Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 01:07 PM   #16  

It's Wednesday weigh in, and after the pig-out weekend I had, I wasn't originally looking forward to assessing the damage of sorts.....BUT, despite jumping off the wagon those three days, I not only didn't gain anything (a shock for me!), I dropped another pound! I must be doing something right.

I'm really going to watch myself in the next two weeks more closely; I have my three-month doctor checkup on July 2 and I want to show some more considerable progress should they need to document that for my WLS doctor consult in August.

AND...doesn't it kill you sometimes when a man has better abs than you do? (Don't worry--we'll catch up and pass em someday! )
Old 06-18-2003, 01:33 PM   #17  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Hello sweetpeas!

Ok.....I'm getting my replies done first, because I'm itching to do so! First off.....

Thin: You mean, mean girl. You know I like you. Heck, I you....you know that. I wanted to come to Michigan....I really did, but it just wouldn't work out with my and dh's schedule. And although I am seeing Tony when I come to CT, that is not my primary reason for going. I have some friends in the area that I'm going to see as well. Also, (and I hadn't wanted to say anything yet) but I am planning to come to the August race in Michigan. Tony will be driving a DEI car....a 3 Doors Down special paint scheme car for Dale Jr. in the Saturday Busch race and we had planned to come see both! So there.....

Amanda: Oh how I share your tale of woe....I bought the bag of 10 burritos yesterday at Walmart. So far, I have been a good girl and have left them alone, but I know how tempting they are. When I used to eat them, I used mayo in place of sour cream!
Quote:
Hope you are all doing well today and that you are up on that wagon rather than being run over by it.
Boy....we are alike! {{{reaching down to pull Amanda back up}}

Kat: Thank you for sharing our news with everyone. I knew 2cute would be agrivated and perhaps throw me off the wagon, but that's ok. I am DEFINITELY saving up my $$ to go see her too! Also, that was a terribly horrible thing that happened at your work. I will say a prayer for his family....you know he had to be someone's son, maybe father...brother or husband.

Barb: I hope you have an absolutely wonderful time on your trip! Have some fun for us too. Be careful and takes lots of pictures so you can post them when you get back!

joe anne: Congrats on the 2.25 lb loss this week! That is terrific... I think with all the walking and training your doing, you will definitely be at your goal before you go on your trip.

2cute: Your dinner last night sounded SO yummy! I think I definitely need to utilize my grill more often. Even though you didn't indicate you used the grill last night, I know you're always grilling veggies and things like that, so I definitely need to do better. P.S. You know I could never forget you. I am going to work my way out to Oklahoma. I've already got it mapped and saved on Mapquest.

Connie: I have a really good recipe for a WW "eclair pie". It's made with reduced fat graham crackers, fat free, sugar free pudding and FF coolwhip and it is absolutely awesome and would probably serve 1-2. I will look it up when I get home and post it for you.

Lori: OMG.....I know I'm gonna get in trouble for posting this, but it just cracked me up when I read it:
Quote:
(hint: 20 minutes of vigourous lovemaking burns at least 120 calories ) got to admit my arms have been sore for a couple of days from the wall push-ups I've attempted--but I work through it.
When I first read it, I was wondering what type what type of pushups were you doing? I know, a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste....I think dh needs to do some "tendin to my garden".

Mary: Your nephew is absolutely adorable. I can almost smell him for here! Smell? Yes, I LOVE to smell babies heads....I have a problem I think. I just think there is something so sweet smelling about a baby. My brother brought my neice down last weekend and I smelled her for days....it made my uterus hurt.

Alright ladies....I am finally caught up and it took me all morning to do it! My internet time is now over, but that is fine. I can't think of anyone I'd rather spend it with.
Old 06-18-2003, 03:46 PM   #18  

Default Happy Hump Day!!

I'm going to catch a plane and parachute down to the wagon with you guys - RUN FOR COVER!!!

Only a little computer time left at the library so here goes:

KAT - another night shifter! Man, that guy must have really been desparate to do that. How terrible for his family.

AMANDA - yesterday's gone, you cant do anything bout it but learn from it. What you do today is what matters. Hope you're back on the wagon.

TINA - mayo on burritos I just don't know about that one.

BARB - hope you have a great trip and a safe one.

2CUTE - got any leftovers???? YUM

MARY - your nephew is adorable; like Tina, I also like the way babies smell. I also love to rub their bald heads.

THIN - hope you are enjoying your free time.

Hope you guys have a good afternoon and if any of you did fall of the wagon this morning, it's not to late to climb back on. Also hope to seem some of you in chat tonight.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:24 PM   #19  
Michigan Old-Timer

Ok, girls, I'm right there with ya:

Lori said, "(hint: 20 minutes of vigourous lovemaking burns at least 120 calories ) got to admit my arms have been sore for a couple of days ...."

Of course I'm thinking, if your arms are gonna hurt so bad, maybe you should take the bottom sometimes.

Tina said, "When I first read it, I was wondering what type of pushups were you doing? I know, a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste....I think dh needs to do some "tendin to my garden". "

Then Tina gives new meaning to "gardening".

Only I'm thinking, get out the calculator, that would be 5.6 hours of vigorous lovemaking to burn off 2000 calories! Now that may not seem like alot, but I haven't gotten that many HOURS out of my honey in a very long time!

Alright, enough of this insanity!

Hi everyone!

I'm doing some better today. I had a ham and cheese omlet made with eggbeaters this morning with a bit of hash browns. And I stopped and got a Micky D's sundae. Not great, but better than I had been doing.

I did finally call the Dr. yesterday, as I was going to be home all day and could wait around for her call back. She apologized for not mentioning to cut back on sugars. Duh! Anyway, she explained that they consider anything over 126 in the bloodwork as diabetic, and mine is 127. And that other blood test that tells about sugars over the course of time, well the high of the range is 6.0 and mine was 6.3. Sooo, she said that I'm just dancing at the edges of being considered diabetic and that's why she didn't use the word. But she said that I should be more careful in watching my sugar intake or I will be considered over the edge.

Mary: What a cutie pie that baby is! No wonder your brother wanted to fight for him. Well, who doesn't want to fight for a baby anyway. * Congrats on your second term as President! Hope you wanted the job!

Connie: Ok, I'm yelling "incoming" and waiting, looking skyward. I'm so glad you decided to stick with us. * I don't know how you do the night shift thing. You and Kat. Well heck, Tina was doing it for awhile too. YIKES!

2cute: I'm betting those grandkids weren't as wore out as you were! Then to be so busy afterwards too. You're just going to have to tell your son 'no more' until after you've got stuff packed. Or better yet, tell him to come and pack you and you'll watch the kids!

JoeAnne: 2.25 is Great!!! Good for you! Where are you and your daughter going? I know you said you were leaving, but I don't think you said to where? Of course, maybe you did say where and I just forgot. (Thanks, Dad)

Barb: Hope you have a great trip! See you when you get back, if not sooner!

Kat: WOW, 250!!! You go, girl! That's wonderful!! *How horrible about the guy and his bout with the roof! Don't you ever wonder just what posses someone? Well, of course you do! I'm sorry. My thoughts are with you and all the patients who saw it happen as well as with his family.

Amanda: Dang those burritos!!! My problem has been Taco Bell lately. I'm giving them up cold turkey this week. Some things just gotta change.

Lori: Good for you dropping another pound. Seems like you've figured out the magic secret too for somewhat behaving even when you're not really.

Tina: "You mean, mean girl. You know I like you. Heck, I you....you know that. I wanted to come to Michigan....I really did, but it just wouldn't work out with my and dh's schedule. And although I am seeing Tony when I come to CT, that is not my primary reason for going. I have some friends in the area that I'm going to see as well." Yeah, yeah, yeah. Blah, blah, blah. I'll see ya when I believe ya. Hope you do get here in August though, that would be oh so cool! (except that Kat would have got to meet you first!!!!)

Well girls, I think that about does me for today. Oh, I almost forgot, I was doing some perusing last night and found a good looking salad. I always have trouble trying to figure out what the 'sauce' is that is used with a macaroni salad, for instance. I know that it's usually not just mayo, so this caught my eye. Not to mention I have some imitation crab in the freezer that I need to use up.

Deli Crab Salad
Makes: 2 big servings, 5 points each

6 oz. imitation crab meat, shredded or diced
2 T. light mayo
chopped green onion or chives
1/2 to 1 tsp. mustard
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
onion powder to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup cooked macaroni noodles

Cook noodles and measure out 1 cup. Run cold water over the noodles to chill them. Mix the shredded or diced crab pieces with the pasta. Mix in green onions or chives.

In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Pour sauce over pasta mixture and stir well. Put it in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to let the flavors blend.

Tips: You can also add other things like chopped celery and you can serve it on lettuce leaves to make it look fancy.

"I believe that the sign of maturity is accepting deferred gratification." - Peggy Cahn Maybe that's our problem, ladies. We just aren't 'mature' enough yet?????

Last edited by thinthinker; 06-18-2003 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:26 PM   #20  
a work in progress...

Default Quickie...

Weigh in Wednesday:

I lost 2 lbs, which brings me to 250.

What a great motivator!

I'm going to make a salad...see you later.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:56 PM   #21  
joe_anne2SUCCESS --{-@

S/C/G: 340/255.6/175

Height: 5'3"

Default My Trip

I don't think I metioned where I was going, but thanks for asking. Me and my daughter are going to Mississippi, for a Native American Youth Conference. My daughter is a member of U.N.I.T.Y. (United National Indian Tribal Youth) council from the local community. This is her second conference, last year she went to Palm Springs, California.
I haven't look up the hotel yet where we are staying, but I am hoping they have gym/exercise facility. I don't want to miss out on my daily walks. We are leaving on Sunday and returing Friday.
We still have yet to buy our essentials (shampoo, body wash, etc.) and shoes. We've been so busy doing food sales that we just can't get to the store, but hopefully by Friday we will.
I am so glad it's my nephews Birthday today, because I don't want to cook anymore. But don't worry, I won't be hoggy and eat everything.
That's it for me this evening friends, I'll be back tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:57 PM   #22  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi guys.... My day is WILD and HECTIC.
We are trying to buy a house... and the paper work is a KILLER for me.
I am such a procrastinator.
I HATE DOING THIS PAPER WORK !!!!!!

Then because I procrastinate soooo bad... I then have to drive each paper to each person. Grrrrrr
I swear... if I could... I would forget the whole thing and live happily ever after in my little humble abode.

I wish I had time to respond... but hubby just walked in the door.
Maybe I can get back tonight.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:02 PM   #23  

Angry Replies, Replies, Replies

Wow, it is not often that I don't get to pop my head in here during a days time, but........today has been soooooo busy, and I am just finally getting online, but took me a while to read all the posts. It's so nice to see everyone posting again. Okay on to the replies.............

KAT~~~Okay, I'm officially jealous you get to meet Tina....and you made it to 250!!! That is awesome...you go girl.....shake that thang Sorry to hear about the man at the hospital. You just never know what is going through someones mind?

THIN~~Do you know how much of a chocolate fan I am????That recipe will help me out tremendously...thank you from the bottom of my heart . I'm glad you got a hold of the Dr. and she explained things a little better to you and now you know what to do and not to do.

LORI~~I'm still confused (yes, I am a true blonde) are you saying you burned 2000 calories doing the nasty? Wowzers, my hubby is good and well ummmmm....but like thin said thats like 5 1/2 hours of playtime....I don't think I could hold up that long .

CONNIE~~I'm glad you decided to stick around, these woman are great!!! I hope your dad is feeling better, once again my prayers are with you and him. And that parachute that you bring down with you, could you leave it on the wagon, maybe that way it will hold me on .

2CUTE~~No kidding about the woman and emotions, my hubby is always saying....he can't say a thing cause I take it to heart...poor man, but he loves me. You can count me in I hope for that trip to Okie....My bils ex lives just outside of Okie in Arkansas...so I could really have a wonderful trip meeting all my good buddies and seeing Lisa....Hope you got your papers all filled out and in order, without to much stress.

Jo-ANN~~ 2.5 lbs....you go girl, you can shake that thang along with miss kat up there.... . I hope your trip with your daughter is a good one.

BARB~~Hope your plane ride was smooth and you didn't have to wait to long in lines etc....keep up the good work on the food.

AMANDA~~Don't beat yourself up, you admitted to yourself along with to us what you did, now brush yourself off and just start a new. We all have bad days and fall, but thats what we are hear for. {{hugs}} for you.

TINA~~hummmmmmm....you forgot me in your post today!!! I'm really quite upset about this!!! Just kidding...I forgive you, only because I hadn't posted yet. In my replies I have another widow opened just so I can make sure I get everyone that has posted since this thread started....wow, this is gonna be one lonnnnnggggggggg post. I hear ya sympathizing about the burittos.....now I have a question....MAYO???? Maybe it's good? Sounds yucky??? But I love the burrittos too.... and yesterday I said to Amanda, if only they did not make all this bad stuff taste so yummy. I am jealous of your meet with KAT!!! But, hopefully next year we will all crash in on 2cute and have a heck of a time.
MARY~~what a cutie that baby is!!!I'm with Tina, love to smell a baby, I think it's the baby lotion....could go nuts with that stuff!!!
There ladies, I believe I got everyone and if I hit a wrong key at this moment I would just sit here and because it has taken me 1/2 an hour to do this.

Work is so busy, we are in the midst of changing the Name, we are going INC. And we are moving the office.....so much stuff to do. But hopefully once things calm down I will be able to pop back in more during the day.

Hugs to you all,
Sandy

Last edited by peekabooangel; 06-18-2003 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:21 PM   #24  

Hi guys... just got home from going out for dinner.
I automatically substituted 2 veggies for potatoes and gave my bread to DH. Drank only water too. I am counting my blessings right now.

Have a ton of work to do around the house. Just wanted to peek in.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:06 PM   #25  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

HI all
First this is my 4th term as president. No one else wants it

I agree about babies they do smell wonderful. Damian is so sweet.

Jo Anne what part of Mississippi will you be? How long will you be here?

to everyone else hI more tomorrow
Old 06-18-2003, 10:26 PM   #26  

Default Re: Hello sweetpeas!

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenB

Lori: OMG.....I know I'm gonna get in trouble for posting this, but it just cracked me up when I read it:
When I first read it, I was wondering what type what type of pushups were you doing? I know, a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste....I think dh needs to do some "tendin to my garden".

Good lord, what did I start here?

TINA!!! YOU SO BAD! Dh definitely needs to get busy! (Bri is enough to give one a dirty mind )

Mary: What a darling little cutie you have there!

Peek and Thin: Uhhh....I didn't burn the whole 2000 calories doing that Gotta admit the young ones are trainable though

I just finished my tallies on Fitday.com and I am pleased with myself that I only did 1325 calories today, and the carbs are a little better than they had been in the last couple of days.

Last edited by loranden; 06-18-2003 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:14 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Trying to stay with you all!

Hi gang,

Not much to report. Busy day at work and then we had discipleship. I got home in time to inhale a small dinner then off we went. I did take the dog for a nice, vigorous walk when we got home again. Now I'll try to post this before a) more people post and b) you start a new thread.

Kat - for your big achievement. Great job! and Great inspiration to us all! That is so sad about that patient. Most definitely, the family needs our prayers; as well as the medical staff who could not save him.

Thin - Thanks for the recipes. I'm so glad you talked with your doc. Better to understand and get it under control now before any damage get done.

Lori & Tina - TMI!, TMI!, TMI! All kinds of dirty thoughts went through my mind too - wall pushups and tending the garden. Oh my!

Tina - I'm yucked out about mayo on a burrito. Although, I thought DH was insane for ketchup on his biscuits and gravy and I eat it that way now!!

Connie - Good luck with getting focus again. :

Lori - You almost got me in trouble at work. I had popped out on 3FC at about 1:30 for a short mental holiday and was sitting there looking at that picture of Brian, when one of my peers steps around the corner of my cube - he could see my monitor before I knew he was there. I whipped around and must have had a guilty look on my face or something because he asked ...."what the he** are you looking at?" Fortunately, he's a buddy and not my boss! I was too flustered to hit the correct key to get it off my screen!

Amanda - Good for you for starting with the fitday. When you get into the nutritional breakdown of foods and realize what you're eating, it almost ruins it for you. DH and I went to Chili's for lunch and then afterwards I realized Dotti had the points. Talk about freakout. DH's was 42 points and mine was 24. For lunch! Crap happens, so just move on.

JoAnne - to you too for a great loss. Have a great trip!

2Cute - Wow, buying a house. That is so much work and so stressful. When are we coming for dinner since it looks like you're a great cook! Take care of yourself!

Mary - Your nephew is so adorable. I wasn't able to see the other pics either. What a sweetie. One of these times, I am going to make it to chat. What got you started with the genealogy?

Sandy - I know what you mean about hitting the wrong key. I'm getting paranoid about losing this post too since its taken me a while to browse through and catch up with everyone.

Hope I haven't missed anyone. Certainly don't mean to exclude anyone. I'm tired and its getting harder and harder to write anything coherent.

Have a great OP Thursday!
Old 06-18-2003, 11:16 PM   #28  
Michigan Old-Timer

Just got this one in for all you chocolate/peanut butter fans. Nice twist on the old Rice Krispie Bars.

Crisp Chocolate Bars

1 Point Per bar

Store in the refridgerator or freezer

1 1/2 cups rice krispies

1/4 cup chunky peanut butter

2 oz (1/3 cup) semi sweet chocolate chips

Line a loaf pan with wax paper. In a 1 quart bowl, add 1 1/2 cups rice krispies. Set aside. In a double boiler or microwave, melt 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter and 2 oz (1/3 cup) semi sweet chocolate chips. When melted, add the mixture to the cereal. Pour into loaf pan and flatten. Place in the freezer for 1 hour.

Cut into 12 equal bars.

There are 12 points total for the whole recipe.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:16 PM   #29  

Height: 5'7"

Talking The Taco Pie was Yummy

For Sandy, Mary and Connie who were in chat when the pie was cooking. It was yummy and here is the recipe. I did make some changes to it because of what I had on hand, but I did a fresh nutrition analysis of it and it came out lower in fat. (I was happy because that meant I could afford to have another piece. )

Taco Pie

1lb. Extra Lean Ground Turkey
2 Tbsp. Taco seasoning mix
2 Tbsp. Cold water
8 oz. Fat Free sour cream
2 Tbsp. Salsa
2 ozs. chopped black olives (1/2 a small can)
3 Corn tortillas
1/2 c. Shredded cheddar cheese

Spray the tortillas with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt then crisp under the broiler, turning once. Let them cool. Crumble. (This is one of my subs. I couldn't find baked tortilla chips which was what the recipe called for 3/4c.) Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine turkey, taco seasoning, and water and press in the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie plate. Combine sour cream, salsa, black olives, and crumbled tortillas is a med. bowl and spread over the turkey crust. Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake for 40 minutes.

This makes 6 servings each at 206 cals, 4 g fat, 16 g carb, and 26 g protein.

Try this one ladies, you'll love it. I've had a very good on program day today. I didn't get out and walk, but that is all I missed.

Old 06-19-2003, 12:24 AM   #30  

STOP !!!!! DO NOT POST HERE.
iNSTEAD COME JOIN US IN THE NEXT CHAPTER OF 300+ ...#352
Closed Thread