So frustrated!

• 6 months ago...I set out on a plan to lose 50 lbs by Nov 1st....4 months away from now. I have not lost a single pound...in fact...I gained 11 lbs. UGH I can't get control over myself, my eating, my body and I am just so frustrated. I have a cruise for my 10 year anniversary on Nov 2 and I really wanted to be more comfortable with myself especially out on the beach in Mexico in a bathing suit. I did not want to spend my 1st cruise feeling self conscious the whole time. I want to wear cute clothes. Right now I am 217.6 and I would really like to at least get under 200 by then. I have done great today food wise but it is a constant fight with myself to not binge right now when I am bored and everyone is in bed. :-(
  • The key to avoiding the binge is knowing how to stop the urge when it starts. Maybe you could exercise or go drink some water, someone I know said that brushing their teeth stops them from wanting to binge. You can do this--and you still have plenty of time to work on your goal. Put the past behind you and move on from this moment. :-)
  • Thank you! I did end up having a small bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese after my post but managed to be down 1.4 lbs this morning. Today has gone MUCH better. I think seeing my scale go down a bit made me feel more determined. I am going to do it. I know it will be hard but I have to. I was recently told at my doc appointment that I have borderline high blood pressure AND cholesterol and my pancreas is getting wonky...possibly on the verge of pancreatitis. I had been eating high fat/very low carb and I guess that kind of diet is not going to work for me while I know it works for others. Right now I am just eating low fat/bland foods and counting calories. Yesterday I only hit about 1000 or so which is too low so I am aiming for about 1200 to 1400 a day.
  • I had the same problem tonight. I was really tempted to go crazy and eat everything. I probably did eat more than I should have. But tomorrow is a new day! Just keep working towards your goal and don't give up!