3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   whyyyy feeling down :( (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/284939-whyyyy-feeling-down.html)

mommy1028 07-17-2013 04:10 PM

whyyyy feeling down :(

Hi everyone, not new here but it's been forever since I was here last.. shame on me. Hit an all time high in my weight today and feeling so down on myself. Where does it even come from? I know eating and not enough exercise but I don't eat much at all my 5 year old eats more than I do on most days... Ugh. I need some support after seeing this weight of.. 289 on my 5'2 body it's way too much and I'm scared of what may happen if I don't get started on this weight loss A.S.A.P. Anyone at or around this weight want to join me kicking this fat to the curve. Need some motivation..

Vortex_VVV 07-17-2013 05:30 PM

I know you're not at 300, but you'll find a lot of people at your weight or lower on the 300+ club boards and the 100lb. club also. We all know what a long journey it can be. I don't think I'll ever leave the 300+ group because I need people who understand my struggle. Feel free to join us!

PreciousMissy 07-17-2013 06:25 PM

Welcome to 3FC! You'll find a lot of great supportive people on this site!

luckymommy 07-18-2013 10:07 AM

I hope you figure things out....it's not a smooth journey, but it's so worthwhile. I think the first thing that you should do is count calories. It doesn't have to be forever (which is what I do, but I know it's not for everyone)....but at least for a week. Don't change your habits at all. Just count and use a food scale, since those are the most accurate. Once you figure out how many calories you're consuming, you can find ways to cut down or add exercise. A lot of people really underestimate how much they eat. I'm not saying you are, but I recently saw this on a British documentary. Two best friends, one underweight, one over weight. They were both baffled and they both believed that the overweight one ate much less than the underweight one but when researchers followed them around, they discovered that she was actually eating a lot more on her own. Those little nibbles added up. They also tested her metabolism and found that it was normal, not slow as she has suspected. So it's good to really count and see how much you're having.

Motivation is fleeting, I find. Sometimes I have it and sometimes I don't....commitment is essential because that will lead to consistency and that is the key. I do have days when I slip but I try to just jump back on that wagon asap.

I look forward to seeing more posts from you! :)

showchinesecresteds 07-18-2013 11:23 AM

Write down EVERYTHING you put in your mouth. Many of us eat, taste without thought. It has helped me (I am on Weight Watchers - I do the simple points by myself - not online or meetings) to see what I eat and how much. It gives ME power over what I eat. I know that sounds funny but I too wondered just where the weight came from.
Like others said even cutting back on one thing can help. Small steps! The people on this board are fabulous!!!!

mommy1028 07-18-2013 01:27 PM

I never thought about writing it all down I could do that. Thanks everyone 287.9 this morning and not complaining. So today I start writing down exactly what is getting put into my body!

sando5 07-18-2013 01:53 PM

I added an app on my phone to track my food. It is very helpful to me since my phone is always near me. Tracking all food is eye opening at the end of the day when you see a total calorie count. Knowing calorie counts help make the right decisions.
:) Thinking good thoughts for you! You are worth it!

NJChick78 07-18-2013 05:08 PM

Someone on here recommended myfitnesspal. just google that. I am using it to track my food and weight. its a great tool. if you have a tablet or smart phone... there is an app for it!

I am close to your size. We can do this. We can get healthy. I remember when I was a little girl I would do Sweatin to the Oldies along with my Mom. Would your 5 yo like to help you exercise?

meltitaway 07-18-2013 09:53 PM

I was there....at just about the same height and weight! Now, I am approaching ONEDERLAND!!!! It hasn't been fast...it hasn't been easy, but it is something I am going to be able to do forever! Just hang in there and do what you know is right for your body! Best Wishes!

mommy1028 07-18-2013 11:37 PM

Since I first posted in a very depressed mood I must say I have changed my way of thinking. I can do this for once in my life it's really sinking in I'm not getting younger sadly.. and this weight is going to hold me down forever if I don't take charge of it. I seen a post on Facebook once that said I wish I was as skinny as I was when I thought I was fat. That is so me I was always the chunkier girl but looking back I want that not so fat body back and I'd be happy with it. I will get that body back and I'm beyond excited to go closet shopping I have tons of clothes that used to fit and that will fit again. I'm taking charge of my life! Thanks so much for your support everyone =)

shcirerf 07-18-2013 11:52 PM

I agree with the others. Take a few weeks and write down every single thing you put in your mouth. Don't forget soda, beer, flavored coffee and so on, also count!

Take a look not only at the quantity of food/drink, but the quality! And when, where and why you are eating or having a Coke or whatever.

The info is not a sign of any kind of failure, it's only feedback, that will help you identify problem areas, and help you to work towards correcting certain behaviors and choices.:D

Slush 07-19-2013 12:06 AM

Honey I feel you completely! I am starting to feel the weight on me, literally, and it never effected me like this before. I too feel like if I don't do something soon, something might happen, because it is a lot of weight to carry around. I have finally committed to this journey, but it still feels like it doesn't come off fast enough. I mean, tomorrow anything can happen, and I know it will take a while to lose it all, or even a good amount. All we can do though is kick a** and have faith. I'm struggling a lot right now with limiting my carbs, because that is what made me gain the weight in the first place. I am doing well though, baby steps. Lots and lots of baby steps. :) Good luck to you!!

luckymommy 07-19-2013 12:35 AM

I'm so glad that you changed your outlook! It's SO easy to feel hopeless and discouraged but those are not helpful emotions....they only make things worse. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you'll get there. By this time next year, you'll be so glad you did! :)

mommy1028 07-19-2013 12:37 AM

It takes time to lose it believe me I have to get that in my head too! We can do this!! It took too much food and not enough exercise to put it on and now we have to reverse it. A little less food and a lot more exercise. It takes time but it will be worth it! Just like with other things in life pregnancy... longest 9 months ever waiting on your little munchkin to be born and then labor :/ but it's all worth it. Planning a wedding can be very stressful and takes a lot of time to get everything just right but in the end it's all worth it. Going to keep an open mind with all of this and work hard.