3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Beyond Health and Appearance Why Are You Losing Weight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/285024-beyond-health-appearance-why-you-losing-weight.html)

Amy Remixed 07-19-2013 03:36 PM

Beyond Health and Appearance Why Are You Losing Weight?

I need to lose weight for health reasons. That is my main motivation. And I want to look good too. :) But beyond that I want to lose weight so that I can...

- Ride a zipline. Currently I am on the high end of the weight restrictions. It is usually 250 pounds. I don't want to test the limits.

- Travel and not have to suck in my gut during the flight.

- Buckle a seat belt without having to extend it to it's full length.

- Buy beautiful lingerie without having to buy hook extenders.

NJChick78 07-19-2013 03:42 PM

I want to have a baby. It's not safe at my weight. I will lose 50 before I try to get pregnant.

Slush 07-19-2013 06:01 PM

I'm losing weight to feel proud of myself again. I have accomplished a lot in my 21 years, but the last 2 years have been very heartbreaking for me, as I am battling an illness doctors can't even put a name to. I just have it in my mind that eating better and losing some weight will help, and I think it is because I feel better, happier, and more energetic when I eat healthier. I am doing this to feel normal again.

Psychic 07-19-2013 06:43 PM

- I want to be able to support my own body weight so I can do rock climbing.

- Someday, I want to have a baby.

- I want to take martial arts classes when I get in shape.

Mainly I'm losing weight to avoid future health issues though. My family is prone to weight-related health issues.

amandie 07-19-2013 07:25 PM

I want to fit in amusement park rides! The last time I went to Six Flags at 226, I BARELY fit. I thought I was gonna have to get off on the Superman but I sucked my gut in so much and it was so uncomfortable, I didn't even get to enjoy the ride.

Stars 07-19-2013 07:40 PM

For me, it's just health and appearance, mainly appearance lol

geoblewis 07-19-2013 08:30 PM

Oh, I want to ride a zip line too! The one in Costa Rica!

I'm a type 2 diabetic and I never want to be on medication for it.

I want to be fit enough to crew on a sail boat in the Mediterranean.

I want to save my knees and keep dancing well into my 90s.

I want to dance the tango well.

I want to live longer than my ex-husband. Because then I win!

gagalu 07-19-2013 08:48 PM

well, here are a few reasons i lost weight: body con dresses, an active sex life, and i recently posed nude at $15/hour for an art class and plan on doing so again soon.

basically, it helped me feel more positive about my body, so now i'm always engaging in activities that involve my body. i used to avoid those and stay in my room on the internet.

schxoxo 07-19-2013 09:23 PM

#1 reason - MY HEALTH! My blood pressure has been high for a couple of years now...I want to get that under control first and foremost. Hopefully losing the weight will help.
I want to buy cute clothes and not look like a cow in them and
I want to have family pictures made without cringing when I look at them because I'm so big.

GlamourGirl827 07-19-2013 10:24 PM

For my kids, to set a healthy example, which was not set for me as a kid. I wante to be able to be active with them. I don't want to be the fat mom on the bench at the park, like my mom was. Or not take my kids to the beach because I am embarassed to wear a bathinng suit, like my mom.

Elladorine 07-19-2013 10:55 PM

I've got a little one on the way and I want to be an active, involved, healthy mom (for reasons similar to GlamourGirl). And much of the reason I wanted to lose this time around was so that I could carry a healthy baby full term (my first pregnancy ended in miscarriage).

I got tired of being tired all of the time. I was sickly too, always coming down with something, showing typical symptoms of diabetes, and was sometimes in the hospital over asthma attacks. I haven't any attacks in over a year now, I'm not always looking for a place to sit down as I had in the past, and my diabetes is in remission without meds. Being healthier simply feels better.

Aclai4067 07-20-2013 12:18 PM

- To run
- To be an active/fun aunt
- To fit in patio chairs, airline seats, etc.
- To reclaim my too small wardrobe

SunnyMathChick 07-20-2013 12:57 PM

- To be a fun and active Mom
- to be a fun and active partner to my husband
- for the personal satisfaction of setting a goal and following through.

lbsgobyebye 07-20-2013 01:39 PM

To be more active and physically capable.

And to lose the hot, heavy, jiggly, uncomfortable, awkward shell around me and feel more comfortable in my own skin.