Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/140

Height: 5'1

So....I am still sweet free! YAY!!! My DH and I went out to dinner last night where we are known...I always get asked...do you want the dessert menu...last night it gave me great pleasure to say no thank you. I have challenged myself to no sweets for 30 days. The server was like...man...I should do that...I have to have a cookie every day!
KYgirlinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #17  

So here it is....day 19....and still NO sweets! I am super excited that I have made it this far. It's been a great accomplishment....I didn't think I would be able to do it. I am still all in on the no sweets. I have been eating fruit smoothies...trying to make that my "sweet" for the day! It seems to be working....because I don't want the sweets. I will admit that I was tempted yesterday when I was grocery shopping....but I walked away and told myself NO...you are doing so good! Keep it up!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #18  

Location: Anchorage AK in the summer, Lawrence KS and travel in the winter

S/C/G: High 285+ 256/ticker/160ish

Height: 5'6"

Excellent job. We went to Costco today and they have a couple of temptations there. I just keep on walking. If they sold things by the piece it might be a different story should an occasion be warranted.

Fruit smoothies are our sweet treats too. Our old dog had her 13th birthday which calls for a vanilla ice cream cone, Tastee freeze, Dairy Queen or the like for her. Normally we take a bite off of the top and she gets the rest. I had my taste and it was blah. I like my fruit smoothies/shakes better. A revelation.

Carry on with the good work.
vintagecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 250/250/175

Height: 5'9"

Good for you! I love the idea of having fruit as a sweet treat! I'm a total sugar addict and know that dropping the habit will be one of the hardest things I ever do! Keep up the good work and keep us posted! Anymore tips you pick up along the way would be good to know, too!
Tweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/140/130

Height: 5'8

Way to go vintagecat and KYgirlinSC!

KY looks like you're well on your way to 30 days.

I made it 6 weeks. A few days ago I had sourdough bread, orange juice and cookies. No one tempted or pressured me, I just wanted a certain type of meal and went for it.

The next day, I had sourdough bread again, orange juice and no cookies.

The following day, I was back to no sugar. I craved it more than usual, but did not binge on sugar and carbs like I normally would. I splurged and went back to business as usual.

I'll be honest, I hated my actions for that first day and part of the 2nd day. Then I tried on my size 6 pants and they still fit just fine. I reminded myself you don't gain alllll your weight back in two unhealthy meals or lose it allll in two healthy meals.

Back to no sugar until the next time I *choose* to have it. I love that it feels like a real choice and not this uncontrollable urge. I think that's what a lifestyle choice is? Deciding sugar is not part of my regular nutritional intake. It's just off the menu in general. Not forbidden, just not part of my modus operandi.

Last edited by PorkyPiggin; 09-19-2013 at 11:17 PM.
PorkyPiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

I used to jump through all kinds of hoops trying to justify why I should have sweets. Like you, I felt I needed every evening to end in something sweet. I even went so far as to go on a lolly diet - yes you heard correct. the theory is to eat healthily every day then have any bag of lollies after dinner (but not chocolate). Well it sounded good, but in reality I just wasn't satisfied with that one bag of lollies and ended up wanting more sweets. Like you I finally came to the conclusion that I just needed to give up the sweets completely. I swapped evening sweets for Greek fruit yoghurt, then later on down the track slowly allowed myself a small sweet treat, a tube of mini M&M's or something similar. This is working for me, but I have stayed away from the cakes at this stage because they're too many points, but I did have a surprise moment about a month ago when the boss brought in apple turnovers for morning tea. I couldn't be rude and not eat it, so I made allowances for it and I enjoyed it by savouring each bite. I'm starting to notice lately that sweets are not having the same hold over me as they were. I halved a 50g pack of jelly beans last night and it was enough, I didn't crave any more. Keep us posted with your progress and good luck!
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #22  

So I realized that I haven't updated in few days....still doing good...no sweets and coming in on 30 days! I can't believe it! I am so excited about this! On Saturday I will let myself finally have a sweet!!!
Old 09-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #23  

Soooo....I made through the 30 days with no sweets!!!! Yay for me! I am super excited....but I have to share this story with you all...last night I went to a friends wedding...and was asked to eat a homemade praline that was made by the brides mom...I took one bite..and flinched from the amount of sugar that was in it...it was WAY TOO sweet for me! That is a huge step for me! Thanks to everyone who supported me...and I am moving forward in my journey with less sugar in my diet!:carr ot::carrot :