Time for SERIOUS FUN #4

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • We are a group who supports each other through all of life's ups and downs, not just weight loss.

Please pull up a keyboard and have a sit and let loose with us.
  • I will be back to post, but right now I have to get my butt to work on time. Once I get there I will call you up and give you a post
  • Me again...

I decided to pull out the scale a bit early as I have been doing so well with my eating--scarily (is that word?) well, in fact!

The verdict is........

DOWN 2 lbs.!!!! Wahoo!!

Ok...now, I am REALLY off to go workout!!

Happy in NH......
  • Michelle, you go girl....congrats on the loss.

I'm here at work now and figured I better get this post in before the boss gets here for the day. I have a major project to work on with her today, so I won't be around after this till this afternoon sometime.

I plan on food being good today!! I broght a WW meal for lunch and my trusty flavored waters.

I hope everyone is waking to nice weather and is starting their day off nice.

Tootles,
    Peek
  • Thursday: Time for us! Try and get some time for yourself today!

Whoopdeedoo for Michelle! Nothing like a weight loss to get you up and running! Congratulations!

Hey guys! I was up at 1 AM looking at clothes for this wedding and found a dress I love, but to be truthful besides being nervous about fit and getting here on time, I plain don't want to spend $130 for something I hopefully will shrink out of. I was just a mess about it really laying in bed this morning when VOILA it came to me. I jumped up and ran to the closet that holds all my suits and dress clothes (none of them fit properly anymore, thus the need to buy something). Several years back I bought a bunch of clothes to take on a cruise we never got to take, most of them were pretty snug. One of them was this gauze dress and jacket. My gut/butt always made the dress pretty snug, but I thought I would chance it this morning. It slid right down over this butt of mine! The only drawback is when we moved it got stained on the sleeve of the jack and front of the dress and I am working on that and 2 it is white. BUT, I figure since this is a 3rd wedding, I am going to go ahead and wear it because it will work so well. I will get a really spiffy pair of mules or dressy sandals and silver jewelry to take away from the white dress. (I just checked on the stain and they are both coming out! yahoo!) Now I can spend that money on my hair, nails, handbag and shoes!

I sure hope the storms hold off long enough for me to get in and out of the pool. It technically doesn't open until 9 and though it may not be locked, I try and obey the rules.

Not much else going on this morning. I am getting ready to clean downstairs today but that is about as exciting as it gets.

Faye
  • Perfect!

Hey Faye! Perfect idea!!!! You are so right about spending that kind of money on something that you may not be able to wear again!! And doesn't it feel so AWESOME that you CAN fit into that dress??? Way to go!! A nice little bonus You can always use the shoes and handbag again and again, so, this is a great idea.

When is the wedding?

Have fun in the pool. I could really use a dip after my workout this morning. Any of you gals ever done step aerobics? I have the Kathy Smith Air Bench video. It is different from the traditional step. Wow!! Intense!!! It is quite humid this morning and I am literally drenched right now!! A swim would be really nice, but gotta finish opening it up. Hopefully, hubby can work on it tonight

Enjoy the day
  • I did my 45 minutes dispite the rain. Actually, it was just sprinkling and no thunder or anything so I thought, "what the heck I am going to get wet anyway!" It is so good to be able to do something that is good for you and you enjoy. Maybe I can find an indoor pool to do in the fall and winter, otherwise I suppose I will go back to walking.

Michelle: I can't do anything step. About 7 years ago, I fell off a chair putting up a valance and dislocated my right knee and thumb. Because I was obese, the stupid and I do mean STUPID orthopedist at the hospital refused to do anything for me. He said I should lose weight and it would right itself. Well, it hasn't. Every once in awhile, it will go out and make me stumble. I have had several near falls and a couple doozies from it. I am waiting until I am at goal and then I am going in and see if there is something that can be done.

Well, this is not getting my shower after my workout or the mopping done downstairs to finish it up so I had better go.

Faye
  • Hey girlies, how are you this Thursday? I'm doing OK in my little side of the world I seem to be doing ok with the weight loss as well. Kinda kept it off despite the 3 pieces of cheesecake this week. But that's OK. AND I got my workout in last night, walked about 20 blocks to get my Wednesday night pizza with guy #2! LOL

Michelle ~ Big congrats on your weight loss you go girlfriend!

Faye ~ That is GREAT news on the dress! I was not so fortunate myself...I went to put on the first shorts of the season last night and a new pair I bought 2 months ago, don't fit! I don't quite understand it, so that shook me a little, but today I am feeling strong! Something weird must be up with those shorts, LOL, so I went to target and bought a new pair this morning! I am also very sorry to hear about your orthopedist. I think you may even look into suing! That's caused you premanent pain and suffering b/c of his neglegence!

Anyway, I'm maintaining over here. I did AWESOME yesterday with my plan, I met 2 mini goals of mine...I only ate one bad thing, and it was only a tootsie roll pop...and then I had 2 smaller pieces of pizza as opposed to the 3 I normally eat. Plus I still got that exercise in. So I'm psyched.

OK I need some advice. I think I've reached te point where I want to get rid of one of my guys..#2. But I'm not sure how to go about doing it. I've never actually broken up with anyone..yes I am 25 and haven't broken up with anyone...I just usally stop seeing them and slack off, but this time, it won't work. I work with this guy, literally right next to him. And he can be kinda "bi-polar" in his actions and emotions sometimes which freaks me out and is part of the reason I want to end it with him. I would like to maintain a friendship, but he's kinda an "all or nothing" type of guy. So I'm worried that he'll be detrimental to my working environment (#1 I know I should have thought of this......#2 My boss already hates me.) and that he won't be able to accept friendship. I mean a big complaint is his atheism (I'm not overly religious, I'm more agnostic) and his financial planning (he's 34, has no savings and "just stopped paying" his student loans and credit card bill. So that's my life..I'm just trying to figure out the best way to dump him... HELP.

OK that was my off topic rant, I'm back to the trenches of work! LOL

Have a great day ladies!

Missy
  • Michelle: Good gravy girl that is kind of messy. I think your best course of action is to ease out of the relationship. If he is manic in his actions, then it really isn't going to make much difference how you handle it, but it might save your job if you have trouble with your boss. I would find something legitimate to take up my time where I normally would be seeing him. Don't drop him right away, but make it clear that because of your commitment that you are only going to be able to see him like one night a week. Then back out of it further by telling him you met someone (wherever you met this other guy) and want to pursue the relationship with him. You will need to sweeten it up a lot like I really treasured our time together and want to stay friends and do things together from time to time etc. Wouldn't hurt if he could get interested in someone else either. This one if one of those "I learned a big lesson from this" sort of thing! Good luck sweety!

Where is everyone today? Must have a busy day! Hope everyone is dong well and staying OP!

Faye
  • Faye ~ you crack me up! LOL You are another person to add to my list of people who call me Michelle! hahahah! It's so weird, when I started working at my current job there were 5 different people that called me that. Here it's especially confusing with all the other "real" Michelle's. but I got the drift.

That's a good idea though Faye, start acting too busy to hang out with him. I mean I do really like him as a person, not just as a future mate, ya know? But my concern with that is I know he starts to get more annoyed/angry when I don't hang out with him. But then I just say..hey buddy, my (fill in the blank) is more important to me.

OK, I swear I'm done talking about this. I just needed some married ladies' prospectives from you guys!
  • Finally, I'm back at my computer screen. The day was soooooo busy, I didn't get time to come back. Then I got home and my brothers girlfriend was here so I had to visit, now I'm doing supper and here.....good thing woman can multi task .

Missy: Oh my, what a perdiciment you are in. Wish I could give you some good solid advice, but I've never been in that situation. Hope all goes well with letting #2 down.

Faye: Swimming in the rain, so true that you will only be getting wet anyway, and if there is no thunder and lightning you may as well swim. Way to go sticking to it. Good choice on the dress for the wedding too, maybe she won't be in White since you said it is her 3rd. She will be so suprised.

where is everyone else?????

Toot Toot Tootles,
    Peek
  • Ok Darn it, I think we are all going to take numbers and use them instead of names!

Sorry, Missy, I guess I was brain dead for a minute!

Peek: How is the new baby coming along? I can't wait to see a picture of her!

Not much to talk about. My food could have been better today. It wasn't terrible, but it definitely could have been "tighter" so to speak.

Well, just peeked in as I was checking an e-mail response. I need to go.

Friday is Fabulous lbs down Friday. Hope everyone did well this week!

Faye
  • Okay my beautiful woman, Where are the posts? I went to bed early last night, then on here in the a.m to see what there was to read and there was nothing new? Where is everyone hiding? Did you all go to bed early?

The kids just headed out the door, they have a full day of school today and 1/2 on Monday and that's it for the year. Let the summer time begin. Which means, after a day of work I will get to come home to MOM what can we do, can we go here there everywhere......oh the joys of motherhood. Actually, I would not trade my kiddos for anything, they are my world, and I try to sit and remember what it was like at 5 and 11 and know what they want to do. My kids are a bit spoiled but well, I guess I try to give them the stuff I didn't have, but that gets me to another story and I don't want to go there today.

I'm hoping work is a little calmer today, but who knows. Just glad the weekend is here and can enjoy a couple of days. Although the weather man says rain tonight and tomorrow.

Okay today is Friday Faye? What is the deals for Friday? Please e mail me the day things.....example....MON=whatever we are calling mondays.....like Thursday is time for yourself day? Then I will make up a starting post for the thread that we can just copy and paste to a new one when it is time to start.

Okay gotta run to jump in the shower and get my butt to work, will try to check in from there today if it's not crazy.

Tootles,
    Peek
  • TGIF

Well, Friday is here...which means it is ALMOST the weekend

Missy: I agree with the advice that Faye gave you about this guy #2. Just be careful. Given what you have said about this guy, I think you are making a very wise decision to put a halt to this relationship. Good luck!!

Faye: That is awful about your knee problems. Some doctors are total idiots and I don't know how they make it in their profession. Even some rehab by a physical therapist would be a good thing for you at this point. The longer you put off a knee problem, the worse it gets and the harder it is to fix, so please don't put it off! Just think, you could be doing some simple exercises that could bring you lots of relief and be strengthening at the same time. Ok....I will stop lecturing now, Just don't want you to get worse over time!

Peek: How come mothers don't get a summer vacation?? Do you have anything exciting planned for the summer? Will you be able to take any time off to do something as a family?

Yikes! I just realized today is Friday the 13th! Better stay away from any black cats, don't walk under ladders, and my dad would add stay away from elevators to the list. When he was working as an electrician, he was training a new guy. He worked at Plymouth State College. They were working on the elevators and the idiot new guy turned the elevator on while my dad was doing whatever. His right hand got caught in the belts and it took off all fingers down to the first and second joints, except for his thumb! Needless to say, my dad is always a bit leary on Friday the 13th!!

Well, I need to get steppin and get some other things done today. I guess I won't be working outside as it is raining AGAIN!

Have a great OP day, gals!! What happened to Deon and Gigglez? Hope to see you 2 soon :

Hugs!
  • FRIDAY: Fabulous Lbs down. If you don't have a loss that is ok, tell us goals etc

Good morning everyone! Man I was so tired last night I went to bed before the chickens and that is pretty early!

I am kind of sore this morning but I really did a tough routine yesterday so that is probably the cause. Mostly it is my hips and I do 4 reps of 10 of total legs circles in the water and the ole hip doesn't like the forward ones much!

I am down another 3 lbs. I have been bouncing around this week, but I think it is because of TOM and I think I am starting to build muscle so my weight is going to slow down. No problemo as long as my body shrinks!

I talked to my grandson yesterday, who will the three in a couple weeks. He told me he was going to take his Granddad to "Cracker Bawwel" for lunch on Saturday for Father's Day. He said, "I think Granddad would like Cracker Bawwel." Now that surprised us all because usually if you ask him where HE wants to eat it is either, "Quigznos" (Quiznos) or "Woobys" (Lubys). I have no idea why he likes Lubys, but Quiznos has barstool chairs and he likes sitting in the "high chairs" as he calls them. I told my dh his grandson wanted to take him to lunch on Saturday for Father's Day. "Where's he want to go, Quiznos?" I don't think dh was thrilled with either one, but he bucked up and said, "Well, wherever he wants to take me is ok."

Today is a totally off day. I have everything done in the house so I can veg out. Not that I don't veg a lot considering I don't work and have no kids in the house, but ask Peek, I am usually cleaning something!

I am going to go and get my suit on and do my daily chores and then go get in the pool while the sun is still out. I looked at the weekly forcast on weather channel and it is predicting rain for a whole week intermittantly I guess.

BYEEEEEEEE!
    Faye
    PS: went to the pool and did my 45 and came back and got hit for Friday the 13th I guess. My cat tore one of my library books to BITS! There goes $20.00 down the drain!