Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #1  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Default Eeek scared about weigh in tomorrow!

So, up here in Packerland we had a rough week. There were 3, yes THREE, tornadoes in one night. Things are a mess here and we were without power for quite some time. In addition, at our house specifically we had a lightening strike. It hit a tree by our house, and I am not kidding, it literally BLEW the roots of that tree and 2 or 3 others right up out of the ground. It also blew up some of our stuff in the house. Including my Wii. Which is my scale. I have no other. At first I was heartbroken because I have YEARS of data on it (Wii fit that is) and I'd lost it all. Then I took it to the store to at least see if we could ANY power to it to get the disc out. Miracle of all miracles we did get the disc out. So I purchased a new power cord (mine was fried) and the Wii LIVES! Erm...sort of. While it works, it did get a bit singed. The TV is fine but when the Wii is on, the screen is very dark and hard to see and the colors are weird and distorted. It is useable, but I will probably replace it but I am just so grateful that the data is still there and I can transfer it to another machine.

Anyway, to the point. I haven't weighed in for several days because of the power outage and power cord frying. I have behaved myself, except I'm thinking I may have slightly exceeded my carbs when we couldn't cook. Having no power we resorted to Taco Bell for lunch and I ate three plain chicken soft tacos when I should have had 2. Tonight, because ALL of our fridge groceries had to be tossed because they rotted, I didn't have a whole lot of options for dinner. I made "Manwhich" because I had it, I used extra lean turkey burger meat. I don't know if that's gonna end up on the scale or if that's ok. All the stress has also caused some, "traffic slow downs" in the digestive system. Plus the stress of the situation etc (stress gains are no fun) has me worried about tomorrow's numbers. I really need some good news and if tomorrow shows a gain, it's going to be so hard to take. Part of me can't WAIT to get on and see, the other part is like Oh crap! I feel so much better when I can watch it each day.

ETA: Here is a photo of one of the trees that "blew up"

Last edited by MauiKai; 08-08-2013 at 07:33 PM.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Remember this, a couple days of stress and eating slightly 'off' the normal beaten path does not mean you will have a significant gain, or any at all.

If it shows a gain, do not beat yourself up. Do not get angry at yourself. It'll change once things return to normal. It'll work out okay! And wow, I am sorry to hear about all the chaos.
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 246/232/165

Height: 5'9

Wow, that's some crazy stuff that's been happening. Glad to see you're ok though! I doubt that will have caused any weight gain, don't stress.
blueyes1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #4  
Aloha nui loa

I guess I'll be sweating it until morning! I'll let you all know what happens.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/142/135

Height: 5'4"

Whoa! That pic of your tree is really amazing! Who knew lightening could do that???

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow!!! And maybe you should make a backup of your weigh in records just in case your Wii really dies.

I got a good chuckle out of your "the Wii LIVES!" comment
KindaSortaAthlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:40 AM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Life handed you a few serious bumps beyond your control.

Don't sweat it!

Weigh, log it and move on!

Life is not always perfect!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #7  
Aloha nui loa

No good, I was up a bit over a pound.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/202.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiKai View Post
No good, I was up a bit over a pound.
No biggie. It was likely water weight and if you get back on track you will have it gone in no time.
shutterbugmama84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #9  
Aloha nui loa

I hope so. I'm feeling rather bad about it at this point. I am so so so excited to hit 165, but it seems like it just keeps getting further and further away.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #10  
Aloha nui loa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindaSortaAthlete View Post
Whoa! That pic of your tree is really amazing! Who knew lightening could do that???

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow!!! And maybe you should make a backup of your weigh in records just in case your Wii really dies.

I got a good chuckle out of your "the Wii LIVES!" comment
I was so excited to find my Wii still kicking, seriously! I love that thing. I have now created a back up on an SD card. Lesson learned.