Anyone successfully satisfied with ONE serving of pasta? :)

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Quote:
    He anyone successfully transitioned to feeling satiated immediately after eating 1 serving of pasta??)

NO.
  • I have yet to make pasta for myself as a main dish since starting to lose weight. But like others said, veggies and protein are key. I occasionally use ONE serving of corn pasta or rice noodles (I'm allergic to wheat) in stir-fries or broth-based soups - the veggies, broth, and/or protein are plenty to fill me up.
    I'm also planning on making myself some kind of Thai peanut-lime rice noodle thing this week (as a treat), which I'll have as a side dish to a large salad (no dressing on the salad because I don't really like salad dressing.)
  • I just had an epiphany. Hubby asked me to make pasta tonight. I looked in the cupboard and found cappellinig and linguini (my faves!) and some ziti (blah). So I decided to make the ZITI! There's no way I'm going to overeat ziti because I don't like the size and texture so much. I just realized that I'm not addicted to pasta.... I'm addicted to twirling noodles on a fork!
  • Quote: I just had an epiphany. Hubby asked me to make pasta tonight. I looked in the cupboard and found cappellinig and linguini (my faves!) and some ziti (blah). So I decided to make the ZITI! There's no way I'm going to overeat ziti because I don't like the size and texture so much. I just realized that I'm not addicted to pasta.... I'm addicted to twirling noodles on a fork!
    I can SO relate to this. Back when I did eat pasta, I always would eat much more the angel hair or spaghetti than the penne (least favorite) or other shaped, non-twirl-able pastas.
  • One serving does satisfy me, but only because I add a bunch of fresh spinach to it. Man does it fill me up. I add spinach to most main dishes that seem "small" to me. It's basically a free food, it's healthy, it's yummy, and it's really filling.
  • Quote: Well surprise, surprise, I'm making pasta tonight! I'm gonna take your advice and add some mushrooms, onions, spinach, and tomatoes and see what that ends up looking like
    And so, KindaSortaAthlete... how was dinner? And you, too, wannabeskinny... how was dinner?
  • Quote: You're not alone! I absolutely can NOT keep bread, pasta, or potatoes in my house. They are reserved only for treats when I'm dining out...and even then it is in a very small portion.
    I'm not currently allowed pasta (or bread and potatoes for that matter) on my plan. I think going cold turkey was better than cutting back. This is my plan for when I hit maintenance - still wont keep dangerous foods in the house, reserve them for special occasions/dining out.
  • No, not at all. Since I'm eating lower carb and counting calories using fitness pal, I don't eat it right now. But when I do, its in alfredo sauce. I really am not a fan of spaghetti. I do like lasagna though and could eat 3 serving of any type of alfredo.
  • Quote: And so, KindaSortaAthlete... how was dinner? And you, too, wannabeskinny... how was dinner?
    It was good. I had a nice portion of it and felt full and no desire to eat pasta today.... well it's only breakfast time so far hehe.
  • Gave up on pasta a long time ago a serv of pasta is half a box I don't care what the box says its just wrong LOL....The box has the kid serving portions
  • Full blood italian here and lemme tell you WE EAT PASTA! Ha I dont make it as often as my mother does cause my fiance gets bored with it. But I cant imagine not having a big ole bowl of pasta with my awesome homemade meat sauce. My nonnie taught me and my cousins how to make sauce so it is something I like a lot. But I prolly only make it once a month now I never realized I made it so little now till I wrote this
  • I'm having it tomorrow night for dinner. I CAN do just one serving but I usually end up having two - I just make sure I have the calories for it
  • Quote:
    And so, KindaSortaAthlete... how was dinner?
    Newleaf - Great! I think I just need to figure out the sauce amount. Seems I prefer more sauce when I bulk up the pasta with veggies. Or maybe I'll just get used to it

I love to see folks saying a serving should be a box, or half a box - glad I'm not the only one who thinks that!
  • Nup but i save calories to eat spaghetti with mushrooms and parsley just dressed with olive oil and parmesan. Its worth it! I do miss pesto though nom nom nom!