Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 01:23 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and ready to try again... #359

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME
Old 07-01-2003, 01:25 PM   #2  

Did anyone else have problems getting on the boards today???
I tried all morning. Grrrrr
Oh well.. we are back and running now.
I don't have time to post... just wanted to read some and saw we needed a new thread.
I will be back later.
Old 07-01-2003, 01:45 PM   #3  
You and Me in 2003

I couldn't get on all morning
Old 07-01-2003, 02:20 PM   #4  

I was on once this a.m. then all of the sudden I was off and could not get back on to 3fc this a.m. but someone emailed me and said that they were doing maint. or something.

I've been to the shore all day cleaning the camper out....finally got it all washed down, drawers, cabinets and all. Seems that some little mice or chipmunks or whatever decided to take up residence over the winter. We leave Thursday night to go down and camp, but it's only about a 5 minute car ride from home, so close enough to do the dogs and come home and shower and maybe if noone is around I can peek in... .

Talk to you all later,
Sandy
Old 07-01-2003, 03:43 PM   #5  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!
I hope you are all having a great day! It's been crazy here. I didn't get to stop working long enough for lunch so I just ate a granola bar, carrots and a plum. That should hold me over til dinner. I'm thinking about making chicken fajitas tonight.

I can't stay right now, but wanted to pop in and say hello!

Talk to you later!
Barb
Old 07-01-2003, 03:45 PM   #6  

Hi there! I am new here. Well, if truth be told. I'm one of those infamous lurkers!! I had a quick question, and thought you ladies would undertand more than anyone..... My husband and I are planning on going on a cruise, and I'm wondering if weight and size will be an issue for me? I'm concerned about all the chairs with arms, etc. Have any of you great ladies been on a cruise? Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2003, 04:30 PM   #7  

Hiya, Sophiebonz,

I went on a Disney cruise two years back at ~330 lbs. I found that most of the chairs had arms (I was too ashamed to ask for an armless chair -- inlaw issues -- but I think they were available) and I also had difficulty fitting into their theatre seats (I eventually sat down on the steps). I don't remember getting any looks and the cruise staff were very kind. The cabin showers were a bit cramped but it worked out okay. I even went to get one of the spa treatments and was treated very well. Overall, I was really impressed with the experience and would like to go again (without the inlaws...at least some of them ).

BarbJ
Old 07-01-2003, 06:09 PM   #8  
BELIEVE!

Hi Sophie -
I agree w/ BarbJ's response. Hubby and I love to cruise. We have our 3rd one scheduled in October. Some of the things depend on the cruise line. Our first cruise was on Carnival. For dinner we were put in a booth of 4. The booths were cramped -- luckily on the 2nd night the other women who had been seated with us moved (they were traveling w/ a large group and wanted to sit with them). So, we had the booth to ourself. Still not much room between the belly and the table, but we each had our own side. The theater's on Carnival are great --- they don't have individual seats, the rows are like really long couches -- no chair arms to worry about. All the deck chairs were fine! Our second cruise, last Nov., was on Royal Caribbean --- we faced more challenges in the public places on this ship. The dining room chairs had arms and were really uncomfy. Hubby was more uncomfy than me and he wasn't going to say anything, but on the second night our server discreetly asked if he wanted a chair without arms -- he accepted ---- I said while you're at it, I'll take one too. So, everynight for the rest of the cruise we had armless chairs in our spot. One of the other restaurants had very uncomfortable chairs --- I even saw people that weren't too heavy not liking them, but if you look around you can usually find other places with better chairs --- in this case they had some tables that were like wicker couches on one side and chairs on the other so we just sat on the couch side. The theater seats were a bit more uncomfy. We always try to sit on the end of a row.

So, our next cruise is in October and I am hoping to have none of these issues by then.

Go on your cruise and have a blast!!! You will see many people of ALL shapes and sizes. If you would like to talk more, feel free to send me a message!!!

Have FUN!!!!
Barb

P.S. BarbJ is right --- the showers are a little cozy --- for everyone --- skinny or not-so-skinny!
Old 07-01-2003, 06:53 PM   #9  
I'm on my way!

Hey you all...not to drag down the spirit here but I just want to ask you all to say a prayer for John's dad. He had the heart attack last wednesday night and has been in ICU since and had a really bad night last night. They don't think he will make it through the night tonight. John just left to go to the hospital...he's at the shore and its a two hour drive...I told him if he gets there and visiting hours are over to insist on seeing his dad since he might not make it through the night...He will be staying at his sister's house tonight and maybe the next depending on what happens here...

I'm going to go do some house cleaning and laundry or something to keep myself busy!

Talk at you all later!

Michelle
Old 07-01-2003, 07:41 PM   #10  

Michelle... my prayers are with you, John and his dad/family.
They will let him in to see his dad ... day or night here ... when they are in ICU. Especially when he has traveled so far to come see him. They just won't let you stay long.

Sophie... welcome.
I have never been on a cruise.. but go and have fun.
Most places anywhere will try and accomodate you.. you just have to ask sometimes.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:20 PM   #11  
BELIEVE!

Michelle -
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers tonight.
Hugs,
Barb
Old 07-01-2003, 08:38 PM   #12  

Hi All!

Michelle, so sorry to hear about your father in law. Praying right now for him. Praying for the family as well...sounds like a rough road ahead. Just a thought: have your hubby get the number of the nurses station and maybe scope out a nice nurse...good person to call to get info. while you're not at the hospital. Nurses were a life line when my grandfather was in the hospital.

Barb - what's your fahita (sorry for the spelling) recipe? Always think about making them but don't have a good recipe. Would love to find a good one.

Got a great Rotiserrie (sp) cookbook from the library. Has really great recipes for rubs. If anyone is interested I'll post em.

Got my scale in the mail yesterday....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weird how such things excite me. Finally got a real weight and it's lower than I thought! It's flunctuated about two lbs since this morning...anyone find that happening? Yeah, yeah...should stop playing with my toy and just weigh once a day. Got to print off a new weight chart for myself....(you can find that on the diet tools link on the main page)

Had a rough night last night. Got in a fight with one of my brothers about his life. Just so frustrating....complaining about this and that...blah blah blah. Complaining, blaming others, but not doing anything ...that kind of thing. Kept telling him to focus on what he wants and move toward it..regardless of what comes up, what people say, etc. Main point was to keep moving toward that goal. He's 12 years younger and I don't think he's grasps how fast time goes. Even as I was saying it the thought kept clicking in my head....DING DING DEB! Hopefully, that will come to mind next time Little Debbie trys to seduce me

Hope everyone had a great day and has an even greater tomorrow!

Deb
325/320/ 180

Last edited by Young Grasshopper; 07-01-2003 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:27 PM   #13  
a work in progress...

Oh bless my soul, tomorrow I will be guest free!

You know that old saying about "wearing out your welcome?"

This one has been worn to a frazzle......................

I can't wait to get back into the swing of things here...

See you all soon!

Old 07-01-2003, 10:53 PM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

Hey ladies-just a quick one. I have to thank you for all the prayers for our situation this week. God just stepped in and took care of everything. Jon ran into someone today that had said he would hire Jon in winter, Jon asked about the job and come to find out it is open right now. He will be working 4 10hr. shifts. It is a county job so it should have benefits and it still leaves plenty of time for him to run his own business. He has to go tomorrow and fill out the paperwork. He and his new boss already shook on it. Now I need your prayers for my hubby to keep this one. He has kind of a history of not keeping jobs. It isn't always his fault, but sometimes it is. I want him to keep this one since it will really help establish us in this community. I'm just so tired of moving, I counted the other day and since we've been together about 5 yrs. we have moved 10 times. I don't want to move after we move to this trailer home. I want to stay put for a couple of years before we can buy something bigger. I just want to get caught up on everything and not have to worry about where our next dime is coming from. I don't think that is asking too much? Anyway thanks for being there for me ladies.

Michelle-our prayers are with John's father.

Old 07-01-2003, 11:35 PM   #15  
joe_anne2SUCCESS --{-@

S/C/G: 340/255.6/175

Height: 5'3"

Default Tuesday Weigh-in

Michelle, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Take care.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went to my TOPS group meeting and I had a 1 1/2 pound gain. This is within a two week period since my last weigh in.
So here I go, starting my second half of this year with a +2 pound gain since the beginning new years weight.
Now don't worry, I am not about to beat myself up over this yet, because I still got six months to go to get below this. My blood sugars are a lot better also from the beginning of the year so I a m grateful for that.
I ordered some software to help me with my eating plan, it's sold from the TOPS website, I am going to give it a try. It's main WOE is using the exchange system. I will try anything at this point but for sure not WLS.
I'll be back tomorrow to check on you all lighter. Have Blessed day friends.
Closed Thread