Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/250/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default Getting my mind right and ready

Hey everyone, I’m back. I fell off the wagon, rolled down a hill, hit a wall and now am trying to pick myself back up. I was the proudest I have ever been in those whole 2 weeks I lasted during my initial attempt. I am going to be 35 yrs old in 2 weeks and I am finding myself wearing more and more elastic waists. I am so discouraged and depressed and I feel worthless. And I have a 15 year old daughter that is following in my footsteps. I don’t want her to end up going through what I have gone through. She already is self conscious.

I need some motivation. I really want this. I think about it everyday.
emid78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Welcome back! You can do this! Help your daughter help herself by helping YOURself. You are not worthless but I understand you might feel less than good. It is your time to shine! Take your desire and turn it into action. What's your plan?
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:28 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I know how discouraging it is to fall off the wagon. I've done it loads of times and I'll bet that if you ask, most people would say that they have been in a similar situation. I think it's important not to beat yourself up about it. If weight loss and sticking to a plan was easy, there would not be so many of us who want to lose so badly and find it so darn difficult. Rather than feel the negative, try to turn it into something of a learning experience. Ask yourself what you think threw you off course and find ways to avoid such situations in the future, as much as possible. Set yourself up for success by planning and following through and have some go to strategies for when you're feeling weak. You can do it!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #4  
200 by labor day

S/C/G: 223.6 / 214.4 / 150

Height: 5' 6"

I have found more information and ideas on how to lose then I can shake a stick at.
You should start simple, something you and your daughter CAN DO.
After all of the information overload I have got from everyone I came up with a plan that is working for me.
I will drink more water.
I will eat from a smaller plate.
I will say no to seconds.
I will walk at least 1 mile, 3 days a week .
I will change my life 1 baby step at a time.
I will fall down.
I will get back up and do it again.

You need to find simple things to start out. If you do too much too fast you may find yourself giving up too easy.
Make small LIFE changes and your body will change with it.
lady in gray is offline   Reply With Quote