Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 12:27 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #352

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

WELCOME
Old 06-19-2003, 12:31 AM   #2  

I just peeked in before heading to bed and saw we needed a new thread.
It will be THANKFUL THURSDAY when you all rise and shine.

I am thankful for my 8lbs
I am thankful for my cyber friends
I am thankful for a giving husband
I am thankful for my good health
I am thankful for my husbands job. LOL
Good night all.
Old 06-19-2003, 01:10 AM   #3  
Thin Within

Thumbs down HOWDY

Is Geri around here?
Old 06-19-2003, 01:31 AM   #4  

YEP !!!! She should be here sometime today. WELCOME !!!
Old 06-19-2003, 01:56 AM   #5  
a work in progress...

Hey girlies...

Just a pop in before bed...I wrangled myself a day (night) off...but I'll have to work Saturday night instead. Honey was off too, but a lot of good that's doing me...he's snoring in the next room and I'm clacking away on the keyboard! No calories will be burned in MY bedroom tonight!

Food remains good, Dh grilled some cheeseburgers for us tonight. I cut mine up and had it on top of a salad! Got some strange looks from the boys, but what do they know? It was good!

I managed another walk tonight. My dog is loving me lately! (Not that she doesn't anyway...) I even jogged about a quarter of the way around the track. (After everyone else was gone!) That was on my 7th rotation, so I was all warmed up and it didn't hurt. I think I'm going to insert a small jog in every so many laps. Just to mix things up a bit. Tomorrow I'm getting back to my weights too. Geez, nothing like a little success to spur you on to greater success! I have GOT to keep this momentum up...I want it to be a fully ingrained HABIT before the next round of PMS...it's coming! It's coming!

I had a revelation while I was walking. I realized that this is how I have to eat and move for the rest of my life. This is not a temporary condition. So I have to tweak the whole plan to suit ME and make it something I can live with. With that in mind, I couldn't put my finger exactly upon just what plan it is...WW? ...Atkins? too strict. ...the Zone? too confusing. Low carb? my version, I guess. So then I thought, well, why does it have to be labeled? One deviation from the strictest sense of that "plan," and BOOM! THUD! There goes my fat ***, over the side of the wagon!!! ...again!

I'm just gonna do it my way this time. If I slip up, welllll, it happens. By giving my self permission to have whatever, within reason, there can be no guilt, or regrets, just gonna keep moving forward. ...I cannot keep going through that endless cycle of, "Oh well, I messed up, may as well start again tomorrow," which turns into next week, cuz after a few days, may as well just start again on Monday...so the weekend binge is mind boggling and there's 10 more lbs to lose because of one mishap. And you ALL know what I'm talking about!

We've got to STOP THE INSANITY!
(Remember her? What was her name? The scary chick with the bleached blonde crew cut? She yelled all the time.)

Yes, I KNOW I'm rambling, it's 2:30 in the morning, what do you want?

Well... having gotten all that off my chest, I think I'll go to bed now.

aren't you glad this was only going to be a QUICK post

Thanks for listening...reading...whatever

Last edited by katrinabgood; 06-19-2003 at 03:09 AM.
Old 06-19-2003, 02:14 AM   #6  

Has anybody seen Lynne??? Where are yooouuu???

Lots of fun in chat with Mary, Amanda and Sandy. Sorry I had to leave so abruptly but someone stopped by my desk to talk. I sure hated to leave, such a good time.

My shift is about over - one more long hour to go.

Everybody have a great OP day!!
Old 06-19-2003, 07:08 AM   #7  

Morning girls,
I'm still giggeling from chat.....such naughty ladies. But oh what fun.

I have a question. How much % of your daily intake should be carb? Yesterday according to fitday.com, my day was not tooo tooo bad, but my fat was way to high it was like 50%, my carbs were 30 something% so I was just wondering if anyone knew the recommended amount. Also on fitday as we talked about last night in chat it said for vigorous sex, I poked in a 30 minutes session....you burn 41 calories? That seems low to me???LOL. And Tina? how many calories does the WATP tape 3 burn? Over there on fitday if I poke in 45 minutes at 4 mph it gave me 180 something? Is that right? Okay enough of that.

I got to wake the girl up here in a few minutes, today is her first day at the sitters (14 year old cousin). She has babysat for me before and Alexis loves her, so this makes it easier. Evan is off to a friends house. Today is only day 3 of summer vacation here for the kids and already I am hearing...."there's nothing to do, I'm bored" OMG it's going to be a lonnnnngggggg summer.

OMG did you guys hear about that Andrew Luster guy? Wow, we were watching the show on it last night, I did not realize it was like happening right now....so here I sit in the a.m and they are talking about it on the TODAY show. People are just so weird. I feel bad for the girls.

Before I popped on over to this new thread I remembered to copy and paste those yummy recipes that Thin posted and the Taco Pie one that Amanda posted. I just pasted them on to my word pad, and hit print and woooolllllaaaaa, I got me some yummy sounding things. Now I just got to get them from the paper into the kitchen and made...

Well girls, I'm off..I will be back later to check in.

Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 06-19-2003, 08:11 AM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good morning all
Chat was ffun last night such talk from ladies

Terri: You ask how I got started in genealogy. I started in 1977 after hearing my grandfather talk about his family.

I am going to try to repost the other photo of my brother and the baby.

I am climbing back on the wagon today. I am just eating fruit for breakfast (I hope).

Like I said in chat I am off today. not any plans yet.
catch you all later
Old 06-19-2003, 10:52 AM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Cyberspace ate my post

Drat!!!! That makes me so angry. Well, I can't recap all I said, but the basic rundown is I'm doing good, I'm OP and I even got out and walked today.

Maggie- Hello-I love your signature, it really makes you think.

Connie-It was great seeing you in chat. If everyone else only knew the fun they were missing out on.

Sandy-Sorry I missed you this morn. I'm trying to get back on track with my schedule. There is nutrition info on Fitday you might check there for the carb/fat/protein ratio. I try for about 50% carbs, 30% protein, and 20% or less of fat.

Mary-Hope you are having a great day off and staying OP.

Tina-I don't know about mayo on burritos. We all have our weaknesses though. I used to deep fry the burritos, at least I didn't do that on my binge the other day. (Probably because we threw away our deep fryer. ) Also thank you for posting chat times when you started that last thread.

Thin-You always post such great recipes. Sorry you missed us in chat. It does start at 7:30 central and the length of time we chat depends on the night.

JoeAnne-I'm so sorry I forgot to thank you for doing the happy dance for my loss. It seems, since you lost 2.25lbs I owe ya one. Hope you are finding time to pack for your trip.

2Cute-Sounds like you are really finding a groove and going for it. Good job.

Terri-I love Fitday, but I think some of their nutrient analysis are off. At least they are when I compare them to my labels. I think I'll have to start walking my dog, only problem is she pulls. She is half rotty and half pit-bull. We call her a rottenpit. She just turned 8.

Hi to anyone else I might have missed. Hope everyone is having a great OP day. See all of you later.

Old 06-19-2003, 11:15 AM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello all! Geez, my fingers do not want to hit the right keys for anything this morning. It took 3 tries just to get the colon right for my waving smilie.

I have been terrible at night. I keep grabbing $hit to eat while I'm at the keyboard typing. It's the pitts. I'm great by day, but late night is killing me. Maybe I should just go to bed earlier. Ya think???

Maggie: Good to see you here in our neck of the woods.

2cute: Another busy day by you????

Kat: Sounds like you're doing great! Loving the walks? OMG, can one really learn to love the big "E"????

Mary, Amanda, Sandy and Connie: Sorry I missed you in chat last night. I got there around 10:00 EST, but no one was there.

Sandy: I'm really bad, but I can only convert stuff into WW points. But they say 1 pt = like 50 calories, generally. Anyway, here is the breakdown of how much of what you should be eatting every day:

Complex Carbs: 6-9 points
Protein: 6-8 points
Milk Products: 4-6
Fruits & Veggies: 0-3
Fats: 2-3

This is what the page says: "The chart shows you ONE way to divide the points so you can create your own nutritious meals while staying within your daily points range. (Note: These points reflect the daily points range for a person under 200 pounds. If you're 200 pounds or over, choose most of the additional points from the "Complex Carbs" and "Protein" groups.)

Hope that helps some.

I've gotta run. Have to make about 5 stops today.

"A vigorous five mile walk will do more good for an unhappy, but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world." - Paul Dudley White
Old 06-19-2003, 01:38 PM   #11  

Good afternoon to all !

So far, the day has been good; the only thing was having to take time out to eat something! The exterminator came for the three-month precautionary spray, and then I was on the phone with my agent concerning the movie that is going to be shot in Atlanta--I will be playing the social worker, Beverly (who is thirtysomething, according to the script; I'm 41! Go figure! )

Barb: Whoops...sorry about getting you and your office buddy all excited over that pic of Brian. The kid has better abs than I do...for the moment.

When he first heard about my weight loss plan, his first reaction was one of shock, as in "You're not going to become one of those size 0 skeletons, are you?" I made it clear that no, that is not the look I am aiming for, but I am taking charge of my health, with plans to keep some of my curves. Needless to say, honey was vastly relieved.

2Cuteyyyyyyyy.....you started a new thread! I haven't see that for a while!

Welcome to any newbies I may have missed.

So what is everyone else up to on this soggy afternoon?
Old 06-19-2003, 07:00 PM   #12  
Progress..not perfection

Hey gals! How are ya'll doing tonight? I am desperately trying to come up with something fabulously interesting to tell you guys....but I just can't. My life has become pitiful and mundane lately. Get up, go to work, come home, cook dinner, clean a little, go to bed. Get up, go to work....oh well, you get the idea. I can't wait to go on vacation! 24 more days! Wooo Hoooo! Mom came and picked up the boys yesterday and they went to her house and spent the night. that means me and dh had the house all to ourselves. Get your mind out of the gutter though.....I'll never tell. I do have to say though....it was so quiet in the house without them. I'm already dreading going through "empty nest" syndrome and I still have years to go!

Lori: Sounds like you've been EXTREMELY busy... That was so sweet of Brian to worry about you and your eating program. I think he's a keeper!

thin: I'm with you on that one. My eating is for $hit too at night. I keep trying to think of ways to offset my eating at night and nothing is working. At first, I thought it was because I wasn't eating enough at work and I was starving by the time I got home. Then I started eating more at work and still ended up eating more at home. I've got to get my crap together.

Amanda: I absolutely HATE it when cyberspace eats my posts! Glad to know that you're OP and doing good today. I know the mayo on burritos sound really gross, but I am a HUGE fan (no pun intended) of mayo. I could probably eat it on anything.

Mary: Thanks for posting the picture of your brother and the baby....how sweet. Did you do anything interesting on your day off today?

Sandy: Still giggling from chat? I hate I missed it, but dh and I were "otherwise engaged" with the kiddies over at Moms. I have never tried Fitday before, but I think I may definitely go over there and give it a whirl. P.S. You know I could never forget you silly....I just responded to everyone that has posted on the thread you silly.

Connie: Hey there Miss Thang! How are you today. Sorry I missed you guys in chat last night. Did you say already or did I just miss it....what do you do at night at work?

Kat: Have I told you how absolutely amazing I think you are lately? I am SO proud of you for hitting that 250 mark. You are my inspiration.....never doubt that. By the way....the crazy chick in question is Susan Powter. ( I think that's how you spell her last name) hehe...I'm sure you already knew that. I like it when you share your thoughts with us too....makes some of the rest of us think too. Can you smell the smoke?

2cute: I am thankful for YOU. Thanks for starting the new thread for us. Now, if we could just get a longer post.....hint, hint.

Me and dh had a long talk (well, semi long) about the weight loss thing last night. Yes....again. I told him that I get to this "place". This wonderful place...where I'm walking, eating OP, drinking my water.....and I feel so good. Then I trade it all in. For what? For that fried chicken I just have to have? For that Peanut Buster Parfait that is calling my name? That still, small voice in my head says, "Why can't I be like everybody else? Why can't I eat what I want to?" The problem is: I CAN'T eat like everybody else. One of something is just not enough....and I can't figure out why? I am so perplexed today. It also does not help that I have tried to type the same paragraph eight times and dh keeps shooting me with a plunger gun.

I'm gonna hop off here for now, and if I can....I'll be back later. If not, look for me on the news....I just might have murdered someone!

Last edited by QueenB; 06-19-2003 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:56 PM   #13  

I feel like I am about to fall asleep at the keyboard, but wanted to pop on in and see what was up.

I had an okay day....calorie wise but fat wise I need to cut way back. I was talking to Amanda about it and wow I had a bad day of fat, cause the boss bought us lunch..Chimichanga's...I had never had one...but wow are they good. Then I had to go to Walmart to get a bridal shower gift after work and I stopped in and got us KFC for supper, but I did okay with it. I had 1 1/2 pc chix, little potatoe, little coleslaw and 1/2 biscut. So you see I think all the fried stuff put me over. I will be better tomorrow. Doing the fit day thing really shows you what you are doing. You just have to be honest with yourself on everybite you take and put it on the site and you get instant analysys of yourself.

Mary: Hope you are feeling not so blue about grannie...{{{hugs}}}}.

Tina said
Quote:
The problem is: I CAN'T eat like everybody else. One of something is just not enough....and I can't figure out why?

I have the same problem, I think we all do to some extent, thats why we are here. Sometimes we make ourselves feel deprived I think. Like today with the KFC, I could have come home and cooked like I had planned, but I was like "I deserve not to cook" guess we have to work on changing the thoughts too. There sure is a lot for a large person to work on besides just loosing weight. I wish I was any of my brothers who can eat anything and stay as skinny as a rail...I am the only girl and the only sibling with a weight issue....NOT FAIR!!! But life is not fair...so I will lift my chin up and do what I can. Ramble Ramble Ramble, you all know how I get...I'm sorry.

Hugs to you all,
Sandy
Old 06-19-2003, 09:26 PM   #14  

I am only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hairspray I use, and the friends I have. Here's to you!

National Girlfriends Day

Why do we only have parties for each other when one of us gets married, is pregnant, or retires?
What would most of us do without our sisters, confidants and shopping, lunching, and traveling girls?

Let's celebrate each other for each other's sake!

TO MY GIRLFRIENDS!
If you get this twice you know you have more than one girlfriend. Be Happy!
PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO ALL OF YOUR GIRLFRIENDS AND RETURN IT TO THE

FRIEND WHO SENT IT TO YOU!

It is good to be a woman:
1. We got off the Titanic first.
2. We can scare male bosses with the mysterious gynecological disorder excuses.
3. Taxis stop for us.
4. We don't look like a frog in a blender when dancing.
5. No fashion faux pas we make, could ever rival the Speedo.
6. We don't have to pass gas to amuse ourselves.
7. If we forget to shave, no one has to know.
8. We can congratulate our teammate without ever touching her rear end.
9 We never have to reach down every so often to make sure our privates are still there.
10. We have the ability to dress ourselves.
11. We can talk to the opposite sex without having to picture them naked.
12. If we marry someone 20 years younger, we are aware that we will look like an idiot.
13. We will never regret piercing our ears.
14. There are times when chocolate really can solve all your problems.
15. We can make comments about how silly men are in their presence because they aren't listening anyway.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

I am going to make this a quick reply. I don't have my glasses on and can only sort of read your posts. I just got back from a lovely walk with the dog and about time to cool down and head to bed. Must drink water first though!

I did want to say to Amanda - have you tried a gentle leader or a haltie on your dog? I don't go anywhere with Bear without it. If you don't know what it is, its a halter that you put on his head and then attach the leash under the chin. Some people think its a muzzle but its not - they can eat, drink and bite with it on!! What is does, is gives you the power when the dog tries to take off and drag you. When the dog pulls, the leash pulls their head around. This is as opposed to them pulling with their shoulder muscles and dragging you down the street. I have been able to stop Bear at a dead run after a rabbit with one hand. I just hit the brake and hold onto the leash. He didn't like it at first because it was different but now he knows its going on his head and he's going for a walk. Its not cruel. Actually, its safety for the dog and for you. I got it at the dog trainers and know that a pet store should have one. You can find them online too.

Tina - Oh, boy have I been there with the "talks" and DH. Keep having them because after awhile, you might find that you are tired of having to have the talks and something will click. Keep exploring the whys so that you can get to the place where you allow yourself to enjoy the fried chicken or the DQ but then go right back to the healthy food without losing control.

Hello to everyone else!!! Someone jogged - Someone had a great food day - Someone came here and posted about a bad day -

Got to go for now! Have a great Friday!
Closed Thread