Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggerBunny View Post
Lioness, that wedding sounds awesome! Ours was small, too. My sandals were actually flip flops (NICE ones!), it led to an awkward moment when my mother-in-law realized that I wasn't kidding when I said I'd purchased flip flops to wear at the wedding!

Oh jeez, going to Victoria's Secret is so awkward. I feel like I don't belong in there because I'm definitely bigger than any sizes they offer, but I like their smelly soaps and stuff. At least the employees have been very nice whenever I've gone in Good luck earning your new undies and your vacation, sounds awesome!!
I feel awkward in Victoria's too and my husband makes things worse by picking things that I have no chance of wearing for a while. But I too love their lotions and perfumes. I stock up every year during their X-Mas sales.

My end goal reward is St. Lucia. We're going in June. We were married in Ocho Rios at a Sandals's resort and have been wanting to go back for awhile, but you know life and all that. Our wedding and honeymoon combined was less than $3000 and totally worth every penny. We had a blast in Jamaica. We've been saving for years now and I am determined to be swimsuit ready, or close enough to it. I'm already weighing less now than I did when we went, so WOOT! I'm considering a vow renewal ceremony just so I can get into a dress that didn't make me look like a giant white whale..... Probably not the best reason for that though LOL.

Someone on here at one point had a really good idea with charm bracelets... A new charm for every 10 lbs they lost. I always though that was a neat idea, but I don't wear much jewelry.
FickleHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #17  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

When I tell my husband that I am going to spend an OBSCENE amount of money at VS he just grins and says "and that bothers me why?" or "oh...darn" LOL.

I like the idea of a charm bracelet as well, but like you, not a lot of jewelry going on here. Especially things around my wrists that get in my way.

I do however have a plan for a tattoo mural. I was going to do pieces of it with every ten pounds...BUT...since it is for my back/arm I decided not to start it until my back and arm was not going to change shape so dramatically. The last thing I need is saggy cherry blossoms!

OO St. Lucia! That is a good one too. If we could afford it even at all I would convince my husband to do Bora Bora, or Bali, or Phuket, or the Maldives. But...cannot. So Hawaii it is. Maybe I will consider the Bahamas...he has been, I have not. All I know is like you, I am going to look good on the beach. Maybe in a bathing suit, maybe in a sarong, or maybe in a sexy dress that makes me look fantastic. And personally, I think that renewing your vows because you want to feel sexy on your wedding day is as good as a reason as any!
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #18  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Huggerbunny— If you don't know about 'em already, you should totally check out the jigsaw puzzles at Pomegranate.com: put "puzzles" into the search field to find them. They're about 19 bucks for 1000 pieces, very high quality. I have several of 'em! =smile=

My rewards.... Well, since I have a total of 220 pounds to lose, there will be a lot of little rewards along the way. For the first 50 pounds, I gave myself a handmade coffee mug with Godzilla's face painted on it. (I adore Godzilla.) For getting into size 4X (I started out a 6X), I gave myself a new tie-dye T-shirt and a new pair of leggings.

As for bigger rewards, well... I'm kind of saving my money, because some people who lose that much weight end up having issues with loose skin, and needing plastic surgery—which insurance doesn't cover, or only partly covers. I'd love to think about going to Hawaii (I've been there 3 times, and I really dig the windward side of Oahu), but I need to assume worst-case scenario—that I will need plastic surgery. =sigh=

I think one of my biggest rewards, all the way down, will be getting rid of the piles & piles of clothes in all different sizes that are taking up so much space in our house! I'm been so many different sizes over the years, and I've saved everything that was still in good shape, so I feel like a clothes hoarder. I'm really looking forward to a compact size-10 wardrobe, one that will fit in my bedroom closet.

I do plan to get a tattoo of the Sanskrit word shānti in Devanagari script, three times on my inner forearm. Shānti means inner peace, tranquility.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #19  
Began on 10/25/13

Fiona, thanks for the puzzle website suggestion! I love puzzles. A lot of people think that's really weird, it seems like most people really don't like doing them. I'm definitely not one of them, though! Most of the time I have a puzzle going. Earlier this year I had a terrible cold (or something, it was unlike any cold I've ever had!) and it was really painful. I forget how many puzzles I did during that time, but it was a lot! It was one of the only things that could distract me from my throat hurting so badly.

FickleHearts, I'm actually planning to do the charm bracelet thing as well. While I'm not super into jewelry, I do often wear a silver chain with a pendant (I have probably 15 different pendants to pick from, most were gifts from my mom or husband) and I have a Pandora bracelet that I adore. While I like the idea of amassing charms for weight loss, I'm super selective about putting charms on it. After owning the bracelet two years, I only have 5 charms because I'm acquiring them slowly on purpose. When I do finish losing all my weight, I plan to get a charm (maybe the cupcake they sell!) because it IS a big deal, but I don't want to get a charm for reaching each weight loss goal. Might get one halfway through losing the weight, I'm still trying to decide. If I do, it will be an owl and serve as a tiny daily reminder to remain vigilant in regards to my health and make wise choices!
HuggerBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #20  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Bunny- I LOVE puzzles too. Unfortunately I don't do them much because I font have anywhere to keep one laid out. My kids are adults and older teensgers, but they still cannot keep their hands off stuff! Pieces would be missing forever. So, I don't think it's a weird hobby. Not any more than my knitting and needlework is lol.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote