Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #1  

Default No exercise = over eating that day?

I have a huge problem staying on track eating wise on a day I don't exercise. Typically if I work out first thing in the morning, I'm good all day. Yesterday I had my workout taken from me when last minute dh decided he was not going to watch the kids so I could workout, he went back to sleep. Same today ( dh didnt watch kids again).

The workout has to be intense too. A walk won't keep me out of the fridge, but jogging until I'm beat will. I've always been like this. Its a huge issue because I cannot workout out every single day.

Anyone else?
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/154

Height: 5'6''

I know your pain. I have almost no time to exercise, the only exercise I have time to is biking to/from work and university. And I don't know why, not exercising is a big incentive to eat more..!

For me, what works is rationalizing when I decide to eat. If I decide to go attack the fridge, I give myself 15 minutes to see if I really need to eat what I feel like eating. Often, the craving goes away and I go find another distraction besides food.

Or simply try to fit morning workouts in your schedule, if you can! These feel so great!
anity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/127/120

Height: 5'4

Take your kids outside and run around with them to the point of exhaustion.
Zima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

Ooh, I'm so happy you posted this! I completely understand, although it's not really a conscious thing I have noticed this trend in myself and my fiance. I just don't feel so mindlessly munchy after a good workout for some reason. I wonder if there is some science behind this?
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Lecomtes, I do believe there's more than just psychology going on. Here's a relevant article: http://www.naturalnews.com/031459_leptin_insulin.html#
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/120/105

Height: 5'0

Every time i workout i'm less likely to eat crap. The way i see it is, i just busted my ***, not worth gaining it all back by eating stuff i know i shouldn't. Now, that doesn't always happen though, and even with my workout, i end up giving in :/
NatalieI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

In addition to luckymommys article, here's a bunch more.

For me, it's more like NatalieI said -- I hate to waste the workout.
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:53 AM   #8  
Girl from Rio

S/C/G: 242/See ticker/118

Height: 5 2"

IŽll definitely read those articles. Same thing happens to me, and in my head it should be the other way around, if I burn more calories it should be harder to stay on track, no the other way around...

Lately, I have only been able to exercise fri, sat and sun... no nearly enough to get me where I want to be...
carol2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #9  

Thank you everyone, especially for the links. I guess its not just me, but it just seems like such a difference its ridiculous!

If I don't workout I will eat all day (if I allow myself). Whether I'm hungry or not, I'm wanting to eat.

But days I workout (like today) I will only eat when I'm truly hungry, eat smaller portions easily and I feel no need to binge.

I actually get anxious at the thought of not getting my workout in! Like tomorrow I have a lot going on and I have to try to workout during the baby's nap which is still unpredictable time wise. Oh I hope I can do it!
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #10  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Yup, me too. Same pattern... ugh.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote