Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #1  

Location: Houston, Tx, but Missouri in the summer on the lake.

S/C/G: 150/148/125

Height: 5' 2"

Default Splurge as a Reward for weight loss?

Does anyone else have a certain item in mind that helps them stay motivated? Of course losing weight and being healthy is a reward. For me though, I have something very specific in mind.

I really want two things that cost a fortune. If I can stay on track and lose these 25 pounds I am buying them. My 20 year high school reunion is next year. One would think that was motivation enough. Instead as shallow as this sounds, it's a tight fitting Herve Leger dress and a pair of black stiletto from Christian Louboutin. I am going to buy it as a gift for myself, if I can lose the weight. Currently (according to Nordstrom's dress size finder) I am too busty to wear a dress like that.

So I refuse to purchase either one of these things before I lose the weight. Otherwise they would sit in my closet forever. They are my motivation.

Do any of you have something like this? Has it kept you movtivated? I really need something to keep me on track. I tend to give up really easily. I don't want to be overweight for the rest of my life.

Last edited by Mama Whitty; 06-20-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Mama Whitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #2  
Started ip 4/15/2013

S/C/G: 157/150/120

Height: 5'6"

OMG YES!!!! i'm hoping to loose most of my weight by september so i can buy all the new spiky shoes that i see on Neiman and Saks as well as 2 nice couture dresses when i'm done as a reward. And the spiky CL are one of the many i want!!! YOU CAN SO DO THIS!!!!
fighterchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterchic View Post
YOU CAN SO DO THIS!!!!
I love this. Makes me feel like maybe I can. Love the spiky ones I see at Nordstroms, but think I am going to opt for a fierce black pair with the red heel. So far I am struggling to stay focused because I think I am so hungry. This is why I can't exercise a ton in the beginning.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #4  
weight room rookie

S/C/G: 267/233/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Whitty View Post
So far I am struggling to stay focused because I think I am so hungry.
What I've done is tape a sheet of paper with my goals written on it to the front of the fridge at eye level. Just looking at what I want to accomplish makes me ask myself if I'm really hungry, or if I'm going to the fridge because I'm bored. Maybe printing out a picture of your shoes and putting it somewhere you're going to be sure to see will help?

This site is a wonderful place to find support. I agree with fighterchic, you can do this!
Issaknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #5  

I think the dress is more of what I desire. I wouldn't dare wear it now with this huge chest & big belly. (I carry all my weight in these two places) I think your right that I need to have a visual to get me motivated. I really want it this time and I have no excuses. My boys are old enough for me to workout more. Thankfully. I need to stay committed. Thanks for your help. I think this site will really help me. I can't wait till July 1st, so I can start one of the challenges.

Last edited by Mama Whitty; 06-20-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #6  

I love this! I think it is awesome that you are using non-food rewards to motivate you. I love the idea of a vision board too. I even made one on pinterest and it really helped me to create my vision of where I want to be.
DanielleGraceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I always feel like an elephant on stilts when I wear heels. I would love to finally get a nice pair of stilletos and actually feel sexy in them! This sounds like a very nice reward indeed when I hit goal weight! I've been actually thinking of getting lasik to get rid of the eye glasses and contacts. If anyone can share their experience, I would appreciate it.
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #8  

I own a pair of Jimmy Choos. I love wearing them, but hate how the rest of me looks. I have this amazing Banana Republic dress that would like great with them, if I could lose at least 15 pounds. I made the mistake of wearing it on a girls night out, I looked like a stuffed sausage in the pictures. It was so deflating. Maybe I should use those pictures for motivation? I want to feel sexy all over when I wear heels.

I can totally relate to your feeling like a elephant.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/149/125

Height: 5'6"

I can relate. The things I want, however, are not typically high fashion names. I just... I love this store. And the clothes are super cheap. And nice. And I can more or less fit into the large size dresses.

I've decided to not buy any clothes for myself until I've lost weight. For every inch I lose, I can get a new article of clothing.
ArtThistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

I am so with you on wanting to buy a sexy dress and shoes for a class reunion!! Last year was supposed to be my 10 year anniversary, but our class couldn't really get together (they chose the thanksgiving holiday weekend....all but 6 people already had holiday plans), so I'm hoping my 15 year anniversary will come through.

I've always been chubby and overweight, all throughout high school, so I really want to arrive there weighing less than I did at graduation and looking smoking hot! Heck, if I can get even less than my goal (130 is where I'd be comfortable, 115 is the "ideal" weight for my height so I'm told, and it was what I weighed when I was in 8th grade ), I'd really splurge and rent a really nice car, like an audi or bmw for the night lol!

You can do this, you are totally worth it!!! Just think of how awesome it will be to see all those familiar faces and say to yourself "D*mn, I look freaking HOT!"
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #11  

Thanks buffinlovin! We are all worth it.

I was very skinny in high school, now I would just be so embarrassed for most of them to see me. I met up with my Best Friend & this other girl we went to high school with for lunch. I hadn't seen either of them for years. They both were super skinny and looked so good. I ordered fish and a salad with unsweetened tea. It was at this hot new restaurant in Houston. I was so worried that they were judging me while I was eating. Ugh!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #12  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Nothing wrong with rewarding yourself for weight loss, but do focus on longer term aspirations than just looking awesome for a night, or that weight is likely to come right back on when the main event is completed.

I have my own clothing goals - they're great! But it's just so easy to go full tilt for a single occasion and then go back to old habits when the time is done. Just something to think about.

My rewards, to respond to your inquiry, are a custom corset (LOVE! But about $850, so yeouch on the wallet if my size changes) and a whole new wardrobe made up of pieces I enjoy and not just whatever is on clearance/functional at the time. I keep refining my personal style to strike that balance of practical and attractive, which can be quite tough living in a climate like this, with a bunch of kids, and a limited budget. It's a fun challenge, though

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 06-20-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #13  

I am not sure if I am even going to my high school reunion. Hasn't even been planned yet. I don't think any of us who want to lose weight are thinking in terms of just one night. (I hope) I live in a great big city where I can where fancy schmacy clothes out for date night & parties. I just think in terms of rewards it's nice to have a "prize" to strive for in the end. It is what is keeping me motivated. I certainly wouldn't want to buy a $1200 dress that I might get to wear one night. Envisioning myself in that dress makes me think I would never want to be this overweight again. I have been rather lucky. Until my mother died I was always in a healthy BMI range, it's just been the last two years that I gained the weight. My last women's well check I was told that if I even lost 10 pounds I am starving off meds for high cholesterol. So I want to stay focused on losing weight. I can't stand taking meds.

And yes girls we can all do it with support. Go get your corset. You are worth it.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

When I was close to the 75 pound mark, I realized that I'd lost enough weight that I could wear a watch again. I picked out a Stuhrling skeleton watch that is black and copper. I grew up in Arizona and I love copper. My husband bought the watch for me and I enjoy wearing it now. Not just because I love the watch itself but also because it's a daily reminder of how far I've come.

Here's the watch:

Now I'm thinking about what I want for losing 100 pounds.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #15  

Excellent! Thanks for sharing with us actual proof that it's possible. The watch looks fabulous. You should be very proud of your weight loss. Inspiring!