Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

Default My co-worker called me fat

So I've been spiraling out of control, slowly regaining it.

First I was struggling with my ED and went from 150 to 124 before I started binge eating. I got up to 148 again after that and was bouncing around my 140-150 normalcy for a while. Then I stopped weighing and started intuitive eating...which helped me stop binging but I still snacked or over ate... So I stepped on the scale (fully clothed, after lunch) and was 158

The nurse I was working with said "WOW what happened you're gaining weight! Look at your legs and face. You were so skinny and pretty"

I just want to die and go back to starving myself. I've been really trying to lift weights to gain muscle and start bulking up while trying to normalize my eating habits so of course I'm a bit bigger... plus im on the rag... ugh

It just sucks because I hate myself and already think i'm fat. Doesn't help me AT ALL when other people point it out.
iixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #2  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

That sucks! Sorry that happened....instead of getting upset...use it for fuel! When you are working out, thing of that nurse and just work it out!

*hugs* You will get there...changing our heads seems to be much harder than changing our bodies!!!!
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

That really bugs me. 5'5" and 158 lbs may be more than you want to be, but it is hardly "fat." And someone needs to let that nurse know that skinny does not equal pretty. I'm sure you are just as pretty at your current weight. Lose weight for yourself. Sometimes life will get in the way, but you can do this. You've done it before and you just need to make up your mind to do it again. One step, one meal, one day at a time!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Gosh that really was rude (((hugs)))
I like the idea about using it as fuel though ^^^^ great way to look at it. Sucks though that some people are so clueless
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #5  
Scood

S/C/G: 71.4 kilos

Height: 5.2. Ft

iixi

For someone to say that shows me she is an unhappy person. Happy people would encourage you to keep going, your doing great job. Don't let this person sabotage your day

I had a sister in law tell me once when I pushed a caramel pie away, you'll just have to practice your self control and pushed it back.

Now she is looking a little bit chubby and having trouble loosing weight. And when I see her I remember that. Secretly Im glad she is having trouble loosing. I've been a weight watcher all my life and she has never had to watch a thing she ate

Scood
scood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #6  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Wow, I'm sorry you had to hear that. It really was an insensitive, tactless, and unnecessary comment on her part.

Please know that her narrow-minded opinions don't define you, your beauty, and your worth. Our experience with our weights doesn't change how awesome we are and all the things that are truly important about us. If anything, perhaps let this experience teach you to love yourself that much more, and to stand comfortably in your own skin so that nothing anyone says can have any power over you. Her (or anyone's) opinions of you don't have to be your opinions about yourself. It's a difficult lesson to learn, but so well worth it. Feel better, hon.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 169/164/160 lbs

Height: 5'6"

That nurse's comment was rude, judgmental and not nice. And yes, 158 is not that big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scood View Post
I had a sister in law tell me once when I pushed a caramel pie away, you'll just have to practice your self control and pushed it back.
Gawd, that doesn't even make sense. Weren't you practicing self-control when you pushed away the pie?
Creativian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 249/~~~/149

Height: 5'6

Sounds like she has an ugly, unhappy soul. Either ignore it or use it for fuel.
Amy Remixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #9  
Golden Goose

S/C/G: 333/tracker/150

Height: 5'10

Anyone that has to point someone else's flaws out has issues with themselves. I have seen this so many times. My brother flat out said to me that he doesn't believe I will be able to lose weight. It didn't bother me, because I know he's wrong, but I mentioned it to my mother and she confirmed it for me.

She said that he said that because he doesn't think HE can lose weight, so if his bigger sister can, he's going to feel like a failure. Well, I can't help how he's going to feel, and if he wants to lose weight he has to do it for himself, but it will be nice to prove everyone wrong, just like I have done so many times in the past.

Screw everyone else hon. Why is someone else worried about what your body looks like anyway? What's it to them?
Slush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #10  
Scood

S/C/G: 71.4 kilos

Height: 5.2. Ft

Creativian

That was my way of moving temptation, but because my sis in law has never had a weight problem up until now, she thought it was a funny thing to do.

It made me pretty cranky so. Now I dont let people know Im dieting.. We go away with a big group of people every year

If Im drinking, I put water or soda in my alcohol and they aren't aware Im doing it, because I have also had friends try to sabotaged my efforts on holidays. They say "oh go on your on holidays"

So I work out these little strategies , we are due to go on holidays again. Last holiday I never put any weight on, never lost , so I was happy with that

I don't now why people just don't get how hard it is to get the weight off.

Scood

Last edited by scood; 08-11-2013 at 09:31 PM.
scood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #11  
i lost my head awhile ago

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2

so, what, that nurse would think you were prettier with an ED? I just love how even people in the health care field still only rely on numbers on a scale and not HOW that number came to be.
Mori M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

Shes alwaaays dieting ans complaining about hunger. Shes like 40something idk why she said that shes not even our primary burse so i barely see ger. she also told me i dont need anymore cookies.

Funny how these people beg you to eat when youre thinner but when you put on weight they scold you like a kid
iixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
That really bugs me. 5'5" and 158 lbs may be more than you want to be, but it is hardly "fat." And someone needs to let that nurse know that skinny does not equal pretty. I'm sure you are just as pretty at your current weight. Lose weight for yourself. Sometimes life will get in the way, but you can do this. You've done it before and you just need to make up your mind to do it again. One step, one meal, one day at a time!

Exactly what I thought. This is not a huge weight for your height and she was totally rude. You can lose the amount you want to with a steady approach with healthy food.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #14  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Default re:

Your size is none of her business. As a co-worker, if she keeps harassing you about your appearance, and that's what it is - harassment, I highly suggest you have a discussion with HR.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 169/164/160 lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scood View Post
Creativian

That was my way of moving temptation, but because my sis in law has never had a weight problem up until now, she thought it was a funny thing to do.

It made me pretty cranky so. Now I dont let people know Im dieting.. We go away with a big group of people every year
Some people like to pretend their abusive behaviour is a joke. That way, they can keep digging at you and as long as everyone accepts that it's "funny," you have no socially-acceptable way to defend yourself.

That wouldn't just make me cranky--it would make me mad.

I'm sorry you don't have supportive people around you.
Creativian is offline   Reply With Quote