Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindaSortaAthlete View Post

He anyone successfully transitioned to feeling satiated immediately after eating 1 serving of pasta??)

NO.

Last edited by Mountain Mamma; 06-07-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #32  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

I have yet to make pasta for myself as a main dish since starting to lose weight. But like others said, veggies and protein are key. I occasionally use ONE serving of corn pasta or rice noodles (I'm allergic to wheat) in stir-fries or broth-based soups - the veggies, broth, and/or protein are plenty to fill me up.
I'm also planning on making myself some kind of Thai peanut-lime rice noodle thing this week (as a treat), which I'll have as a side dish to a large salad (no dressing on the salad because I don't really like salad dressing.)
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I just had an epiphany. Hubby asked me to make pasta tonight. I looked in the cupboard and found cappellinig and linguini (my faves!) and some ziti (blah). So I decided to make the ZITI! There's no way I'm going to overeat ziti because I don't like the size and texture so much. I just realized that I'm not addicted to pasta.... I'm addicted to twirling noodles on a fork!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #34  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
I just had an epiphany. Hubby asked me to make pasta tonight. I looked in the cupboard and found cappellinig and linguini (my faves!) and some ziti (blah). So I decided to make the ZITI! There's no way I'm going to overeat ziti because I don't like the size and texture so much. I just realized that I'm not addicted to pasta.... I'm addicted to twirling noodles on a fork!
I can SO relate to this. Back when I did eat pasta, I always would eat much more the angel hair or spaghetti than the penne (least favorite) or other shaped, non-twirl-able pastas.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #35  
Faith of a mustard seed

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Height: 5'6

One serving does satisfy me, but only because I add a bunch of fresh spinach to it. Man does it fill me up. I add spinach to most main dishes that seem "small" to me. It's basically a free food, it's healthy, it's yummy, and it's really filling.
Gonna Get There Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #36  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindaSortaAthlete View Post
Well surprise, surprise, I'm making pasta tonight! I'm gonna take your advice and add some mushrooms, onions, spinach, and tomatoes and see what that ends up looking like
And so, KindaSortaAthlete... how was dinner? And you, too, wannabeskinny... how was dinner?
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #37  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstello87 View Post
You're not alone! I absolutely can NOT keep bread, pasta, or potatoes in my house. They are reserved only for treats when I'm dining out...and even then it is in a very small portion.
I'm not currently allowed pasta (or bread and potatoes for that matter) on my plan. I think going cold turkey was better than cutting back. This is my plan for when I hit maintenance - still wont keep dangerous foods in the house, reserve them for special occasions/dining out.
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 258/146ish/146ish

Height: 5' 5

No, not at all. Since I'm eating lower carb and counting calories using fitness pal, I don't eat it right now. But when I do, its in alfredo sauce. I really am not a fan of spaghetti. I do like lasagna though and could eat 3 serving of any type of alfredo.
monmis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
And so, KindaSortaAthlete... how was dinner? And you, too, wannabeskinny... how was dinner?
It was good. I had a nice portion of it and felt full and no desire to eat pasta today.... well it's only breakfast time so far hehe.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 277/tckr/190

Height: 5'6

Gave up on pasta a long time ago a serv of pasta is half a box I don't care what the box says its just wrong LOL....The box has the kid serving portions
GMNEVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 287/275/160

Height: 5'6"

Full blood italian here and lemme tell you WE EAT PASTA! Ha I dont make it as often as my mother does cause my fiance gets bored with it. But I cant imagine not having a big ole bowl of pasta with my awesome homemade meat sauce. My nonnie taught me and my cousins how to make sauce so it is something I like a lot. But I prolly only make it once a month now I never realized I made it so little now till I wrote this
pixie3208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I'm having it tomorrow night for dinner. I CAN do just one serving but I usually end up having two - I just make sure I have the calories for it
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:47 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 178/142/135

Quote:
And so, KindaSortaAthlete... how was dinner?
Newleaf - Great! I think I just need to figure out the sauce amount. Seems I prefer more sauce when I bulk up the pasta with veggies. Or maybe I'll just get used to it

I love to see folks saying a serving should be a box, or half a box - glad I'm not the only one who thinks that!
KindaSortaAthlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 182/145/119 keto

Height: 5ft2in

Nup but i save calories to eat spaghetti with mushrooms and parsley just dressed with olive oil and parmesan. Its worth it! I do miss pesto though nom nom nom!
Sheena82 is offline   Reply With Quote