Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227.8/226.6/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Question please: Huge thighs

I carry at least 25 lbs in each thigh,
Not that I am small on everywhere else but have fat rolls all over but the thighs stick out unfortunately.
I lost a few pounds and don't see even needle point difference in thighs. My face and neck seems to be getting better.
Any of you who has the same shape/problem area, how were you able to target the particular area?
I do an hour of cross trainer just for the thighs but no results so far,
niru78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #2  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Sadly, targeting fat loss is a made-up myth. You can't. The body will lose weight where it chooses to lose weight. Heavy lifting to build muscle can help you redefine your shape and look smaller. Otherwise, you just have to keep going, and trust that you'll lose from your thighs as you get smaller.

Definitely get yourself a tape measure and take measurements, in addition to the scale. It's rewarding!
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #3  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Your thighs will definitely get smaller as you lose the weight. It just may not happen first thing. If they are your problem area now, they will always be your problem area, even as you get to goal. I'm thin on my upper body, but my darn thighs are still large proportionally.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:47 PM   #4  
Days Go By So Quickly

S/C/G: 194.4/174.2/160

Height: 5'6"

I have the same problem, but its not my thighs, its my arms. They are weirdly disproportionate to the rest of my body. And its annoying as ****
BleuMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 249/~~~/149

Height: 5'6

I'm all tummy. If my tummy was proportionate to my arms and legs, I would be a healthy weight. Sometimes I feel like Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc.
Amy Remixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/265/165

Height: 5'4

Prior to my injury, I worked with a personal trainer for about eight weeks and she had me do an upward leg press of about 50lbs starting out at three sets of 20( worked up to 85 lbs), same with leg lift machine front and back, also three sets of 20 squats using a stool about the height of a piano bench. I did these in a circuit type training and I was pleasantly surprised how toned and defined my thighs got. Unfortunately, due to expense ($40/hr) I had to let personal trainer go, I fell off the fitness bandwagon, injured my ankle and landed here for as much support as I can get to finally defeat the fat monster.

Just in case you try these exercises, warning, they are no fun....you will be sore. I was amazed how sore I could get from sitting down and getting up on a stool....but it was worth it
ImWeighedDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #7  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

My saddlebags are the last to go. Even when I was down at my lowest weight last year, a weight so low for me it was hard to maintain, it seemed like I carried all that was left in my saddlebags. It's just how I was built; nothing to be done about it.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #8  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleuMaus View Post
I have the same problem, but its not my thighs, its my arms. They are weirdly disproportionate to the rest of my body. And its annoying as ****
I have the exact same problem and I can sympathize. My torso is now a size 8/10, but my arms are still a size 14/16. There are tons of clothes I can't buy/wear, since I'd have to go 2 or 3 sizes larger in, say, a jacket just to accomodate my arms, and then the rest of the jacket would drown me. And going sleeveless is just not an option given the extent to which my arms flap in the wind.

One thing I've never understood...it seems everybody has some "disproportionate" portion of their body, be it their arms, legs, waist, or whatever. So, why do clothing manufacturers always assume everyone is properly proportioned?!! Drives me nuts...
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 227.8/226.6/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Thank you

Thank you all for responding,
Don't get me wrong but I feel better knowing I am not alone on the disproportionate planet. I take my kids to park everyday and all I do is observe the thin people and somehow, no one seems to have any weird areas except me

At least I am doing something about it and if I have to live with it, then so be it I will need to target for a healthy weight , though weirdly built
niru78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #10  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by niru78 View Post
Thank you all for responding,
Don't get me wrong but I feel better knowing I am not alone on the disproportionate planet. I take my kids to park everyday and all I do is observe the thin people and somehow, no one seems to have any weird areas except me

At least I am doing something about it and if I have to live with it, then so be it I will need to target for a healthy weight , though weirdly built
Hey, there is hope. Having large thighs in the size 10 jeans i have on today is a heck of a lot better than when I had large thighs barely squeezing into size 18 jeans 15 months ago.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #11  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

I carry a lot of weight in my thighs, too. Yes, they're slow to get smaller, but they are changing. I'm interested in that leg workout Imweigheddown posted. I think I'll try that.

I also have big arms, but I've found something that is working for them. Try TRX training with the straps. I've been amazed at how it has toned up my arms. I actually have "guns" now! I still have a lot of loose skin hanging underneath, but unless I hold my arms out at an angle, they look SO MUCH better than they did 4 months ago. And, I'm able to wear several shirts that had sleeves that were much too tight for me, once upon a time. Try it!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
I feel you on that one. I don't feel like my arms LOOK disproportionately large, but it's not uncommon for a shirt to fit me everywhere but the arms. As I lose weight, this actually gets worse. At my prev. low weight, I could fit into an extra large in several brands, except long sleeve shirts. I found myself wearing sleeveless shirts year-round and just pairing a cardigan (which I could just barely cram my arms into) in colder months.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:30 PM   #13  
i lost my head awhile ago

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
i have that too! I can't even wear regular t shirt without my arm fat poking through.
Mori M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:51 PM   #14  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Body composition, is what it is.

It's up to us to take what we have and do the best with what we have that we can!

You only get one body! Make the best of it!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #15  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

My thighs are huge. I can't find comfortable fitting pants right now because everything else is getting smaller except them. Sadly, you can't spot-reduce. The best thing to do is just keeping working on all around weight loss by using a healthy diet and cardio.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote