How many pounds to lose a ring size?

• I am just curious, how many pounds do I need to lose to lose a ring size? Actually, I need to lose less than a ring size, maybe 1/2 size? I am trying to fit into my wedding ring.

I can get the ring over my knuckle (when my finger isn't swollen) but that's about it. Today I pushed it on all the way with some force, but when I tried to take it off, I had a very difficult time and I got scared!
    My finger is a size 3, a size 4 slides off so I am thinking about 1/2 size? Would 10 or 15 lbs be enough?
  • I think every one is different but I went from a 7 to a 5 in 85 pounds. Shoe size 8.5 to 7.5
  • I agree, everyone is different. I have weighed over 220 lbs at my highest, right before delievering my kids (and now!) and my lowest near 145 lbs, and I've always been about a 4 - 4.5/ I think my wedding band is a 4.5 and my engagment is a 4 and a quarter> I don't remember...the wedding band might be a 4??

Anyway at my thinnest, my band are lose and spin around easier and at my highest they are less loose, but not tight or snug at all. I just am not one of those people that gains or loses weight in my fingers...or feet for that matter. I'm always the same show size.
  • I was able to wear my rings from 265 down to about 200 or so. Then I stopped wearing them for a few months. Now my wedding rings fit on my middle finger, although they are kind of loose now.

In 110 lbs, I lost 1.5 ring sizes, from 7 to 5.5.
  • thanks all! I did some research and a lot of people were saying 20 lbs per size, so that's 10 lbs per 1/2 size. Of course, you are all right, everyone is different. I guess I will have to wait for my goal weight to see if the ring fits then which it should since it fit when I used to be that weight. Cheers!
  • My ring size hasn't changed from high school, regardless of how much weight I've gained or lost. The only time it changed was at the end of my pregnancy when I was severely swollen. Whether I'm 115lbs or 185lbs my fingers have stayed the same.
  • My rings are looser but I am still wearing them. I may have lost a size or a size and a half since some that were a bit loose to start with now are on my middle finger instead of my ring finger.

Here's how I got my wedding ring off once when it got really stuck when I was pregnant many years ago. I wrapped a bandaid around the finger near the ring. Not so tight that it cuts off circulation, but just a little tight. Then I held my arm up over my head for something like a half hour. This got some of the fluid out of that area. After holding my hand up for a while, I took the bandaid off and immediately put some liquid soap all around the ring and the finger, and it came off fairly easily. I was afraid i was going to need to have it cut off.
  • I'm sure everyone is different, but I've lost 20 pounds and I can definitely tell that my rings are getting looser. Luckily, the only one I really wear on a daily basis is an adjustable wrap-around snake.
  • I've been wondering about the relationship between weight loss and ring size. Luckily, my favourite Giliarto offers a wide selection of rings, ensuring there's something for everyone, regardless of size. Their expert team can help you find the perfect fit.