Unexpected little changes

• During my weight loss journey, every once in awhile my body will change in a way that takes me completely by surprise. I remember how surprised and thrilled I was the first time I lost weight when I started to feel my hip bones for the first time. Now, I've just noticed that the little fat bulges on the insides of my knees that have always made me look knock-kneed, and which I'd assumed were just a figure flaw I'd always have, have completely disappeared!

How about you guys? Have any of you been taken by surprise by unexpected little (or big!) changes now, or since you've started losing?
  • I looked in the mirror recently and was mildly surprised to realize that I no longer have ANY rolls or folds while standing upright. No stomach roll, no folds of back fat, nothing. It's probably been that way for little while now but I hadn't really fully noticed before.
    Also, my stomach/hips and even legs are starting to look quite good, if I do say so myself. And I'm discovering a nice hourglass shape underneath all that lost weight.
  • I love having one of those little change realizations.

Right now I've noticed that when I'm sleeping on my side in a fetal position and my knees are aligned/on top of each other, it's almost uncomfortable because they are too boney and I don't have enough padding there. I have to shift one down a little so they're not quite even.
  • For me I have noticed that my feet have gotten smaller and I am comfortable wearing heels all day again. Also when I started seeing my collarbones again, I was so happy.
  • I got my flexibility back! I did stretches and I can put my leg behind my head lol

I feel lighter weight too! clothes that I had when I was younger fit amazingly and I got my curves back. I am at a weight I am really happy with!
  • I've noticed, it's a lot easier to bend over and put socks and shoes on. Before, my large stomach got in the way.
  • For me - I have bones, I like my figure and my athleticism.