Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 08:22 AM   #1  

Exclamation Help me - I am VERY lost...

Hi there. I am new to the board - my name is Sue. My friend and I have both agreed Lo-Carb is the way to go, but I am so confused about plans! I have been on a roller coaster for 3 years now - losing and regaining the same 15 pounds.

Tried Suzanne Somers - just can't deal with all the rules.

Did WW - lost 22 but gained most back. Ediets lo carb plan did nothing for me.

Have been bouncing back and forth between South Beach and Atkins. I liked South Beach but I miss fruit a lot during the induction phase.

My goals this year were to: (a) finally lose 20lbs and (b) keep it off while just eating normally.

Any recommendations? For the Atkins folks, how did you get started? Did you try Ediets plan?

I am eternally thankful for any advice. Love the site.

Sue
Old 06-12-2003, 09:49 PM   #2  
Hot Stuff

Hi Sue! I'm not a low-carber but I couldn't let this sit out there unanswered. If you haven't found your way there yet, there is a low-carb forum here where you should get some answers to your questions. Look for it underneath the WW forums in the "Forum Jump" list at the bottom of the page.

Hope you find what you're looking for!
Old 06-13-2003, 08:54 AM   #3  

Default Thanks!

Thanks very much - have a good weekend...Sue
Old 06-13-2003, 08:55 AM   #4  

Hi Sue!
I don't want to sound like an expert. This is purely my observation. But maybe you are sabatoging yourself with all these plans. I mean it sounds like you have to put a lot of work and effort into it. Personally I have simply cut back, exercise and drink lots of water. I do try to do things like hamburger with no bun, one ice cream treat a week and just things that make common sense for healthy eating. But I wanted to make sure that this was something I could follow for ever. So I made it as simple as possible. These plans may or may not be something you can do forever and when you go back to eating normal hence the weight gain.

I guess I should say I have lost 50lbs since Jan of this year doing exactly what I described above. I don't think these are typical results. But I usually don't have a problem getting the weight off once I really set my mind to it. My struggle is keeping it off. That is why like I said before I really tried to make this as simple as possible this time so I would be able to continue forever.

I hope that I have helped even if just a little. Good luck!

Beth
Old 06-13-2003, 02:52 PM   #5  

Wow! That is good! I'm trying to keep it simple but interesting. I think I need to exercise much more. Thx for the advice.

Sue
Old 06-16-2003, 12:22 PM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Sue if you do think that Low carb is what you want to try then join us in the forum a bit lower it is under the WW section. but be honest with your self if you think that fruit is one thing you can not live with out on any low carb plan it IS limited. atkins PP or what ever plan you try. do what you feel is best in your heart and realize that the way you chose you must be a way you can live with as the weight loss plan is something you must stay with or you will gain the weight back!!
Old 06-16-2003, 01:06 PM   #7  
Dancing those pounds away

HI Sue... just wanted to say that many people are doing low carb and don't even know it. Leaving off the bun, ice cream once a week... all low carb but without the label.

I agree... we need a food plan for LIFE. Not just to lose weight.
Substitute veggies for potatoes when eating out.
Skipping the bread. DRINKING LOTS OF WATER. I never order diet pop with my meals anymore. Water, water , water.

COMMITMENT is most important.

I agree... there is a LC group under forum... they should have great advice. There are tons of LC boards all over the net.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:25 PM   #8  

I agree with all the above. And you need a lifetime eating plan that is EXACTLY tailored to you, your food likes/dislikes, how much you cook or like to cook, what you can live with. How much work you have to do to get going losing weight. Lots of fine tuning, so you can live with it!

Also, exercise is crucial - I can live with lots of walking and a bit of running, so that is what I do. And I had to cut out eating pasta and rice, except once in awhile. And I like pizza crust, so I skip the cheese part and everyone gives me the crusts; or I eat ONE piece, and a few crusts and that is a lot better than eating 3 whole pieces.

And it is good to find staple foods/meals that YOU like and can eat regularly, and can fix without thinking. I tend to overeat when I am starving and have to fix the kids' meal...so I make sure I have sugarfree jello or a yogurt, to hold me. So I feel looked after!

Lidian

180/142.5/???
Closed Thread