Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #61  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Bindii I'm so glad you got out for a walk. I am sure your neighbors are not giggling... everyone loves to see people taking charge and making changes. You go!

MamaP You can re-lose what you have gained. I know; I am proof of it. I had 2 really bad years and put it all back on, and then some. Now I'm back to where I had gotten down to, and have lost even more. I still struggle. I still relapse. But I'm still here and working. You can do it, too. I'm so sorry to read about your mother's passing, and how difficult it has been.

Okay. I have not been accountable for the last few days. I don't dare step on the scale. I will tomorrow, though. Ugh, I am so sick of myself, so sick of these patterns. But back on the horse today, as the old cliche goes.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #62  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Up 1.2lbs today.

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toasted low-calorie bread with raw mushrooms and mayo light. A few olives. 1 coffee, milk, no sugar.

Lunch: Smoked Oregon albacore tuna, Salted mackeral, salted cod, haddock, lettuce, snap peas, radish, pickled garlic, tomato, brussel sprouts, beets, hot and sweet pickle relish, red onion, corn, kidney beans, black beans, olives, hemp seeds, tsatsiki, olive hummus.

Dinner: Will drink lots of beer (Green Flash Imperial IPA)

Exercise: Ran 10k in 1 hour.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #63  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Kris Thank you for coming back. We have a long history and have both been through so much. I have checked on you here and there to see if you have been on here or have posted. I never wanted to bother you, but just know you have been thought of often. We lost our Mom's around the same time. It was a very tragic time for us.

Diana ~ You have been thought of often as well. Even though I wasn't posting I would occasionally come back and "check" on you and a few others. My heart just hasn't been in much of anything for a while so my focus has pretty much been on daily survival (and the grandbabies). Although I don't feel much better I think it's time I take a more proactive approach to life and focus on doing things that will improve my overall health and quality of life. I think I could easily just lay down and be done, but I'm choosing not to do that. Happiness needs to become a conscious choice and hopefully, eventually, happiness & joy will be a natural byproduct of my life. Until then, I'll "Fake it 'til I make it."
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #64  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
MamaP You can re-lose what you have gained. I know; I am proof of it. I had 2 really bad years and put it all back on, and then some. Now I'm back to where I had gotten down to, and have lost even more. I still struggle. I still relapse. But I'm still here and working. You can do it, too. I'm so sorry to read about your mother's passing, and how difficult it has been.
Thank you.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #65  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I love how everyone introduced themselves this month. I am Kat and I have been MIA here and there since summer due to a lot of house drama. But I watch what I eat because I have Celiac's disease which reaks havoc on my already taxed body. Like so many, I have thyroid issues (Hashimoto's disease) with the added bonus of Limb-girdle muscular dystriphy (yay me). Every day is a trial of something, if not physical I get to deal with being Bipolar too

Even with all that nonesense, I refuse to give up. Against the wishes of doctors, I do exercise (walking, hiking and the Wii). I am a strict low carber, no higher than 75grams a day. Since 2010 I've been avidly working on a healthier me. For the most part, I am cane free and with 100+ pounds down, I am at the best health of my life...there are no cures, only management and its a lot easier to manage weighing less.

That's me in a nutshell. I hope eveyone has a wonderful and healthy day
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #66  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

For yesterday:

Exercise: Ran 3.12 miles.

Breakfast: Coffee with maple syrup, fresh pear on Ezekiel toast with cinnamon.

Lunch: Chickpea and edamame salad; tomato soup, a frozen banana.

Dinner: A large-ish martini with 2 queen olives; pinto bean tostadas with roasted veggies, guac, sriracha.

For today:

Exercise: Strength routine.

Breakfast: Coffee with stevia, 2 ezekiel toast with natural pb.

Lunch: Lentil salad; Sunshine burger wrapped in big red cabbage leaf with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and sriracha.

(Planned) Dinner: Sauteed sugar snap peas in evoo and garlic; vegetable korma with rice and dal (frozen meal); apple.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 10-04-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #67  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

TGIF!!!!!

I'm so TIRED! didn't get to bed until midnight and up and 6:15! Professor even let us out at 9:30, but I'm too wound up to sleep when I get home...oh well. I hope I don't let it keep me from the gym after work today - I don't get enough exercise while in school!

Another pound gone! I'm only 2 pounds from where I was when I went to Vegas for 4th of July...I need to lose 10 more to be where I really want to be.

Haven't eaten yet - but I will after I run to a meeting real quick!

Breakfast is going to be greek yogurt, honey, almonds, pumpkin pie spice.
Lunch same as yesterday - turkey/tomato/mushroom skillet over black re-frieds.

meeting time!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #68  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Just saw this on Facebook . . .

Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip Toe if you must, but take the step.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 230/230/130

Height: 5ft 6

Good going everyone

Hit 1260 calories today, still under my limit. Been super busy today with uni but didn't drop the diet. Day off tomorrow though!
MintyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #70  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
For yesterday:

Dinner: A large-ish martini with 2 queen olives; pinto bean tostadas with roasted veggies, guac, sriracha.

Lunch: Lentil salad; Sunshine burger wrapped in big red cabbage leaf with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and sriracha.

(Planned) Dinner: Sauteed sugar snap peas in evoo and garlic; vegetable korma with rice and dal (frozen meal); apple.
what's a sunshine burger? mmmm your breakfast sounds good!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #71  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckgirlsfv View Post
what's a sunshine burger? mmmm your breakfast sounds good!
It's a vegan patty thingy... very tasty (to me) and they don't have any gluten, wheat, soy, corn, oats, dairy, eggs, tree nuts, or peanuts. http://www.sunshineburger.com/

nom nom nom
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

checking in....today was a day.... having jaw/ear pain on my right side... and major sickness going around my school... so I took it easy...

at least I'm checking in....
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #73  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

it was a rest day from the gym for me only because my day was nearly entirely filled with work so far...worked the morning shift, did some errands, went to a long meeting, hauled some food around for our snack program. thank goodness for weight training! those cases of canned fruits are HEAVY!! and now i'm still working til 6 p.m.....and tonight i have to get bills/budgeting done because i wont have time for it all in the morning....and i have to pay property taxes and no one seems to be at the city office today grrr

yesterday while most of my students were outside after school at recess, there was a BEAR on the playground....while my staff quickly brought the children in, the bear just wandered around the playground for awhile and then went off into the brush on the other side, headed towards the river...a few weeks ago at a school that's under construction here, renovations, a worker left a back door open and a bear wandered through the halls and classrooms before being shooed back outside... fun fun!
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #74  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Wow, AlaskanLaughter - I can't imagine a bear on the playground! Here we are overrun with deer and sometimes turkeys. But I've only seen a bear once.

Food accountability - meh. Once I decide to go off plan, I go off plan. I need to fight harder against that first bite.

Exercise accountability - I went for a 5.5 mile hilly walk. Beautiful fall weather here.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #75  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Kris Your first day was probably better than previous days. So we will call that a WIN for you! Thank you for sharing that quote.

Zima I agree that skating is a great workout! I used to skate at one time. Never got good at it and was always scared. I hope you are not coming down with something. Maybe TTOM?

Psychic Have fun tonight.

Newleaf Good job on the 5.5 miles!

Ian Now you are drinking "lots of beer". Keep hanging in there. I hope things are calm this weekend.

Mamakat Keep up the great work and for setting a good example. Especially when being faced with obstacles and struggles.

Mrs Snark Good job on your day!

Syckgirlsfv Congrats on the pound!

MintyBadger Enjoy your weekend!

time4me2change
I hope you are not getting anything too serious. Feel better.

Alaskanlaughter Hmm, that bear sounds scary. Glad no one got hurt. I hope you have a nice weekend.

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-04-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote