Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 01:34 PM   #16  

Amanda.....way to go girl....come Tuesday you will be jumping for joy all over the place. I guess fitday is working for you....now I need to keep my butt over there and do it too. I am so happy for you!!!!
Old 06-21-2003, 01:37 PM   #17  

Tina: We were posting at the same time...I am so so proud of you for resisting that plate. I don't know if I could have resisted. Mexican, especailly Nachos are my favorite dish. But you said you just had a long talk with him so he should have realized that was not the thing to do....Flowers....now that would be nice and you may have even rewarded the man with a big and tasty.

{{Hugs to you}}}
Sandy
Old 06-21-2003, 02:41 PM   #18  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Saturday morning already....

GOOD MORNING

The sun is shining and it's gonna be in the high 80's today and everything is in order. Life is good. I slept in and have an OP breakfast in my tummy and am now sipping my hazelnut coffee through a straw and think I have good sense. We love good coffee. Gotta be good coffee. There is a coffee roasting place down the mountain and we buy our beans fresh roasted from him. The local market sells his beans but they charge 50 cents more a pound. We like to avoid the "middle man" when at all possible. To answer your question TERI, BTW Hello there! Good to see you, now I at least know two of you here. Anyway ~ No we aren't traveling about the country in our RV anymore (for awhile anyway) we sold it. Will took a preaching job at the chruch here and so we decided to enjoy this area. We are just out side of Yosemite and the scenery is gorgeous. Kinda like Tennesse was but without the humidity. In fact right here in our yard is a 500 year old oak which drinks 100 to 200 barrels of water a day. That is BARRELS. Good thing there is an underground river running under this area. There is another tree just like it on the front corner of the church also. This is a huge yard and we are now doing some landscaping on it. We are also buying furniture........ remember we sold everything that wouldn't fit into that RV. Gotta go ~ cowboy just peeked in my office ~ and we are going to the market and post office. Top down weather. Did I tell you he bought me a yellow mustang convertable........ what a guy.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:07 PM   #19  
a work in progress...

Oh Maggie...that IS lovely country! Whenever we visit my in-laws, we always take a side trip to Yosemite! Breathtaking scenery! I'm with you on the coffee...I LOVE good, fresh coffee!

I'd love a cup right now, but only have time to gobble my lunch, and get back to housework! (tuna salad over lettuce, tomato, red cabbage, red onion, and radishes.) My kids, who are eating : yucky Ramen noodle soup, looked at my huge salad like, "Got enough there?" I do!

Hey, Amanda! Way to go, girl!

Tina...tell the butthead that flowers are a much better apology! My butthead pi$$ed me off last week for something, left in a huff, and came back with a bouquet. He had gone to CostCo and done some shopping and picked up the flowers there. Some lady came up to him and said, "Oh you're really gonna score points with your wife, shopping AND flowers!" She was right! BTW, congrats on such resolve...I don't know that I could turn away Mexican food!

Okay, I'm done with my salad...back to work for me...
Old 06-21-2003, 03:58 PM   #20  

HELLO OUT THERE!

Well, if I didn't get my exercise this afternoon, shame on me. I cleaned the apartment top to bottom, did the cat box, two loads of laundry (yes I am lazy, so beat me ), cleaned out the refrigerator and the oven, and scrubbed the baseboards....golly I hate these annual apartment inspections...

This on top of me being on a marathon telephone call with Brian until 4AM my time...it's a wonder I am still technically awake

Last night, we had another dandy storm...and I was shutting the house up when I realized....I was missing a CAT!
Well, being poor Tigger is scared silly of storms, I realized at the moment of all the "sound effects" he must still be outside! Well, lucky for me, the poor baby came home soaked, but not worse for wear otherwise.

It's still gloomy today, so I couldn't picked a better day to clean the house...and speaking of which, I still had my first electric bill from 1999.....a whopping total of 21 cents!
Old 06-21-2003, 05:31 PM   #21  

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs down Hope you all are having a good day

Well, I had huevos rancheros for breakfast and when I was telling Sandy about what a high energy low fat breakfast they were she asked how I made them. I thought maybe the rest of you non-westerners might enjoy a recipe for them also. These are very flexible and you can use any tex-mex style condiments you chose. (Fat free sour cream, cheese, green onions, guacamole, green chiles, etc.) We eat this about twice a week, it is a great jump start to your day, and quicker to prepare than it sounds. Once the peppers and onions are chopped the rest really goes pretty quick.

Huevos Rancheros
Flexible serving #

Tortillas 1 per person (I prefer whole wheat)
Fat free refried beans (I like the taste of Taco Bell brand best.)
Eggs 1 or 2 per person
Green and Red bell peppers cut in strips
Sweet yellow onion also cut in strips
(For my family of three we usually use about ˝ of each kind of pepper and ˝ an onion total)
Condiments of your choice. I generally use fat free sour cream, fresh tomatoes, and hot sauce.

Toast tortillas on a baking sheet until desired crispness in 400 degree oven turning once. Alternatively you could heat them in a skillet to desired crispness. (We like ours crisp.) While tortillas heat cook onions and peppers in skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat until onions caramelize. Heat refried beans and put ˝ c. on top of each tortilla. You can scramble the eggs if you prefer otherwise spray nonstick pan with cooking spray then “fry” eggs in whatever way you prefer.(i.e. over-easy) Place egg on top of beans, top with bell pepper mixture. Top with other condiments.

With one egg this is 6g. of fat and about 330 cals. (Of course depending upon condiments.)

When I start my day with this I have an easier time keeping on track because I start out pretty full. This could also be served for lunch or dinner. My only issue is I have a close friend whose hubby is a musician and he wrote a song about Huevos Rancheros so every time I make these I get that stuck in my head.

I’ve had a good OP day and even got some housework in although I didn’t get out to walk. Hope everyone is doing well, I will probably make chat tonight.

Old 06-21-2003, 05:36 PM   #22  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello all
We just got in from town. Dh took me out for a nice meal after work. We went to Ruby Tuesdays. I was hungry for steak but they had a dish called New Orleans seafood. It was a Talipia fillet seasoned with 4 grilled shrimp, rice, brocolli, and onion curls. I ordered that with a salad and US tea. that was the first time I had tried Talipia and let me tell you it was wonderful I brought part of it home. Then we went to Walmart and I bought a pkg. to cook later. DH agreed to try giving up diet sodas in favor of water.

Someone asked about genealogy I forget who. I only do Mississippi genealogy sorry.

Tina husbands can be so thoughtless sometimes.

Thin: the picture was greta I want to go to Niagra Falls someday.

We are going to Talledaga the first of August dh wants to go to the museum.

Hope to see some of you in chat tonight.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:30 PM   #23  
I'm on my way!

Where is everyone...there is no one in chat with me...Kat was there briefly but had to leave! I'll wait a few more minutes just in case someone decides to pop in...
Old 06-21-2003, 09:39 PM   #24  
joe_anne2SUCCESS --{-@

S/C/G: 340/255.6/175

Height: 5'3"

Default Just a quickie from me

Hi Friends
I just wanted to stop by to let you all know that I met my goals for this week and it's not even ended yet (Sunday), anyway here it is; I walked 11.50 miles @ 276.50 minutes and 26.10 of the stationary bike for a total of 302.40 minutes.
I am hoping to get in a 1 1/5 mile walk in the morning before I leave to Phoenix for the airport, but we will see. I've been so tired the last couple of days and I am not sure if it is because I was trying to eat lowcarb. I have added more today but still feel just worn out.
I am hoping to be able to use the computer room at the conference center so I can keep in touch with you all, because I know I am going to need all the support I can get, to get through this week.
I think I am going to go to bed early tonight so I'll see you lighter friends. Have a good week if don't get to chat again until next week.
Bye

Last edited by joe anne; 06-21-2003 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:58 PM   #25  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow

Good evening everyone.
I am soooooo sick of cleaning !!!!!
I want to clean out all of this crap I have accumulated over the last 23 years... but it is NEVER ENDING !!!!! I do really well... work work work and then I have to stop to fix dinner or help someone... and I don't want to go back.
I have always been an all or nothing girl. I can starve myself for days... but if I eat I want what I want.
I can lock myself into a room and clean clean clean... but once I stop... I don't want to go back.
When I come here... I want to respond to EVERYONE or not post at all.
This "learning" how to balance is hard on a girl like me. LOL
"GIRL" .... Maybe if I were a "girl" instead of a fat old lady stuck in her old ways it would be much easier. LOL

Plus... buying this new house... it is really bothering me.
I know I will love it... but I wish I had waited for the "more perfect" house now.
I am already thinking of so many things I want to change already. Grrrr
They are having the "Parade of Homes" here starting tomorrow... and I just know I would have found a better house.
I let my husband influence me tooooooo much.
HE was tired of looking... it just wanted to get it over and done with.
I did not have the courage to say "wait".
You see... we have missed out on a couple of houses my husband really loved because of me and my indecisions.
And I know my husband can be very happy in this house. BUT....
I am so afraid we made our decision in haste. And I did not want to make him miss yet another house.
Sorry for the whining... I think I am just overstressed trying to get this bedroom done before my daughter comes home TOMORROW.
I should be cleaning and not posting... so I better get going.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 06-21-2003 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:06 AM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! I'm in from the movies, 1:00 AM my time. I posted before I left this morning and I don't know what happened to it. Surprise, surprise it wasn't here tonight. Maybe the computer fairies came and ate it for lunch. No time now to re-create. Not that I would remember what I wrote 14 hours ago anyway.

Love to all. Good night!
Old 06-22-2003, 11:25 AM   #27  
Dancing those pounds away

This is tooooo WEIRD !!!!!
I posted last night at 2am that your post was here Thin. but now MY POST is gone ???? WEIRD.

I read your post about yours missing... went and found it still here.... posted to tell you it was here and then said good night.
went to bed.... and now ... my post is gone. Something spooky going on here. LOL

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:33 AM   #28  
Michigan Old-Timer

Ok, I'm either loony tunes or there is something veeeerrrrryyyyy strange going on here. The post I referred to last, as being missing, is back now. Woo ooooo oooooooo.......

Damn post-gobbling fairies!

Anyway, I'm off to be a 'showgirl' again today. All of my menfolk are gone to a car show so I'm on my own for most of the day. Oh Joy!!!

I will have to get back with you all later. Love ya bunches.

"It is part of the cure to wish to be cured." - Latin proverb
Old 06-22-2003, 12:45 PM   #29  
Progress..not perfection

Red face Do not post here!

DO not post here! Instead, come and join the continuing saga of 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#354!
Closed Thread