Weight loss hard to accomplish without support

• Ive never reached out for help, via Forum style, but I'm at my wits end. Im an emotional eater, I have the support of my boyfriend who eats healthy with me, but the support of a friend or two who is is the same boat as myself would be a plus!! Im trying to lose about 25lbs, i know i can do it, but it seems like the light at the end of the tunnel is dim. Id like to lose by my 30th birthday in September. Does anyone have these same goals?
  • Weight loss support
    Hi Hollie
    I have the same issues but no support. I had some friends who were supporting me. Once they reached their goals they were not their for me. I have always had problems sticking to things. Now trying to get back into it is rough. Would love to lose that first 25 though
  • Hello to both of you! This site is a great place to reach out for support! I like it because you can be honest, and be anonymous. There are things that I discuss here that I'm not so sure I would discuss with friends out of sheer embarrassment, like when I spend an entire day eating things I shouldn't .

Good luck to the both of you!
  • This is a great place to come for the support you need. I wish I could say I'm in the same boat, but I'm WAY part turning 30! Welcome to the board.

Lin
  • Welcome!

I'm most likely old enough to be your mother.

A couple of things I've learned.

You have to be your own cheerleader!

You have to set boundaries.

My Dh is very supportive, in his own way, which is strange, but he's on board. My sisters are supportive! My Mom, who is obese, always has been and always will, not so much. Not my problem.

I have a small, select group of friends, with only one that has any interest in my weight loss/maintaining and workouts.

The point is, I have made eating healthy most of the time a priority! I indulge once in awhile. I workout, on a regular basis, workout of my choice. I don't let what anyone else around me thinks or wants about my choices. They are mine! And I'm not budging!
  • I would love to lose a good amount a weight by my 29th b-day which is in Oct.