Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy Having "Food Attacks"

So DH and I have a saying amongst ourselves: "I had an Attack this PM". An Attack is when your Primitive Brain takes over that you become another person and you Eat a lot and Don't Care, just stand out of the way of my food!

OR when suddenly half a bag of chips/dip/food/whatever is gone and you don't even remembering eating it!!

OR when you say "I'll only have ONE piece/serving" and then it turns into three or five.

OR when you find yourself "grazing" and you stop, and you're all, "But I honestly forgot I was staying away from sugar/carbs/whatever today!!"

Sooo, I had a major Attack yesterday.

We have three kids so I will bring in one sugary treat and two salty ones a week. And Halloween is upon us. But an Attack could be eating too much Dairy or Dip or coffee with stuff in it, alcohol, or even way too much healthy food! So I have a problem!! Am two steps forward one step back, so losing, but frustrated with myself!
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #2  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I really, really hate those moments! They happen less and less frequently, because I've tried to just eliminate the common offenders from my diet. I'm fine with having stuff in the house unopened, but once it's open... goodbye, tortilla chips.

I'm not sure it's a lesson I'll ever stop re-learning; I have a tendency to over-estimate my will power and think "this time" will be OK, telling myself that it's been so long since an incident that it somehow proves I've got it under control. Then, bam, instant humility. Sometimes the regret seems to help dampen repeat occurrences - in the short term, anyway. I've made corn bread twice this past month, and while the first was an ugly "where did half the pan go?," the last piece of this batch has been sitting there for a few days.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Oh, I totally understand. My food attacks me, too. Seriously, my first thought was that this was about how food attacked you, but when I got to thinking about it, it does feel that way. I never have to ask myself why I ate an entire head of lettuce because I've never done that. But an entire bag of chips.....you could probably get me to swear that it attacked me and forced me to eat the whole thing.

Wish I knew a simple cure for this problem that so many of us share. Guess if I did I'd be rich -- in many ways!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiderata View Post
I have a tendency to over-estimate my will power and think "this time" will be OK.
So true! I still catch myself thinking, "Starting tomorrow, this will be a piece of cake!" (pun intended)

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote