybe a little high calorie but I plan to go do cardio when I'm done at the doc's.

Have a great day! VEGAS IN 10 DAYS!
Old 12-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Huggerbunny, I'm so sorry you're going through these issues. I hope God blesses you with a baby. Have you tried meditation to help with stress? Maybe that will help. Have you gone to an acupuncturist? I've heard that might help, too. Just suggestions. All the best to you!

Alaskalaughter, how is your situation with that creepy guy? Has all been settled? I give you a lot of credit for dealing with this problem and staying in control with food.

Seraphin, welcome! Do you live in Australia? How is the weather there now?

Diana, I hope your day is a good one without lots of stress. TGIF!!

I'm doing pretty well with this vegan diet and I also exercised today. The weather is still 28 degrees this morning, which is kind of exciting and rather cold for us here in the SW - since we usually experience weather around 100 degrees! But not complaining. I feel very bad for the people living in Minnesota or other places with below 0 degree weather.

Exercise: 10 minutes of Pilates, 30 minutes of an aerobics DVD
Breakfast: oatmeal, coconut water, coffee, spinach, bread
Lunch: pumpkin, soy patty, almonds
Dinner: eggs with mushrooms and tomatoes, broccoli, cracker, banana

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Last edited by tyla; 12-06-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #124  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

HuggerBunny you're in my thoughts and prayers, sorry you have the added pressure of timing, the decision itself is hard enough. Best wishes to you and your DH.

Ian safe travels, I tried an egg, poached but a little too cooked, in the oats, excellent, looking forward to trying again, really held me over, too. I liked the oyster salad so much I had it again today.

Syckgrlsfv best of luck with your drs. appt. I wish we had a a Trader Joe's and Whole Foods close enough to shop. Have a great trip, it's coming fast!

Got in a mile and a half walk while getting my oil changed, so that's a plus.
Best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 12-06-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #125  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post
[B]Syckgrlsfv best of luck with your drs. appt. I wish we had a a Trader Joe's and Whole Foods close enough to shop. Have a great trip, it's coming fast!
thanks for the well wishes! I booked my trip like, 4 months ago or something like that, and with school it's gone by so fast I hardly time to think about it!
Old 12-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #126  

Height: 5'9"

HuggerBunny do everything in you power to have a baby now. This way you will never have any "What If" regrets!! I've noticed that when we do our part, God/The Universe/Miracles often meets us half-way.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Hello.

Exercise:30 minutes moderate paced walk

Food:

1 cup of oatmeal-2
1/2 banana
1 English muffin-3
veg bacon-.5
mozzarella cheese-2

2 cups of coffee with cream-2
banana bread-6

mushroom soup-6
cabbage, red onion-0
tomato sauce-2
1 cup fat free cottage cheese-3
2 tsp. olive oil-2
Old 12-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #128  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Huggerbunny, if you and your husband are ready to have a baby do it now or the price will just keep going up. I do not pretend to know what your issues are but as soon as you get into donor egg or adoption territory you are looking at serious cash. If you are not at those stages yet, things are cheaper. So pay now or a lot more later. If you are at the donor egg or adoption stages, then it doesn't really matter whether you go for it now or wait a little longer. Just my 2 cents.

Down 0.6lbs today. Nice. To 168.8. Haven't seen that number for some time.

Breakfast: Oats with non-fat milk, maple syrup, a little vanilla, dried apricots and cinnamon. 1 coffee, milk, no sugar.

Lunch: Kippers, sardines, pan-seared scallops, seaweed, blueberries, blackberries, red onion, spinach, lentils, kimchi, spicy hummus, tsatsiki, 4 olives stuffed with almonds.

Dinner: Will eat and drink on the plane. It's an 11.30pm flight and I will enjoy the food. I will go for a fish option if there is one.

Exercise: Did 1 hour of weight training in the morning. Ran 6.72 miles before lunch. I really tried hard to get some good exercise in today as tomorrow will be a forced rest day due to the flight to Turkey.

Last edited by IanG; 12-06-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #129  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

the creepy caller has not called this week....frankly i'm surprised....i did talk with a police officer yesterday who is putting in the search warrant to get the phone records to trace the calls....in this small town, the officer's daughter used to go to my program and now that she's a teenager, he said he'd like to have me hire her this summer LOL....im actually very surprised that this situation hasn't thrown me for an eating loop because the caller has made sexual comments about my body

my niece didn't come home last night which stressed us out...luckily i had no mid-morning work obligations and she walked home by 9 a.m....she had fallen asleep at her boyfriend's place *sigh* but she felt really badly for not coming home to her daughter last night

i took them grocery shopping because niece has food stamps and uses that to contribute to our groceries....which i dont mind because we're pretty tight on money and if niece wasn't buying groceries for the house, she'd be blowing her food stamps on junk food and rockstars lol

tonight teenager is going to a dance....eating so far is good today....had a good weight workout and pushed it a little harder on the weight amounts
Old 12-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #130  

Today had a Liver Detox drink ~ garlic, olive oil, coconut oil, ginger, lemon juice, lime juice, water and ice. Blend. I felt very spacey, loopy, and like taking a nap, and not hungry at all, so something was working. It was horrid to drink in the beginning, but then I liked it at the end! LOL.

Had Chicken Parm. with milk for lunch. Coffee.

Two illicit cookies

And a taco salad without the taco shell for dinner and milk
Old 12-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #131  
living in the moment

S/C/G: 100kg/81.2kg/58kg

Height: 158cm

thank you munchy! tyla our weather is FINE today - beautiful spring weather. time for gardening or just enjoying the day! thanks for asking. yes, austrailia, south australia to be exact. :-)

Last edited by saraphin; 12-06-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #132  

alaskanlaughter he knows something is in the air (his potential arrest!) so he has intuitively stopped calling. I hope he gets caught!!
Old 12-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #133  
living in the moment

hi everyone on this thread/forum. i have not eaten today yet but it will be the usual meal replacement muck optifast shake with metamucil for breakfast, optifast soup for lunch, optifast chocolate bar for afternoon snack, and low-starch vegetables for dinner. wonderful. i am actually getting tired of this. but it seems to work. just another few weeks to go. till the end of jan is my plan and then transition phase, followed by maintenance, then stabilization. apparently i have to go through all 4 phases to teach myself how to re-introduce the proper sized servings of good food into my life.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #134  
living in the moment

hi again! i'm writing another message to show you my cute 3FC ticker that's in imperial measurement. (we use metric in australia if you didn't know). i am not confident that i'll lose the rest of my ugly fat (but i WON'T give up! - no way, and i already bought the stuff + a dreadmill + my husband would KILL me!) LOL.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #135  
Began on 10/25/13

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Ian, we wouldn't go into IVF or egg donation or anything and my husband unfortunately does not want to adopt, so we wouldn't be dumping tons of money into trying to conceive a baby.

This is what I had today.

Breakfast:
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 Clementine oranges

Dinner:
2 lettuce wraps filled with turkey, tomatoes, a little cheddar, and a little dressing

Snack:
1 piece of hard candy

Last edited by HuggerBunny; 12-07-2013 at 04:16 AM.
Closed Thread