Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 01:11 PM   #16  
a work in progress...

Default My turn...

Well...that wagon stopped in my neck of the woods and I climbed on board. Lo and behold..if it isn't Miss 2cute driving the wagon herself! I'm so glad to see you back. Congrats on 8 lbs, that's great!

I have the beginnings of a plan and I'm going to keep track of food/water/exercise in my 3fc journal. Amanda, it's funny that you mention "Body For Life," I've been wanting to try the program for a long time...I'm heading off to the library today to see if they have a copy. I'd like to hit my goal by my next birthday too, which gives me just over a year to do it. I know it's possible, right, Sara?
BTW, what kind of work are you doing with your husband?

Michelle, have a wonderful vacation. Hope the weather cooperates!

Thin...sounds like the best of both worlds there...honey gets his race and you get a quiet day...ahhhh

Tina...I'm glad you decided not to hold off on WW til your trip. Too much damage can be done that month! Even if you know you will not be stellar while on the trip...giving yourself permission to be "bad" makes it less damaging. I think because we don't then have the "guilt eating" on top of the over indulgences. You know, the "I don't give a what I eat now, since I've already blown it" attitude! Mind control...it's all about that.

Terri, your pictures are really nice! Welcome back!

Mary...did you climb up on the wagon today, too? See who's driving?

Deb...welcome to our humble group. Good luck in your efforts. I know that just by giving up soda, my dh has lost about 10 lbs. Hmmmm....snacks? When I'm strict about low carbing, a handful of peanuts, celery with peanut butter or cream cheese, slice a string cheese and place each slice on about 10 turkey pepperoni, heat in the microwave.... I'll add more as I think of them.

HEY! Anyone else have any snack ideas???? Let's hear 'em!

Sandy...ain't that the truth...what day isn't Father's Day?

Barb, I know, only too well, about losing my carefully crafted posts! How come it's never the quickie ones, only the ones that take over an hour and have a message for everyone?

I think that's everyone on this last thread...I'm not chancing going back to check the previous one...So HI to everyone else, and, come on out and post!!

It's good for you!
Old 06-16-2003, 01:35 PM   #17  

YOU GO, 2CUTE!!!!!!

I am glad to see you back here and posting...and moving forward.
After pigging out all weekend while Bri was here, I got right back on my program this morning--I can assess the damage when I do my weigh in Wednesday and also take that from there.

The weekend was great. Brian's flight came in on time Friday night, but it had taken nearly an hour and a half to get through all the security checks. Good thing we weren't in any hurry, but better safe then sorry in that matter Now mind you this guy is only 5'8 and 180 pounds, but the minute he spied me, he comes over, gives me this bear hug, then proceeds to PICK ME UP OFF THE FLOOR! It's a wonder the guy didn't give himself a hernia.

We mostly stayed in Friday evening; I figured Bri was pretty tuckered out from the flight and going through security checks at airports, so my friends Siobhan and Marie came by with Marie's dh and we had an impromptu cookout. We were up yakking till 4 AM, before Bri sacked out; he looked so darn cute snoozing away on the couch, I didn't have the heart to wake him to go back to his hotel.

Saturday, we went to the Arts Festival, mostly to people watch and take in the exhibits, then Saturday night, we went out to eat and then to a karaoke place. Sweet and a cutie pie he may be, Brian cannot sing worth a hill of beans! BUT...it's the thought that counts.

Yesterday, Brian checked out of his hotel, then we stayed in at my place and watched the race; then went to the pizza joint up the street for a bite before heading back to the airport again. Once again, the security check thing before he could get on the plane.

And yes...for anyone that is curious, we did a lot of kissing too

He hasn't been gone a day, and I already miss him
Old 06-16-2003, 01:36 PM   #18  
Dancing those pounds away

Kat.... I love being back and sitting next to you on the ole wagon.
You always put a smile on my face.

As for snacks... substitute the peanuts with cashews or macadamia nuts. Lower in carbs.
If I am "truly" hungry... I snack on something with some fat content... like 10 green olives or broccolli with DIP. The fat soothes hunger and olives are good fat.
I love hard boiled eggs... often I just eat the whites only.
I even open a can of tuna sometimes.
I don't snack much... I will have to think of this one.
There are tons of new low carb products for chips and such... but I am trying to stay away from those when possible. I use them for "special" occasions when everyone is snacking.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:13 PM   #19  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Well........

Slap my butt and call me Ethel....

Here I was, sitting in my living room....pondering what in the world I should eat, when I hear a rumbling.....a tumbling....a traveling soldier if you will, with the beckoning call of a thousand angels.....

Imagine my surprise, when I look out the window and at the helm of the OP wagon was the most beautiful lady I've seen in awhile, my good old friend 2cute! The first thing I did was give her a huge hug and ask her what the **** took so long? She slung me over her shoulder in the back and lo and behold if I didn't see my old buddies Kat and Michelle! Well, after lots of crying, hand-holding and sharing of a rice cake, we headed on down the road and picked up our good buddy Mary. She was a little resistant....even threatened to smack us all with a copy of "War and Peace", but we managed to smuggle her up on the back of the wagon and now we're heading around to pick up everybody else. That means you too Sandy and Thin! (and no peanut butter cups, cheez-its or yogurt covered raisins are allowed!)

You gals better get ready.....it's gonna be a bumpy ride, but we're going to make it!!

Last edited by QueenB; 06-16-2003 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:27 PM   #20  

Tina......
Old 06-16-2003, 03:28 PM   #21  
BELIEVE!

Hello to all my Favorite Gals!
I don't have time to post right now but I did take a few minutes to read all the posts from today. I want to thank you all for adding some sunshine to my day!! I'll stop back tonight for a longer visit!
Barb
Old 06-16-2003, 04:26 PM   #22  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all!

WW went a little better than expected actually. I was only up 1 pound for this past week's indiscretions! That is a good thing!

My new week/new you program has started today. I'm terribly tired, usually get that way when I'm PMSing. Hey, it beats getting too Bi^c%y, doesn't it? I just take naps.

I had one of those Nouriche smoothie things this morning for breakfast (yes, I said breakfast) with an apple. Those are not the best possible choices I found out once I got out my WW slide. Geez 5 points! Won't be buying those again.

Then for lunch I had a left over piece of grilled fish and a small chunk of left over mashed potatoes from the other night at the steakhouse.

I am planning to grill Mahi Mahi for dinner. I splurged and bought that at my supermarket job today. I love Mahi out, now let's see if I can not screw it up at home.

I'm climbing on the back of that wagon you all got going around. You may have to get together and do a collective pull as I didn't realize how tough it is to stop eatting $hit cold turkey after you've been being bad for so long!!!

Yesterday was fun. I shipped the guys off and I lazed around and then went shopping. I thought of our old friend Malia from Hawaii. I have a long porch, that instead of running parallel to the street it runs parallel to my garage. I've never really liked to sit out on the porch because of it mostly facing my neighbors garage. But honey bought me this bench for Mother's Day and I've planted perenials in the flower bed that runs along the length of the porch and it's beginning to fill in nicely. There's a trellis on one of the porch posts that's actually right in front of where the bench is and I have a purple Clematis climbing that so I don't see much of the neighbor's anymore. I had planted a pot of vines and red petunias to sit at the end of the bench and got some beautiful red begonias in hanging baskets to put up along the edge along with my two windchimes. So yesterday I went out and got 3 plant stands of different heights and headed out to Home Depot to see what they had in hanging pots that I could take the hangers off of and sit on the stands at the edge of the narrow end of the porch where the front step is. Now I have my very own Secret Garden, hence the reference to Malia (in case you all were wondering if I'd ever get around to that! ) It is nice to go and sit out there and read. Max loves it until I keep yelling at him to stay on the porch and have to chase him. Guess I'll have to keep the kitty treats and the squirt bottle handy and get him back in the groove of summers on the porch.

Terri: I loved the pictures. Ginger is beautiful. I remember on the other thread you writing when you got her. I'm glad you finally put a picture on. I love horses. A friend of mine in high school had an apoloosa and and she would take me out to the stable where she boarded her and she had permission for me to ride an old retired race horse. She taught me to groom, etc. I was great fun.

Deb: I was a Pepsi-holic when I started WW. I found I had to just go cold turkey with it. One day I woke up and said today is the day. I had horrible headaches for 3 weeks from the withdrawal, but I stuck with it. After about 6 months or so, I would order a Diet Coke with a meal in a restaurant and was able to drink it, but trying to sub the real thing for the diet just didn't work for me until I was totally off all that sugar. As for snacks, it depends on whether you're liking salty or sweet. I'll put some pudding recipes up for you. When I'm doing well, I always have these available in the fridge already portioned out into 1 cup servings.

Sandy: Ok, girlfriend, you're on. You go for the 21, I'll go for the 30. We'll see who gets closest.

Michelle: How nice of you to check in while you're on vacation. I hope you're having a wonderful time and getting in some R&R while you're gone.

Barb: That posting thing has happened to me more times than I can count. And like Kat said, it's always on the ones that have taken an hour to put together.

Mary: I'm still digging for books to send you. I will get it together here, I know I will. I haven't forgotten you.

Amanda: Well, honey, I wish you the best of luck working with your DH. That's a little too much 'togetherness' for me! Remember I wasn't the nosey one that wonders what kind of 'work' you'll be doing!!

2cute: Nice to have you back, sweetie! And don't you just know it's all coming together when you can lose 8 pounds without even making a conscience effort. Yeah, girlfriend. GREAT JOB!! You're living the NEW life already!

Kat: The quotes were great! I love 'em! Could you give me a hand with the wagon thing? I need all the help I can get.

Lori: Glad your 'meet up' with Brian went so well. Sounds like you had a nice weekend. And no, I wasn't "curious", it was none of my business.

Tina: "Slap my butt and call me Ethel"????? Oh God how you make me miss living in the south!!! Hope you don't mind if I use that one a time or two. My poor honey won't know what to think. BTW, have you thought of being a short story writer? You have such a way of putting things sometimes, if nothing else it would be entertaining.

Ok, ladies. I need to run and take back a little table I bought yesterday for my front porch. It's too tall and flimsy to serve the purpose I was looking for, putting my cold drink on it so I won't have to bend over! After all, what's the sense of enjoying an afternoon in a secret garden if you have to keep bending over to reach your lemonade??? Oh, Speaking of Lemonade. Minute Maid (a Coke product) puts out a light lemonade that is very good.

Anyway, I'll see all of you later.

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."
- Elmer G. Leterman

Last edited by thinthinker; 06-16-2003 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:39 PM   #23  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Here's a couple of those recipes, Deb:

Pumpkin Mousse

2 boxes of sugar free vanilla pudding
2 cups Fat Free (skim) milk
1 3/4 cups of canned pumpkin
3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 - 8 oz. container of fat free Cool Whip

Beat the pudding, milk, canned pumpkin and spice together. Fold in the Cool Whip.
Chill for a couple of hours.

Makes 6 – 1 cup servings 1 point per serving

You can use this in a Reduced Fat Graham Cracker Crust and serve as a pie.
You will have to add 2 points per 1/8 of the pie.

Orange Creamsicle

1 small package sugar free, fat free orange jello
1 small package sugar free, fat free vanilla pudding
1 cup boiling water
8oz. Fat free Cool Whip
1 small can Mandarin oranges, drained (reserve juice)

Add 1 cup boiling water to orange jello. Stir until dissolved. Add water to reserved juice to make 1 cup. Add to jello. Beat in pudding powder. Add mandarin oranges. Fold in Cool Whip.

Makes 4 cups. 1 cup = 1 point
Old 06-16-2003, 04:42 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Smile Miles and Minutes

WAY TO GO 2CUTE

I am so proud of you,
I also want thank you for putting this in your previous post ".... and I have decided that life is too short to waste a single moment of wallowing in pity, depression, doubt, FEAR or any other negative emotion. In weight loss as well as ALL OF LIFE.... ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING !!" because this is inspiration. I for sure will keep this in mind.

As for my exercise this is what I have done, for the week of 6/9-6/15, I walked 9.25 miles @ 219 minutes total and 61 minutes of riding my stationary bike. This is good, at least I think so. I can now make a goal of walking 10 miles a week and total of 300 minutes of exercise (bike, walk, video).
Now for my WOE thats another project, as I am trying to get my diabetes under control. And the weight? well, we will see tomorrow when I weigh-in at my TOPS group. Even if it's not what I would want, I at least know I am working on it.
I wish for you all to have a great week and I'll see you lighter.
Joanne in AZ

Last edited by joe anne; 06-16-2003 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:53 PM   #25  

Height: 5'7"

Angry

Well today was good and bad. So of course my first thought was to come here and tell all of you about it. First off the job I was doing with hubby was loading tree limbs on to a truck and hauling them to the burn pile. The bad news is the man who hired him wasn't that pleased with my work. (Although he was very kind about it.) The good news is he is pleased with my hubby. So I did a half a day and then hauled my tired butt home. No reason to pay childcare when I don't have to. I'm really not all that upset about it. With the pending move if this had worked out we wouldn't have had any free time at all. So this frees me up to do more of the things we need to do to get ready to move. We also figured out that if my hubby works with another guy for 6 10hr. shifts he will actually bring home more money than we would have brought together minus childcare costs. So that is the route we plan to go.

WI is tomorrow and at least I burned some extra calories today. I even still started my day with a walk. I'm hoping for a good loss this week. I'm going to try keeping up the walking and the schedule change and then as soon as possible I'm going to start doing Body for Life. I hope the pounds just roll away. I may not be helping hubby with his business this year, but I will be next year.

Well, I need to go pick up my daughter. They were bowling and I didn't want to ruin her fun by picking her up in the middle of it. I hope to see you ladies again tonight. If I'm not to tired.

Old 06-16-2003, 06:19 PM   #26  

THIS JUST IN: New Yorker beaned by rice cakes in wagon drive by!

LOL. Sorry, that thought just crossed my mind after I read all the posts. Seems like a lot of us are climbing aboard.

Today is a new day. Went out and bought all healthy stuff last night....now I just need Hugh Jackman to come over and cook it for me while wearing nothing but faded levi's. Hey, a girl can dream can't she?!

Seriously though, thanks for your posts TooCute. Especially that motivational one.....felt myself snap to attention lol.

Thanks for the recipes Thinthinker. Still working on the popcorn but Mom doesn't remember it. Might just have to break out the popcorn and see if I can figure it out. Worse that can happen is my house will smell like burnt popcorn....maybe that will be an appetite suppressant? LOL...if it is I'll definately post!

Have a great day everyone!

Deb
Old 06-16-2003, 08:16 PM   #27  
a work in progress...

oooohhh...Hugh Jackman....

*sigh*
Old 06-16-2003, 09:38 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Well, I had great intentions of coming here tonight and writing a wonderful, huge post to everyone. Except now its almost 8:30 and my mind is tired. And I can't think of what I wanted to say to each of you!

I've had a really good food day. Now, I have to keep it up for the week so I'm not mad on Saturday morning. I did some yardwork and then 20 minutes on the airdyne when I first got home tonight. I need to get going soon to take the dog for his walk. He is getting so obnoxious lately about when he's ready for HIS walk. Sheesh, no rest for the wicked. But also good because I think its showing up in the scale.

Ever since I've read Tina's post about the wagon, I have the theme song to "Rawhide" running through my head. Except that I can't quite remember it. Jump on board though ladies! Yeeeahaaw! (The bad thing is I vaguely remember the bicycle version of it that ends with ..... man my buns are swollen!)

Here's what I can remember that I wanted to say:

2cute - Fabulous!!!! That is so great that you've been doing the right behaviors without it feeling negative about it. "Diets" are always negative. I'm so excited for you to see that success in the scale. Staying off the scale can be good as long as you focus on doing healthy behaviors consistently which you have. Maybe you have found what keeps you focused and positive. Keep it up!!!

Thin - Your garden sounds so relaxing. I've been plotting where I'm going to put a purple clematis next year. Those are so gorgeous. I planted roses this year and I have my first roses this week! Do you happen to have WW recipes for frozen pies - something like key lime pudding and cool whip that is frozen??? Or anything like that? Doesn't have to be key lime; just that I remember that's one of the versions.

Lori - I admit, I was curious about how your weekend went with Brian. Not about the kissing part! But how you too got along. I'm so happy for you. Where is he from? Good luck to you both!

Sorry gals, but that is about all I can remember right now. I think I'm going to go get the dog and get our walk in so I can head to bed.

Have a great evening!
Old 06-16-2003, 09:54 PM   #29  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Kat, Please tie me in that wagon, I fell off and busted my butt

Good to see all the posts.

Thin send the books when you can.

I worked all day and stayed over for a meeting. thats when I fell off the wagon I went to Sonic and got a burger large fries and diet coke.

Well fidly dee tomorrow is another day.

This wagon need seat belts
Old 06-16-2003, 10:09 PM   #30  

I have been thinking about this post all weekend; I have really been wrestling with this.

The wagon sounds fun, however, I will not be on it with you all.

This is regarding a post from Thurs or Fri night last week, about "oldies" and "newbies". I really thought I had found a place here. I guess I was wrong.

I have enjoyed meeting all of you ladies. I'll try to read the thread from time to time.

Lotsa luck in your weight loss ventures.
Closed Thread